First the good things:
The hotel´s common areas are well-appointed and attractively decorated, the rooms are very clean and nicely furnished. The pool area is small, but the room balconies over the water are a nice touch. The management is interested in their guests and trying to make things work. They do take a personal interest.
The less good things:
1.The rooms are divided up in a sort of dysfunctional way. The decision to have a traditional shower room (which takes lots of room and also provides a channel for noise) along with a regular bath and shower, toilet room and then have the small sink in the middle of the room is kind of strange. No place to put cosmetics. Sofas in room leave little open space, so things seem cramped.
2.The regular staff do not speak English as well as at other local hotels and generally seem a bit overwhelmed.
3. The shades in the room provide privacy during the day (can look out, but not in), but not at night. Then one has to close curtains! The closeness makes the poolside rooms seem to lack privacy.
4.The biggest drawback of the hotel is its location. It is quite far down the airport road out of town. Unfortunately its remoteness does not translate into a beautiful large quiet garden setting.
Tuktuks will take you into town (only 10-15 minutes), but if you use the hotel tuktuk this requires planning both for down and back. No spontaneity. It is easier to spend the $4 to get your own tuktuk - at least back. It seems that the hotel is geared to guests who come for a couple of days, take a tour of Angkor Wat, sit at the pool and eat at the hotel, use its spa, etc. Maybe go once for a couple of hours into town to the market. If you don´t want to have the center of your vacation be your hotel, this may not be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Cambodia's ancient wonders in unparalleled comfort with Anantara's all suites luxury experience. From complimentary airport transfers and delightful culinary amenities to the undivided attention of your discrete but attentive personal butler, no detail has been overlooked. Customise your journey with an all-inclusive Discovery Package including à la carte dining options, daily activities and temple pass, or select an indulgent Wellness Package focusing on refreshing treatments to have you looking and feeling your best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Angkor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Sothea Hotel Siem Reap