See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I stayed at the Kool Hotel for three nights. They provided a free airport pickup via car. The hotel has a restaurant with complimentary breakfast and all day snacks included (quite a varied menu, even has breakfast burritos!). There is a lovely pool behind the restaurant. The rooms are large with airconditioning, wifi, and two bottles of water included. Bathroom was clean but water was tepid at best.
The hotel is located on a small alley off a main road, so noise polllution is not an issue. It is, however, quite far from the main bar/dining area. The hotel offers a free shuttle service in the evenings to the main bar area, or you can take a tuk tuk for $1 per person per way.
The staff was very lovely and helpful. They arranged bus tickets for Phomn Penh and sightseeing for the Angkor temples. They seem to have a network of tuk tuk and car drivers on call. You pay for the transport directly to the hotel, at the standard rate (no mark up because it is a hotel arranging it).
Highly recommend the Kool Hotel--for its great staff and nice property!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susie1028
Reviewed 3 August 2010

i and my friend were really enjoyed our stay there. Yes, great hotel and service was amazing. Our room was large and clean with 1 king-size bed, clean pillow... The bath-room was large too and extremely clean. Good breakfast too. However, the Internet did not work for 2 nights when we were there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed there for 3 nights and everything was excellent!
The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was big and always clean.
There were free wi-fi. It's quite far from the Bar street, but it's easy to take tuk-tuk to get to the main street.
(and it means that in the hotel is very calm and silent. The best place for the relax.)
The hotel had very domestic atmosphere. The restaurant in the hotel was good (but not the best).
They cooked nice breakfasts. When we left at 6 o'clock to the plane (before breakfast time)
they cooked sandwiches to us. Oh, this was very nice from their side :).
The area around the swimming-pool is intended for relax. So as I said earlier it was perfect and it's very good value for money!
I would recommended to my friends to stay there and If I were there again - I would stayed in the Kool hotel!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Went by the advice of fellow travelers and booked this place for a two day stay.
Was not disappointed with the service at all.Their location was convenient to head into the Pub street and old market areas . the rooms were comfortable and I only found hot water not so readily available on tap.No elevator is available, so plan accordingly.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I used the trip advisor reviews of The Kool Hotel to decide where to stay in Siem Reap, and I was not disappointed.

The staff at The Kool Hotel were fantastic. From the moment they picked us up from airport to the day we checked out, the staff were kind, friendly and helpful. There were some language barriers - especially when ordering breakfast, but they were patient and tried their best to understand.

The rooms were simple and clean but I found the bed was too hard. Although, after the first night it didn't bother me anymore and I've found that all Cambodian hotel beds are hard.

It's nice to sit back and enjoy the pool and the hotel landscape whilst eating at the restaurant. Breakfast was simple but fresh and the meals were delicious.

The dark dirt laneway leading to the hotel made us a bit concerned at first but it does not reflect on the condiion of the hotel and it would not stop me from going back. All the tuk-tuks took us right to the hotel door and 99% of the time there was a tuk-tuk waiting out front.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple