“Value for money accompanied by excellent service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kool Hotel

The Kool Hotel
Ranked #185 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore
“Value for money accompanied by excellent service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

Kool hotel is definitely value for money. It may not be as luxurious as other hotels but the service provided is excellent. It is affordable and the rooms are clean. We were greeted on arrival by 2 resident dogs who were hot favorites amongst the hotel guests.

The breakfast served are simple fare ordered off the ala carte menu and self-serve fruits. The in-house restaurant also serves up really good local fare.

The hotel provides free wifi and even a small corner where 2 computers are set-up for guests should you not have brought your laptop. There is also a small pool within the hotel compound for cool dips when the weather gets too hot.

As we were travelling to Phnom Phenh for the second part of our trip, we enquired on where we could purchase coach tickets and were pleasantly surprised to find out that the coach tickets could be arranged and paid for at the hotel which was really convenient. On the day that we were to depart from the hotel, the arranged transport was dreadfully late. The hotel staff assisted to check on the transport for us and even took the initiative to organise private transport for us to the coach free-of-charge given that we were running out of time and the transport did still not show.

The hotel is not without its flaws, we did have a slight issue with a clogged bathtub but this was immediately rectified by the friendly and efficient staff. Do note that it is also a 10 minute drive from the town area but there are complimentary regular shuttles that would take you there and back. If you miss the shuttle, you can opt to take the tuk tuks which wait outside the hotel. Just remember to agree on a price before you get on.

We would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for an affordable accomodation in Siem Reap.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

The hotel with characters, loved the design of our rooms, modern yet you still see some traditional arts. THE BEST and one of the friendliest staff and they were so helpful. Room rate's very value for money for services you got. Food was reasonable priced and tasty, even better than some fancy restaurants in town. Good pool to cool off. Free wifi, shuttle to old market, breafast included with the room was great, it was freshly cooked when we ordered and many choices. We will recommend this place to our friends who are thinking about visiting Siem Reap for sure.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

I had such a positive experience with Kool Hotel. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. They offer complimentary breakfast, hotel transport to/from the airport, 4 cans of soda, 2 bottles of water, wifi, and transport to the city. They even sewed up my boyfriend's ripped trousers free of charge within an hour! I highly recommend this hotel, and I can't wait to stay there again when I return to Siem Reap. I will truly miss everyone. Thanks for a lovely time!

• Stayed November 2010
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

As soon as the doors opened to the hotel, we were greeted with a cold towel, welcome drinks and was given a city map of Siem Reap. The check in staff asked about our travel plans and assisted us in booking a boat cruise for that afternoon, full day sightseeing tour the following day, a quad bike tour, two dinner reservations and couples massage. We were set for our holidays. The staff was courteous, friendly and very helpful. Daily breakfast is included, and is delish. There's free internet, a pool and free shuttle to pub street every night. What more can you ask for?

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

Stayed recently during my trip to Angkor. Fantastic hotel. My room was large, clean and modern with attached bathroom with bathtub. Local decorative touches are everywhere both in the room and almost everywhere in the hotel. Room rate is very reasonable , great service from the staff, they were really friendly, helpful and went out of thier way to help, nice and freshly cooked breakfast. The restaurant also serves one of the best Khmer dishes I ever had in Cambodia 'Amok fish'. The pool's nice, well-maintained and is the place to relax after long days at temples. Free internet and shuttle bus to old market, well thought!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Ulverstone, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2010

The kool hotel is exactly that, cool. This was by far the best hotel I stayed in while in Vietnam and Cambodia and very reasonably priced. The staff are friendly, even the cleaning staff always said hello, and professional, always willing to offer help on any tours and takes an interest in what you have done that day and what you have planned for the next and couldnt do enough for us. Has a free shuttle bus to the markets of a night which was handy and tuk tuks right outside all the time, but still only a small walk to the centre of town. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very nice and quiet. The restaurant is nice and have great meals at cheap prices. If I went back to Siem Reap I would not even look at anywhere else to stay.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

I was lured by the good reviews posted for this hotel and decided to give it a try. I like the idea of family-run business as I don't care how big a hotel is. I only one clean safe room to stay. On the night of Oct 15, 2010 it was raining cats-and-dogs. Inside a tuktuk on bumpy dark road, I was wondering where the heck I threw myself in until my driver found the small hotel. I was welcomed and overwhelmed by the tranquility of the hotel. The staff were well trained and genuinely friendly. my room was clean and neat. The day before I left, a staff taught how to fold lotus flower, It was really a big treat for me. Even after I checked out, I was still provided with breakfast upon inquiry. When they found out that I didn't like toast and butter, they made noddle soup for me. It was pleasant to dine there with beautiful view of the garden. I saw the green shining leavies of canna lilies, the bright red flowers, and the azure swimming pool. The morning of Oct 17 was a great memory for me. The hotel was like an oasis in the busy crowded Siem Reap.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo