“Nice Course”
Review of Angkor Golf Resort

Angkor Golf Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: An award winning 18 Holes golf course designed by European legend, Sir Nick Faldo. Conveniently located 5 minutes from Siem Reap International Airport and 10 minutes from Siem Reap city center and the Angkor Wat
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Well maintained resort style course won't disappoint. Very much typical of its genre: flat with no special natural features. The features are manmade - plenty of water and lots of flat bunkers. If you push the ball off the fairway, but not in the water, then its almost always playable as there is very little long grass or genuine rough. The idea is, I think, to keep play moving along. Your ball is either playable or lost. Made interesting by the bunkers - which are strategically placed to catch the shot that doesn't quite go far enough, or too far.
Very friendly staff and decent rental clubs (I had Taylormade R11s with regular steel shaft). Nice changing rooms and cafe.
Enjoyed my round and recommend.

All reviews
"golfing experience"
"golf director"
"long par"

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This course is a short trip from Siem Reap and worth the effort. Course was in excellent condition even given the recent weather. The staff greeted me with a smile and were very effecient. I was on my way after selecting my clubs within minutes. The club rentals are excellent and in good condition. My caddie ensured I warmed up before hitting off as I was the first person out. A good idea as this course is no easy assignment. Water on most if not all holes add to the challenge however the fairways are generous which helps. The caddies knew their distances well helping with many difficult bunker or water carries. I would recommend you take the time to try this course you will enjoy it.

1  Thank GregM091056
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Upon arrival my partner and I (he played, I drove the cart) were met by friendly staff who were quick to get us settled with hire clubs and a caddy. A quick hit at the practice range before teeing off was enough to get the eye in and warm up. The caddy we had (Lita) was great. Very good with distance and assisting with putting lines.
Overall the course was in great condition. My partner tee'd off at 7am. We were the only ones out at that time, and we did so in order to beat the midday heat. The round took about 2 3/4 hours and was worth every dollar.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Recent Floods in Siem Reap saw most of the roads out to the course difficult to navigate, but once we arrived we had an amazing time.

Club rental was very cheap and a good selection of top clubs to choose from.

Bunkers were a bit grainy as the sand was of a pebble consistency, causing me much grief on the first hole, but laughed it off as was there to have fun.

Caddies spoke great English and definitely helped me keep my score lower than it could have been. well worth a visit if, like us, golf is the reason you are on your trip in the first place.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I paid green fee for 18 holes but decided after the first nine that the course was almost unplayable being waterlogged at various places and uncut grass on fairways and mud churned out by worms on most greens...completely uncared for.This is understandable with the wet weather and furthermore with so few players making use of the facility and paying for doing so the club I am sure is not making any money at all as it costs a lot to maintain an 18 hole course.I notice a lot of field workers but with little supervision they just spend the time chatting away under the shade.I asked for a refund for the nine hole that I didn't play or a rain check but was told they have no such policy and obviously they are in need of cash to run this place.So if you are planning to golf in SiemReap choose the right season or better still stick to the century old temples and the temptations of Pub Street or the night market.

CandraTanpatti, Marketing Executive at Angkor Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

First and foremost, I am sorry to hear your negative feedback and regret that your day at Angkor Golf Resort wasn't as you had wished.

In your comments you mentioned that your visit was in April 2013, however I presume this is a typo as April is the dry season which would contradict your comments about the wet conditions.
I presume you played in October which is in fact the wet season and coincidentally was one of the wettest months on record, causing terrible flooding throughout Siem Reap.

There were some days in October when the course did become a little too wet. There was also a period in Sep/Oct when we carried out annual maintenance works (verti-cutting top dressing and aerifying) which may make the course appear to be 'un-kept'. It would be normal policy to offer you a rain check or in fact refund your payment based on your comments / complaints. I can only imagine that you were mis informed by a staff member and for this we take full responsibility. I wish I could have handled your complaint personally and more sympathetically on the day of your visit.

Regarding your comment on the worm casts, there are certain times after extreme rainfall when this may occur for a few days. Normally this will cause minimum distraction to the guests so we prefer not to use pesticides to kill the worms.

I have played and worked at golf courses around the world and I must say that I find the condition and maintenance of Angkor Golf Resort to be of a very high standard.

I am very sorry that on the day of your visit the course was not as you would have liked it. As a small gesture, If you or your friends ever pass through again I will be happy to offer you complimentary golf.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Replied by: