“Where do I start,great staff,amazing tour guide Sim Sopheaktra”
Review of The Kool Hotel

The Kool Hotel
Ranked #209 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 26 February 2010

It was wonderful from start to finish, we extended another 2 days.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 February 2010

We stayed at this wonderfully personal hotel for 5 nights in February. Having spent the last 13 months travelling and staying in no less than 100 hotels of all classes worldwide, I can honestly say that the staff at this hotel are the best we have encountered. They were more than happy to book onward travel for us and even provided a packed breakfast for our early departure. Nothing was too much trouble. As stated in other reviews, this hotel may not have all the bells and whistles but it had everything we needed and more. The restaurant food was very good and priced competitively with restaurants in town. The shuttle bus into town was a great service when we were too temple weary to make the 20 minute walk. We even used the laundry service which cost US$1 for 4 items. We loved this hotel and especially its staff.

Reviewed 24 February 2010

Staff at the hotel were very warm and friendly. The service was personal which I did not experience from large chain hotels. The room was great, clean, neat and tidy with touches of Cambodian art, for the price I paid, it was more than what I expected. Swimming pool is well-maintained with tropical setting.the size is good comparing to the number of rooms offered (I think only around 20 rooms) Food was also nice, many choices for breakfast (complimentary with my room) and nice Cambodian food for dinner especially the steam fish with curry Amok.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I stayed here on my honeymoon for 3 nights and the service we received and the friendly and helpful attitude of the staff was simply outstanding. The Kool hotel isn't glitz and glamour but what it lacks in 5 star bits and pieces it makes up for with it's staff. We stayed at a range of hotels right up to international 5 star hotels on our trip and none of them had service like we received here. We even had the staff at reception surprise us one evening with long stem roses and a slice of cake to celebrate our wedding. I would go back here any time.
Don't worry about the location, there's a small army of tuk tuk drivers who'll take you into the thick of things for $2US and we never walked out of the hotel and waited for a ride. There is also the hotel's mini bus if you want to save the $2. The hotel booked drivers and tour guides to take us around the temples which saved us having to worry about it and they didn't charge a huge premium for doing it either! I was a little nervous when I first walked into the room and saw there was no safe but when I mentioned it to reception they put one in the room while I was out to lunch. All in all we had a great time here and would definately stay here again if we were in Siam Reap. By the way make sure you go to Madame Butterfly if you want a nice meal while you are here!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dofaSydney_Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2010

The pictures available online dont do this place justice. It is fantastic. Very clean. Beautifully/tastefully decorated in Kmer style. Perfect for a family of 4 with two small kids(7 and 3). Very quiet. Pool is great, much better than it looks on the internet. We ahd just come from Thailand after spending two months there. We didnt know what to expect from Cambodia and we were pleasantly surprized. The staff here are so helpful. They arranged suitable transport and guides to visit the temples and the floating village. The restuarant at the hotel was really good, better than others recomended in loney planet! You must try the fish Amok here, such a beautiful version of it that I asked for the recipe which they happily organised! The kids also loved the butterfly garden restuarant and the peace cafe (formerly singing tree). Both donate to the disadvantaged in Cambodia, both have excellent food, the former has loads of butterflys and the other has organic and delious food. Another great place to get a coffee is Joe to Go, near the markets. Upstairs is a boutique that has beautiful handmade dolls and scarves and jewellery etc. All the money goes directly to people living in extreme poverty. This is a much better place to buy beautiful souveniers than the market, plus your money makes a huge difference.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We stayed at the Kool Hotel in Dec. 2009 for 2 nights while visiting the Angkor Wat temples. This is a charming small hotel in a quiet location just a few minutes from town. They offer a convenient shuttle to town, so the location is not an issue. Our room was spacious , comfortable and clean. The breakfast was included and we had our choice of various items on the menu. We also had dinner in the restaurant and it was quite tasty. The people working there were friendly, contributing to the warm inviting atmosphere. The only small issue we had was the hot water ran out one day.
I highly recommend staying at this hotel! I am very particular about where I stay, and this place lives up to my expectations for this type of accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2010

This hotel was the highlight of my trip apart from seeing the great ruin of Angkor. My room was comfortable, clean and large. Staff were very kind, friendly and helpful. Pool was great and quiet most of the time I used. Breakfast was good and it's included with the room. I shall definitely return to the Kool hotel next year for sure to see more temples as I did not expect that there are so many interesting temples in the area and I only had 2 full days this trip.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo