“City oasis”

Ranked #30 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Sydney, Australia
“City oasis”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is the third time we have stayed at an Anantara hotel and we enjoyed every moment! Consistent with other hotels in this group, we thoroughly enjoyed every moment in this well designed, luxurious and unique property. The absolute stand out was however the friendliness and professionalism of all the staff. Nothing is too much trouble and from the moment you arrive it is clear they are dedicated to ensuring you enjoy your stay.

You can see Siem Reap in a few days, but this is a great place to spend a few more days really relaxing and enjoying the full spectrum of local attractions at a mor leisurely pace.

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony or pool deck are the pick.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2014

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa

Thank you for choosing to stay once again at an Anantara resort and for choosing Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa here in Siem Reap

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our elegant, luxurious facilities in the resort and able to enjoy your trip to the Kingdom of Wonder

Ob hehalf of the team, thank you for recognizing our service and the team's exceptional hospitality. Our people are our biggest asset and your comments are warmly received

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience

Socrates Alvaro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just minutes from the airport, this hotel, although not considered a 5 star, had all the amenities you could want. A spa, pool, beautiful rooms, bar and great restaurant. Only spend 2 nights here, but was impressed by the warmth, friendliness and helpfulness of the entire staff. This was my last stop before returning to USA, so indulged in a deep tissue massage and facial.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our resort here on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our facilities, the tranquil setting of our resort and our spa treatment and facilities

Most importantly, it is very heartening to read such lovely feedback on the warm hospitality our resort team provided. Your comments will be shared with our team and would be appreciated by all

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nice hotel and excellent service. Rooms clean bright and comfortable. Staff could not do enough to take care of your every need. Massage a bit disappointing.
Food was excellent especially dinner. Person driver to take you into town and pick you up is a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee V
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 21 May 2014

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa

Thank you for your most valuable comment on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, our lovely rooms and facilities and most importantly the hospitality provided by our team.

I do note your comment on your spa experience and though it is normally one of our best service and facility in the resort, I will review with the team as how to improve the treatment you were provided on this occasion. This feedback is most helpful for us to keep getting better

Thank you once again and for choosing our resort here in Siem Reap. Please do contact for future assistance with reservations. Should you have any colleagues or friends planning a visit to this destination, please do provide my contact

Malaysia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel has most of the little comforts and luxuries associated with the Anantara brand. The staff are very courteous and we had a very warm welscome from the General Manager and Olivia. The breakfast was very good and the dining room bright and inviting. It was very nice to start off the day in this way. The food in the restaurant for dinner was average though and service faltered. Apart from this, we were very happy and would return again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank peridotwinkle
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 20 May 2014

Chum Reap Sou!

Thank you for your lovely feedback of our resort. The team and I are delighted that we are able to deliver your expectation of the Anantara brand and make your visit to Siem Reap a memorable one.

I note your comment on the dinner experience and It is as area that we will definitely do better in particularly with our new Executive Chef on board, our dining experience will be redefined and offer a new culinary journey altogether

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and please do contact me directly for future assistance

From all of us here at Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A wonderful and memorable experience from beginning to end. A shame I was only able to stay one night after a business trip to Phnom Penh. Customer service was exceptional. Staff were friendly and helpful. As I was arriving early in the morning I didn't expect my room to be ready. But I was picked up at the airport, taken to my room for an express check in and was then able to head out for a one day tour of the temples. I also did the early morning tour the next day. Khmer massage was perhaps the best massage I have ever had. Bliss. Breakfast was lovely. I didn't dine in the restaurant but the staff recommended a lovely place in town.
Car service was a treat with cold towels and drinks after each temple visit - a welcome relief in the extreme heat. My guide was not very good but he was from an external service (no fault of the resort) so make sure you ask for somone experienced when you are booking.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I had a late flight and was offered the spa area to change and shower etc before my flight. But because the hotel was not busy the staff allowed me to stay in the room until later in the day so I did not have to move everything.
Not in a central location but the free shuttle service is great and very accommodating.
A fabulous oasis and I would go back tomorrow if I could.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank flemmacs
Dear Guests,

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa. Thank you for taking the time to share your exceptional experience of our resort.

I appreciate you were only here for a brief stay but I am delighted that we managed to make your stay a memorable one and that you managed to experience the various facilities and service of the resort. Our Spa is one of our est facilities and the team will be delighted to receive your feedback. I note your comment on the tour guide and will certainly share this with our service provider.

Thank you for recognizing our associate's hospitality and I do hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you for a longer stay. Please do contact me directly for assistance

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I spent 2 nights in this wonderful resort. Customer service was exceptional, staff are amazingly friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Having said that, there is no need to book a deluxe room as the only difference with a standard room is a supposedly outdoor shower. In fact, the shower is covered by a transparent roof and we did feel outside and ended up not using the shower.
Besides this minor point, everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Avoid deluxe room as you will pay for a useless outdoor shower which is actually covered by a roof.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful feedback here on Trip Advisor

I am delighted that we contributed to a memorable experience of your visit to Siem Reap.

Your comments will be shared with our team and they will take a lot of encouragement reading your exceptional experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We actually stayed here last May, but we couldn't find the details of this place on TripAdvisor at that point, and we still couldn't this time so we thought we'd get the ball rolling!
You have to stay here! It's perfect. We had a suite which came with it's own butler. It has a large saltwater pool - (which I managed to drop my iPhone in), a number of spa treatments, it's own rickshaw driver at no extra cost to run you into town (you must go to Pub Street, but beware young children trying to make you buy baby milk - which they then hand to their father around the back, who no doubt runs off to sell to locals and make a quick buck, who then tries to grab you the next day and realises that they saw you yesterday and then suddenly lose all memory of their rather fluent English... I'll shut up now).
The rooms were awesome, incredibly spacious and very private. The food, in particular breakfast was perfect. We were met at the airport and transferred in a wonderful car, nothing was too much effort. They offer a heap of activities and trips. They arranged our trip to the very nearby Angkor Wat Temples (mind blowing by the way) which came with a guide and air conditioned vehicle. My partner arranged for breakfast at the top of Phnom Krom Hill which included seeing the sun rise, a blessing from a monk at the temple, silver service, chef, waiter - without doubt one of the most romantic and memorable breakfasts I've ever had. We had a private dinner in the courtyard which is surrounded by water and has it's own waiter. I could go on, and I would love to, but for fear of boring you - I simply urge you to go. You will not regret it. Cambodia is beautiful, but the Sothea made the trip. Very few places are perfect and without flaw - but this place truly is. Thank you Sothea for raising the bar and for giving me memories which I will cherish for the rest of my life x

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frybert
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and for sharing your exceptional experience of Siem Reap and our resort.

We believe our accommodation are special and exceptional, spacious and elegant and I am pleased that you enjoyed them.

Most importantly, the service takes priority and I am very happy that the resort team were able to take care of your stay to make it a memorable one. Siem Reap is truly Kingdom of Wonder and I am pleased that the team here contributed to your memorable stay

Please feel free to contact me directly for any plans of return visit