“LITTLE PIECE OF PARASIDE!!”

Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort
Ranked #70 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 25 August 2013

HAK (Manager) and all his staff are amazing. We travelled for a month around Cambodia/Vietnam and this was the BEST place we stayed in. From the free pick-up from bus station to friendly personalised service. Hak booked our tour for us to the floating village which we were very nervous about as we have heard about the scams. He ensured we would have no problems and we didnt. We travelled with our 3 children and they agree this place is fantastic. Rooms are perfect with a lovely balcony out the front to relax on. Breakfast was lovely and the pool very relaxing. WE WILL BE BACK! We referred this little gem onto our parents and relatives who have already stayed and agree its fantastic. Thanks Hak for leaving our last few days overseas with lots of amazing memories. Your aussie friends Carly, David & kids

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave A
Sonalong V, Manager at Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you so much SIR for your valued time to wrote a review about our resort to TripAdvisor.
I do hope to see you and your family again next time near the future.

There are newer reviews for Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I booked in here for one night and ended up staying two. I was lucky to have a very spacious room with a balcony and the gardens beneath are full of trees and plants. I enjoyed chilling out by the pool during the day or after a hard days temple seeing. Breakfast included is a bonus also. I was unfortunate to have an accident whilst in Siem Riep and the hotel manager Hak went above and beyond to ensure that i received medical treatment and felt alright. Being a short walk from the river , market, pub street etc I would definitely recommend this place to my friends. They also sorted out a driver for me and my friend to visit the Kampong Pluck floating market

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Oakleafs
Sonalong V, Manager at Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much SIR for your valued time to wrote a review about your present in our resort and thank you again for your recommendation to all your friend who will come to visit Cambodia for the near future and hope your friend will stay in our resort and have a good time like your.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We found this hotel to be very good value with very reasonable rates which included airport transfers. With its lush gardens and inviting pool it was a lovely place to return to after climbing around the magnificent temple ruins. Mr Hak organised an excellent guide for us for three days, and also organised a minibus and very good driver. The staff were all charming and so helpful. On the last morning, at very short notice, they organised an hours foot massage which was wonderful and at only US $7, exceptional value. We had breakfast each morning - the omelettes are delicious as are the fresh fruit platters. We had lunch at Sonalong on several occasions too, also very tasty. We hope to stay at Sonalong again and in the meantime we are very happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: Only you can decide whether you want to be on the ground floor or first floor. All rooms spacious an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for valued recommendation to TripAdvisor, I am really happy that you enjoyed our services while you were in our resort.
We do expect to have a chance to serve you next time.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

For all travellers interested in going to Siem Reap - Cambodia, we have found a little haven of Paradise, Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort is in the heart of the city, the resort rooms are surrounded by beautiful gardens, a beautiful pool in the gardens, quaint cottages with lovely verandahs and comfy chairs, king size comfy beds, huge rooms, very quiet, extremely friendly manager Mr Hak and very pleasant staff who can't do enough for you, this resort is well within everyones. budget, believe me - you won't be sorry
We have travelled 32 countries, this is the best accommodation we have ever found. Great value for money, our daughter and husband and three little children stayed here also - they raved about the resort,
Well done Sonalong, we will be back with family and friends
Grey nomads - Australia

Room Tip: Every room is a great room, 102 is in front of the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much MADAM and SIR for your valued time to wrote a review about our resort to TripAdvisor even negative or positive. I am glad to know that you were delightful during you stayed in Cambodia and stayed with us.
I do hope to have a chance to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of an Intrepid Tour and it was amazing. The grounds are beautiful with many flowers, trees and shrubs to provide shade and also all labelled with the type of plant. The pool was clean and quiet and a welcome relief from the temperatures of July in Cambodia.
The rooms are delightful, they are individual little 'cabins' with separate rooms upstairs and down. Outside, each room has a little verandah with lounge chairs and a ceiling fan, while inside they are clean and bright.
The staff were helpful and friendly and overall it is a fantastic place to stay in Siem Reap.

The only negative I can think of is that at night the road is badly lit and as a female I would not want to walk down that road to get back to the hotel, however a tuk tuk from Pub Street was only $2 so affordable!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much MADAMA for your valued time to wrote to TripAdvisor about our Resort, and I am sorry for any inconvenience to you about the road, I do hope the government will improve the road soon.
I expect to have a chance to see you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel was booked for us as I was travelling with a group of volunteers that had been completing the building of a school in Pursat. We had decided to go to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat. This was a much needed break (We had arrived in Cambodia on July 7) and we were looking forward to going. The Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort turned out to be an absolutely perfect little hotel to stay in. Very clean, great staff, excellent service, good food, a pool, centrally located and all the amenities you could want. Our rooms were beautifully decorated, the grounds lush with foilage and a koi pond with a little bridge, as well as a stone Ganesha and other statues. The general manager Mr. Hak was so very welcoming and made us feel special as we were greeted with a glass of juice and wet faceclothes to freshen up. I felt like I had walked into the movie Eat, Pray, Love.

I have to say a great big thank you to Mr. Hak as well as I had foolishly not checked the safe carefully before we left Siem Reap on Sunday July 21st. I had brought a second camera with me which was in a black case. I left it in the safe, checked out of our room and headed off to Pursat, some 5 and a half hours away. I wasn't able to confirm my camera's location for a few days as my luggage was at another hotel and I wouldn't be able to confirm it was missing until Tuesday, July 23rd. Our Cambodian contact called the hotel when I was able to confirm it was missing and spoke to a few people and my camera was found in the safe. Mr. Hak's driver was going to be travelling to Phnom Penh and he took my camera and dropped it off at the hotel I would be going to there. Reunited with my camera on July 26th. Thank you so very much for the incredible service. The camera means a lot to me and I should have been more careful. It was a gift from my fiance who passed away almost five years ago. Thank you again for your honesty and kindness in getting the camera back to me. I am most grateful and appreciative.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor which was just perfect. Didn't go into a second floor room al...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much MADAM for your valued time to wrote a review about our resort to TripAdvisor, I do hope to have a chance to see you gain.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

It's the fifth time that we're already coming to Cambodia because it's such a beautiful country filled with wonderful people like mister Hak (manager of sonalong village) and his staff! we stayd their already two times and love it every time...the excellent bungalows, the relaxing garden, the great swimmingpool, the perfect service, the good food, ...everything is filled with lots of love and dedication of everyone who works for the sonalong village! Thank you'll very much for our fantastic holiday...it feels always like our second home!

Room Tip: Their is a choise between a kingsize bed or a family room and groundfloor or second floor bungalow r...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Sonalong V, Manager at Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you so much again for your keep coming to Cambodia and stay with us.
I do hope to have a chance to see you again.