See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed there for 3 nights and everything was excellent!
The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was big and always clean.
There were free wi-fi. It's quite far from the Bar street, but it's easy to take tuk-tuk to get to the main street.
(and it means that in the hotel is very calm and silent. The best place for the relax.)
The hotel had very domestic atmosphere. The restaurant in the hotel was good (but not the best).
They cooked nice breakfasts. When we left at 6 o'clock to the plane (before breakfast time)
they cooked sandwiches to us. Oh, this was very nice from their side :).
The area around the swimming-pool is intended for relax. So as I said earlier it was perfect and it's very good value for money!
I would recommended to my friends to stay there and If I were there again - I would stayed in the Kool hotel!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Went by the advice of fellow travelers and booked this place for a two day stay.
Was not disappointed with the service at all.Their location was convenient to head into the Pub street and old market areas . the rooms were comfortable and I only found hot water not so readily available on tap.No elevator is available, so plan accordingly.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I used the trip advisor reviews of The Kool Hotel to decide where to stay in Siem Reap, and I was not disappointed.

The staff at The Kool Hotel were fantastic. From the moment they picked us up from airport to the day we checked out, the staff were kind, friendly and helpful. There were some language barriers - especially when ordering breakfast, but they were patient and tried their best to understand.

The rooms were simple and clean but I found the bed was too hard. Although, after the first night it didn't bother me anymore and I've found that all Cambodian hotel beds are hard.

It's nice to sit back and enjoy the pool and the hotel landscape whilst eating at the restaurant. Breakfast was simple but fresh and the meals were delicious.

The dark dirt laneway leading to the hotel made us a bit concerned at first but it does not reflect on the condiion of the hotel and it would not stop me from going back. All the tuk-tuks took us right to the hotel door and 99% of the time there was a tuk-tuk waiting out front.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaynie85
Reviewed 1 August 2010

The Kool Hotel is exactly what it says it is - a cool, good-value location where the staff try really hard to please and where the facilities and quality of accommodation are leaps ahead of those places charging similar rates. A decent breakfast is included, tuk-tuks for tours of nearby Angkor Wat can be arranged and there's even a free shuttle service into town in the evenings. Highly recommended

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

This hotel is the perfect base for a visit to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. The best feature of the hotel is the staff, who were friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel runs a free shuttle bus to the restaurant district during the evening, so getting around Siem Reap was very easy. The hotel restaurant was delicious and very reasonable, US$3 per dish. I would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple