“Owner with a heart for customers at Kool”
Review of The Kool Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Kool Hotel
Ranked #220 of 386 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We, six of us, stayed 3 nights at Kool from 9-12 April. It was a nice stay, and the hotel offered a lot of support in getting our trip well arranged in just one stop. We had a two-day van rental with an English-speaking driver (Basic Rate US$30 / day) provided by Kool and made our temple tour quite comfortably. The rooms are new, spacious, clean and nicely-decorated... the beds are so good and we all slept so well here.
Frankly speaking, annoying insects were around and sometimes inside the rooms too, but it may be too picky and quit unrealistic to completely avoid them in tropical countries... being disturbed by them was assumed to be part of our itinerary ;-))
The owner, Dara, is a very hospitable, sincere and customer-oriented person... though not all of his staff are smart at responding to customer needs ;-p but they are definitely polite. He keeps on giving his staff training and support in the hope that they can work independently someday in the future. Dara thinks a lot for his customers, making things easy for us!!!
A small pool was newly built two weeks ago at the back of the hotel building. Unfortunately, we did not bring any swimwear for we haven't expected it... maybe wait until next time ;-) Expansion projects will still be carried out in Kool for Dara wants to please customers by adding more value to the money they spent.
We enjoyed our stay very much!!! Will absolutely recommend this hotel to travellers seeking a reasonably-priced room with good standards, locating away from the haste and hustle of the city centre but just 5 minutes by Tuk-tuk to reach there. Hope we will be back one day!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 April 2009

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2009

This is my first trip to Cambodia and I booked my accommodation with the Kool hotel through a recommendation from a good friend of mine who went to Cambodia last month.

I pre-arranged my airport transfers and tours to Siem Reap attractions with the hotel and it turned out to be very right decision to let the hotel organised everything for me as my trips were very well-organised and I got to see many interesting things within my itinerary, time frame, and budget thanks to dedicated staff at the Kool hotel.

The hotel staff was very helpful, polite and friendly throughout my stay. My room was very new, clean, large, modern and beautifully decorated. There was also a good sized bathtub in my bathroom which was a good addition. Breakfast was also included with the room and it was not just a dull breakfast (only bacon and toast like some other places). There was a long list of breakfast menu. The location of the hotel is pretty good not far from the tourist area of the town. It takes around 5 min by tuk tuk. I also took the hotel manager’s recommendation to walk around the town and to the old market area using the riverside avenue and it was a lovely and charming walk. Thank you Nat, Dan and their staff for making such a wonderful stay on my first trip to Cambodia.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I visited the Kool last month and it was also my first time in CAMBODIA too. I'm very impressed with all the staffs here. I have to say that they are very friendly and helpful. No worry of thier English cause the owners can speak English well.

Room was far better than I expected. It's nice, clean and well decorated. Talking about breakfast, here you will find a long list of food in the menu. Surely that you will find one that you like.

Reviewed 6 April 2009

Reviewed 26 March 2009

5  Thank paulboogie
reachy, General Manager at The Kool Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2009

Reviewed 21 March 2009