Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sarah Jane V

Approachable Staff

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Aug 2018
I initially booked two twin sharing room for our group but I had to cancel both rooms and changed it to a one triple sharing room due to some unforeseen situation. Process of cancellation and booking of another room was fast and hassle free. The room assigned to us is the one located the the back of the property. Air conditioning of the room is good and the room is spacious. It's just that I don't think they clean our room everyday because the floor mat by the door of the room and by the bathroom door was never changed during our almost three night stay in the guesthouse. But I do commend their staff because all of them are approachable and easy to talk to.
Date of stay: October 2017
No prepayment needed
  • Priceline
3.2 miles from Happy Guest House
View more hotels in Siem Reap
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I’m having a hard time deciding between 3 and 4 stars. When we first walked in to the room it looked very clean and nice. Once we put our bags down I found what I think was mouse poop on the bed and one on the floor behind bed. I’m familiar with mouse poop... but we also thought maybe it was from a gecko. HOWEVER we saw no further evidence of mice through out our stay. The beds were the most comfortable beds we had during our one month backpacking trip. The bathroom was pretty dirty with mould everywhere. This is kind of to be expected with the showers and wooden doors.. just doesn’t mix. It’s bound to get mouldy. The actual sink and toilet were clean though. It surprisingly didn’t bother me too much because I cared more about a clean bed and pillow. The location of the guest house was great. The restaurant was great, decent food, very cheap prices and the best mango, pineapple and dragonfruit we have ever had! If it got too hot we would just hang out at the restaurant in the shade for a few hours. There is also a hotel down the road that you can pay $3/day to use their pool! This was an absolute life saver in the April heat. Overall — I would stay here again. It was the cheapest place we stayed the whole trip, and I didn’t have to compromise my “comforts” (really only the bathroom & potential mice issue) too much.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Stayed there two nights with my younger brother during Khmer New Year days. We are offered an early check in. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. They would provide any information you would like to know happily. Especially, The house located close to our target places such: Cultural Village, Pub street and many.... If you wish to explore Siem Reap city with little money, Highly recommend this lovely guest house.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We stayed 2 nights in this lovely guesthouse. We had a double room with our own bathroom and it was very clean. The Wifi was good!

Breakfast was not included but you can order breakfast in the morning and the food is fresh made and cheap. The staff is extremely friendly and is really helpful when you have so many questions like us had. :)

We also booked a tuk-tuk tour to the temples of Ankgor and our tuk-tuk driver was so cool and relaxed. In the evening we told him that it would be great if he will be our tuk-tuk driver the next day too, but unfortunately there was another driver coming the next morning. He was friendly too, but his English was not that good and we had one misunderstanding which was a bit annoyingly. So it was not the same and we missed our tuk-tuk driver from the first day. :D
But luckily he was back in the evening to drive us to the bus station where we took a night bus to Sihanoukville. So that was a very good end of a very good time we had in Siem Reap and Angkor! :)

We can absolutely recommend the Happy Guest House, you will leave this place happily! Again a special mention to the staff, you are so great! :)

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Stayed here for a month at the end of season- mid-Feb to mid-March, and it was perfect for me, slightly out of busy Pub St area, but close enough to walk. They supplied tuk-tuks to and from the airport, and the room was clean, and services such as laundry and restaurant were very good. Also available through the staff I got good connections to local services, such as a great dentist, and tour operators, as I wanted to go off the beaten track a bit. Also- the bed was super comfy. I paid an extra dollar a day for hot water, but was probably not needed due to the heat, and the ceiling fan was completely adequate. I will definitely stay here again as my first choice next time.

Room tip: hot water and air con extras not essential
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank vivalerocq
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I travelled with two friends and stayed two nights here. Price is very good and the location is great, in a quiet area close to the river and walking distance from downtown.

The room was spacious and clean. The courtyard with restaurant was cosy and good good and decently priced.

Staff can help with booking bus tickets etc.

Date of stay: March 2018