“Great Hotel - my home in Siem Reap”

Anantara Angkor Resort
Ranked #29 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a great hotel, not just their facilities, but most important is their staff. They are friendly and helpful, smart and warmth, including cold towel when you are back from your tour. Location is good as it avoid crowd from pub street, and also have a very quiet environment so that it can provide a very relaxing place for me who are from the large city. Also, thanks for a guy ( I forgot to ask his name) who took my order of room service and sent them to my room. He is nice and warmth. Anyway, I love this hotel and look forward to stay there again as this hotel makes very guest feel like they are being treated like VIP.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Chum Reap Sou!

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa. Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience here on Trip Advisor.

We are of course very proud of our lovely resort but most important of all are our resort team and I would like to thank you for your special recognition of our associates and the warmth, personalized service we provided during your stay with us

Indeed, our location is ideal, providing a relaxed environment after a day exploring this wonderful city yet a few minutes ride away should you wish to immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of pub street and the old market

Warm wishes from the resort team and I. Please feel free to contact me directly for future planned visit and indeed should any of your friends/colleagues wish to visit this lovely destination

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We just recently stayed in the Anantara Angkor Resort and Spa for our honeymoon. From the moment we arrived to the hotel we were welcomed by Sokrit the friendliest concierge ever and the elegance and warmth of Ms. Olivia Hsu, Guest Relations Manager. They greated us with cocktails and beautiful lotus flowers. They already knew we were in our honeymoon so they suggested plans for our type of trip and sent a bottle of champagne and chocolates to our room. The rooms are elegantly furnished with a mix of modern amenities and local decor and they all face the ever so relaxing pool.
The most amazing thing was that they set up a romantic private dinner for the two of us in the courtyard surrounded by petals and candles. Our concierge Sokrit left the cutest farewell note that we kept and brought back home. The personalized attention from the entire staff of Anantara made our stay in Siem Reap unforgettable. I would gladly recommend the Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Chum Reap Sou!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with Anantara Angkor Resort & spa and for taking the time to share your exceptional experience with us.

Congratulations on your special day and I am pleased that we were able to make your honeymoon a memorable experience. Your special mention of Olivia and Sokrit is most appreciated and your overall experience will be shared with the team.

We take pride in providing personalized experience and the little details that matters. Our resort is unique in Siem Reap, well located in a tranquil setting away form the hustle and bustle yet a few minutes ride in our lovely remorks (tuk-tuks)

Please do recommend our resort and feel free to contact me directly for future assistance when planning a visit to Siem Reap

Reviewed 18 March 2014

A few minutes from the airport and just off the main airport road is this oasis of peace and calm. It is a small boutique style hotel without any of the tour busses and crowds. We arrived late morning were shown directly to our room. Check-in was done in the room accompanied by welcome drinks and refreshing jasmine scented cold towels. There was even a towel elephant on the bed!!! The staff were friendly, efficient and accommodating. The room, a little tired in some corners was spacious and cool with a bath, separate shower and an outdoor Cambodian bath.The whole place is full of water falls and the sound of flowing water adding to the tranquility and peacefulness.
The salt water pool is refreshing and the food served around the pool excellent. You get a complientary cold bottle of water brought whenever you are by the pool. We ordered some salads for lunch which were very reasonably priced and tasted amazing. The complimentary fruit skewers and the smiling service just added to the experience.
We indulged in two afternoons of spa treatments and both were great and relaxing. The prices are higher than in town, but well worth the money.
Complimentary tuk-tuk's take you into Siem Reap town...a 15 minute ride away. You can either arrange for them to come get you when you are done or call to arrange a pick up later. A nice touch.
Breakfast was great wtih a continental buffet and a la carte hot dishes ranging from excellent international breakfasts like eggs benedict to local soups and noodles. The fresh juices were cool and delicious. Staff friendly though a bit slow...only two.
Each time we came back from a hot visit to the temples, we were greeted with lovely cold refreshing Jasmine scented towels...a lovely touch.
The staff were excellent and helpful with suggestions for dinner and making arrangements. Nothing was too much touble. The guest services especially were great as was the lovely lady who looked after the service around the pool.
We didn't get to meet the general manager as many others did but it did not detract from the excellent service given by the rest of his team.
Couple of small gripes. I did write to the hotel before our trip to ask for a quiet room away from the Korean structure next door. We were given a room right beside reception backing onto the Korean restaurant/dinning hall and some afternoons you could hear was the washing of plates,clinking of glass and some chatter. It was not too obtrusive but felt a room further away or on the other side may have been a bit quieter plus the fact that I did take the trouble to write in before hand. The room curtains were heavy affairs and a couple of hooks were off leaving gaps which let in the light.
All in all, it was am amazing experience and really made our first visit to Siem Reap memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Korean restaurant. Take mosquito spray and repellant!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Chum Reap Sou!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our tranquil retreat here in the Kingdom of Wonders.

I am pleased that the resort team made your stay an exceptional one and that you enjoyed what makes our resort different, the personalized touch and tranquility it offers away from the "hustle and bustle". thank you for your comment too on our breakfast offering and this being the most important of our meal offering, I am pleased that you enjoyed the quality and variety.

I note your feedback on the room and indeed we offer one of the more spacious accommodation in town, designed with Khmer influence and architecture. As part of our regular upkeep of our facilities, we will ensure that areas are maintained and prioritize those that needs attention. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your room allocation request and something that I have discussed further with our team.

