“A memorable stay....”
Review of The Kool Hotel

The Kool Hotel
Ranked #202 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed in this family run botique hotel with my parents and my family for four days. Don't be misled by the unassuming 50m approach road. There would by a gem once you are there. Friendliest staff I have come across in all the hotels I stayed....hospitality redefined. The rooms were spacious and clean - comparable to any star hotels. However, would recommend a larger towel rack and extra cloth hooks in the bathrooms. The lobby area and dinning space are designed with an oriental touch. The pool is small but clean. A dip in it is quite refreshing at the end of the tours in heat and humidity of Siem Reap.
The tour arrangement for the three days was done by the hotel staff and they took care of all the minute details of the tours. The menu is limited but the catering staff are flexible and took care of the special dietary needs of my parents. They even packed the breakfast for the last day of our stay as our flight was quite early in the morning. Internet is free albeit slow. There are some problems with the WiFi in some corners, but this should not be accounted as a demerit.
Overall, the stay was memorable. Would definitely stay in Kool hotel if I visit Siem Reap again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AKAsm
There are newer reviews for The Kool Hotel

Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed at the Kool hotel on a recent trip to Siem Reap and I was happy with the stay. It is not the best hotel you can find but for it's price it provides good value for money and the staff are SO helpful.

The staff make the place relaxing and informal. They treat you more like family which is what I like when I travel. They arrange everything for you and nothing is a hassle. The manager arranged my laundry to be done at the last minute which was so amazing given it was so late in the day. In fact, they are so helpful, in order for me to see Angkor prior to the hordes of tourists, they arranged Danny the tuk tuk driver and asked the chef to prepare an early buffet breakfast for me prior to 7am. It is these little things that make it go from a good hotel to a very good place to stay.

Sure, there are some minor details that require maintenance but most people, including myself, can live with a "rough around the edges" environment if the staff try really hard. Thank you Kool Hotel!

Ps. Book Danny the Tuk Tuk driver...he is not your average Tuk Tuk driver. He is trying to start his own business so he can give his children a better life...great guy!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I was lucky to have found this place on my first visit to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Stayed here for 3 days at the guesthouse section and explored Siem Reap from here. The rooms are clean and spacious. I requested for a room at ground level so I could easily pack/unpack my travel gear onto my motorcycle. It is a family run operation and the hospitality of the staff is second to none. I even got to use the bicycle to explore Angkor the whole day, which I believe was the best way to see the temples. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2011

As per the other reviews this hotel is fantastic. The staff are exceptional the rooms very clean. The pool is fantastic at the end of the day.

Amazing hotel for the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We were very impressed with the Kool hotel on our trip to Cambodia(stayed 3 nights). Wonderful welcome on our arrival with cool drinks and towels which was lovely in the heat. Our three children really enjoyed the pool and free internet access,Both rooms were spotless and the staff were willing to do anything to help even found a battery charger for my husbands camera. The hotel will organise a tut tut to take you to Angkor Wat. Food was very reasonable and breakfast lovely. We will stay longer next time as Angkor Wat has a lot to explore.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We originally stayed here in June 2010 and upon our next visit in April 2011 there was only one option ‘The Kool Hotel’
On both of our visits we have found the Kool to be great value for money, with a great breakfast and fantastic pool which is definitely required after a day of the temples. The complementary pick up service when you arrive in Siem Reap is very welcome in an unknown place.
Sothy and Leak were very helpful with tips and any requests which we made.
The complementary wifi made it very easy for me to keep in touch with work.
The rooms are generous in size with separate bathroom, cable TV and as others have said you can get a safe and fridge on request.
It is a waste of time looking elsewhere on our next visit the only option will be The Kool Hotel.

Room Tip: If you require a Safe and/or Fridge ask for one!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The Kool Hotel is located 2minutes from Pub Street by tuk tuk.
The rooms are spacious and clean with all the modern cons.
The staff are more than helpful and if they don't have the answer or provide the service, they will find a way to get things sorted.
Great personalized service at a fraction of the cost of others!

• Stayed: August 2011