“Good value, great find”

Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort
Ranked #102 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Sonalong Boutique Hotel is comfortable - the rooms are a good size, with the added bonus of a balcony and chairs. The pool is nice size, with lush tropical gardens surrounding it.

We had breakfast included which was great value - the hotel is a short 10 min walk to the old market and pub street. There's even a costa coffee and blue pumpkin ice cream/juice bar just 5 mins away, just down the road in a small complex with other restaurants. Even Hard Rock Cafe is opening here! The hotel is far enough away from the bustle, but close enough to access it.

Staff all very friendly and helpful. Tours and transfers can easily be arranged - they arranged a tuk tuk to Angkor wat and surrounding temples for half day for $20 (5.30 entry to Angkor wat), which was well worth it - and only 15 mins from the temples.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sonalong V, Manager at Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much SIR for your valued time to wrote a review about our resort to TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Was a wonderful experience. Everyone is very hospitable, the manager as well as the staffs. Could literally plan my holiday with no hick ups til the end. Thank u for making our holiday a memorable one..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much LADY and your family for your valued time to wrote a review about our resort to TripAdvisor. this is our duty to make customers have a good time while they stay with us in our resort.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Easily one of the best places I've ever stayed at. Exceptional customer care. Great location in a quiet st. Close to everything. Great pool. Relaxing gardens. Knowledgable and proficient staff. The room was beautiful, so relaxing. Thanks heaps. Lisa and Sam. Australia.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Snappa101

Thank you so much MADAM and SIR for your valued time to wrote a review about our resort to TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a lovely stay at Sonalong. The rooms were clean , comfortable and spacious with with large verandas. The food very nice and staff were learning and helpful . The pool area and gardens were gorgeous.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Belh20142014
Sonalong V, Manager at Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you so much SIR and MAMDA for your valued time to wrote a review about our resort to TripAdvisor.
It is very important to improve our local business near the future and I do hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Sonalong with friends . Our welcome on arrival set the scene for ou 4 day stay..friendly, welcoming and efficient. This hotel is beautiful . Rooms are set in lush gardens with a nice pool area. The staff were extremely helpful and could not do enough for us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much SIR and MAMDA for your valued time to wrote a review about our resort to TriI do hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was with a party of 8 people 2 couples and 4 singles. It was a great place to end a 3 week visit with the party, we had a ball here, rooms were great my wife and I had a ground floor unit 104, had everything that we required, our guide encouraged us to do touring early morning, as the heat was very hot in the afternoon. The Pool was a haven to all of us in the afternoons, drinks, massages, etc. by the pool great. We all used the tuck- tusks into the centre and only charged $3.00 for 4 Cheap. All the staff were amazing, I was sorry that we had to leave this Resort,
I know what it takes to run a Resort as I own one myself this one is a full 5 Star property
Thanks again
I Swale

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

I do hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The place was quite nice and clean; the room I had was big, and I even had a porch. I like that it's tucked away from the busy downtown area, but close enough that you can just walk over. I just hope that the management will give people a choice if they can reuse their towels or not. I find it wasteful to have towels washed everyday. The staff wasn't so great. I got food-poisoning my first evening there (NOT the hotel restaurant) so after a sleepless night, I forced myself to get up the following morning to get myself some oral rehydration salts and crackers. The hotel's tuk-tuk driver charged me $4 for going to the pharmacy and the supermarket downtown (the going rate for tuk-tuk to the airport is $7). He didn't even have to wait for more than 5 minutes each place but I was feeling so horrible that morning that I just paid up and didn't complain. Also, the housekeeping ladies left the towels on top of my garbage bin after they cleaned; they must've forgotten it because I was in the room while they were cleaning. Finally, the guy who got me the tuk-tuk to the airport misunderstood me when I said I don't mind waiting for 8 PM to be on my way; he insisted that it's only 15 minutes earlier so maybe I should go. I suppose he didn't understand how unpleasant it is waiting at an airport. He also didn't help me carry my luggage to the tuk-tuk; which would've been fine if I wasn't sick. I hope the staff will be a bit more helpful to sick guests; I understand they may not have them often but they should still be prepared to help nonetheless.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Sonalong V, Manager at Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for your valued time Reene and I am so sorry after I see your review as I am not here, but I have double check with the Tuk Tuk driver from my hotel to the airport is free ( no charge $ 7 as you wrote ), but to go to town and pharmacy and Super Market, I think $4 is fair price, but the problem is you are a lone on the Tuk Tuk ( maximum Tuk Tuk can seat 1-4 people and the same price as you paid ), Normally we are very take care for all the guests, especially, the guests who are sicked like you, even we are not the doctor, but we will do, what we can do.
I do hope to see you next time and have a pleasant stay with me.