Our resort team will be most appreciative to receive your recognition, the poolside attendant, the guest services and housekeeping team and indeed the food and beverage and culinary team too.

I am very sorry that I was not able to meet you personally during your stay. Should you or your colleagues/friends/family have any plans for future visit to Siem Reap, please do contact me directly for assistance

Once again, thank you for your lovely feedback

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Feeling welcome with our 2 kids... A personal welcome by the General manager was very nice. This is a perfect hotel to visit Siem Reap and the food was delicious. Madame Olivia makes the guests feel at home!
Greetz to you all

Ps.Many thnx for the fantastic celebration of my sons birthday

• Stayed: March 2014
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Chum Reap Sou!

Warm greetings from Angkor Resort & Spa.

Thank you for lovely comments of our resort and more importantly of our associates, it was a real pleasure to host you and your family during your recent visit.

I am pleased that you had a very good visit here in Siem Reap and our resort team will be delighted to received your feedback. I am glad that we contributed to you son's special celebration

Please feel free to contact me for future visits and indeed for any recommendations with colleagues/families and friends.

On behalf of the resort team, thank you once again

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Right from the time we arrived at the hotel we felt the warmth and friendliness of all the staff members. The hotel itself is warm and welcoming both in its construction and the in room decor. Elegantly furnished and complete with modern amenities the rooms all face the pool and I enjoyed sitting in my porch and just taking in the warmth of the morning sun everyday. The pool is lovely and the restaurant serves flavorful food. One will have to explain clearly what you want at the restaurant as the staff at the restaurant is not fluent in English. The people at the front desk had great recommendations for restaurants and shopping. One suggestion I had perhaps was that the closets could have more shelves. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! It is truly the people that make the place.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are a better choice than the ground floor rooms. The hotel is a 5 minute tuk t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Chum Reap Sou!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa here on Trip Advisor and for making us your choice of stay here in this wonderful destination.

Indeed, we are very proud of our lovely resort, the spacious, elegantly designed rooms and the facilities overall. The most welcoming aspect is your recognition of our associates and the hospitality our team provided during your stay. Our associates indeed are our biggest asset and thank you for your feedback. All comments received are shared with the team and your feedback will give us further encouragement to keep striving for more.

We aim to provide a unique and a personalised experience one to our guest, whether that be through the shopping recommendation or options to dine out or tour of the city.

On behalf of the team here at Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa, we wish you well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for future assistance

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had an incredible time, everything was taken care of. We have a seven year old boy and everyone went out of there way to include and involve him in everything. One night we met the chef and he organised a trip with him to the markets which was truly special. He then created a degustation meal that was based on our conversations at the market. The team took things a step further and organised a musician to play music for us based on observing our son play the instrument in reception.
The rooms are spacious, clean and nicely furnished. I found the pool a good size. The team at the hotel go out of their way to ensure things are going well. They organised guides, cars, restaurants and all were of the highest standard.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Chum Reap Sou!

Thank you for sharing your exceptional experience here at Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa.

I am really pleased to read your review and in particular the care and attention our team provided during your stay specially as you were traveling with your young one.

Our Chef Englay is very passionate with his food and our Khmer culinary journey activity is certainly an experience highly recommended.

Thank you for your comment on the rest of the hotel facilities and indeed our spacious and luxurious rooms are one of the largest living space in the city in which to relax and unwind in.

On behalf of the resort team, your recognition is most appreciated and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa. Should your future plans take you back here in Siem Reap, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My strongest memory of my experience and stay at Anantara is of the staff. In particular, the staff at breakfast were so kind and friendly to me and my mother. We looked forward to breakfast each morning for that fact. Also, one specific front desk staff member (whose name unfortunately slips my memory), was particularly helpful in orchestrating a surprise birthday cake for my mother. She planned it perfectly.

Much has already been described in other guests' reviews here so I will try not to be redundant. We were very pleased with the room, especially the comfortable beds and the over-sized bath. The sink area did not provide enough room to place toiletries for one person, let alone two. The expansive windows provided good sunlight and a nice view. If you want privacy, just pull down the shades and draw the curtains. We were able to watch the finals of the Australian Open in the comfort of our room, but if you didn't like what was on the tube and wanted your own choice, you could order a DVD or pop one of your own into the DVD player. Again, the housekeeping staff was very gracious in providing extra water, mosquito spray and anything else we needed.

Now, some of the downsides. In this case I will be redundant about the location...it is a bit removed. For some who want to be away from the hustle-and-bustle, this location is perfect. I prefer to be closer to the attractions, so not having my own transportation and having to arrange or find a tuk-tuk was at times a hassle. Also, the entrance to the hotel is a bit hard to see and find off of Hwy 6. Our driver didn't know where to go when we first arrived. Having so much water around the resort was calming and soothing, except for the fact that they attracted so many mosquitoes. The staff does a good job of fumigation and such, but you can never get rid of all of those pesky buggers. Having citronella candles in the room or other ways to ward off mosquitoes would have been appreciated.

All in all, our stay at Anantara was very pleasant. It's clearly set up as an oasis and should be marketed that way. Thanks once again to the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Chum Reap Sou!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa here on Trip Advisor.

In particular, your recognition of our associates with special mention of our breakfast team is most welcome and will be shared with the team

Our biggest asset is indeed our associates.

I note your other valuable feedback and will work with the team on addressing the practicalities

Should you or any of your family member/colleagues have future plans to visit Siem Reap, please do contact me directly for any assistance required

On behalf of the team here, thank you for choosing our tranquil retreat Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa