“A wonderful experience”

Ranked #20 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Adelaide, Australia
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was our first trip to Cambodia and this hotel and its staff made the whole trip exceptionally enjoyable. The service at this hotel was impeccable from start to finish.

The hotel arranged for a return airport pick-up and drop-off service. From the moment we met our butler and driver, we were greeted with cold towels, a refreshing drink, and a friendly and informative introduction to Siem Reap.

At the hotel, we were received by Peter, the operations manager. Peter made us feel ever welcome and comfortable at the resort and catered to our every need during our time there. He made it a priority to ensure that we were prepared for our day ahead. Be it by giving us advice of places to eat or providing us with a guest phone for us to call the resort. It was always comforting to know that we were taken care of during our stay at the resort.

As for the rest of the staff, we could not be any more pleased with the level of quality and dedication to service that the staff at the resort possessed. Everyone we encountered greeted us with a warm smile and any issues we encountered were immediately taken care of. I have never experienced such amazing service.

Housekeeping was excellent. Every evening, we would arrive back at the room with clean sheets and towels that made us immediately forget our exhaustion from touring. We would always find a greeting card and gift which made the stay all the more personal. The hotel's nightly bed turn-down service was also a pleasant surprise.

Breakfast consisted of a small buffet table consisting of breads, cheeses, fruits and juices. This was complemented with an a-la-carte breakfast menu with both international and local offerings. The highlight of breakfast was the Noodle Soup and the Fried Noodles. My partner and I both had a second helping each on our last day.

Although the resort is slightly further away from the city as compared to other accommodations, this was hardly a problem as the resort offers free shuttle services to and from the city by tuk tuk or car. This was certainly the highlight of our trip. The tuk tuk drivers were ever ready to pick us up at a moments notice no matter what the time of day was. They made it their top priority to see that we got to our destination and made sure we had some way of finding a way back to the resort. Even if this meant calling them at unusual hours of the night. Meeting such dedicated individuals was already an experience in itself and I'm so glad to have been able to meet and interact with them.

All in all, we are so happy with our decision to stay at this resort and will do so again in a heartbeat!

1 Thank Geraldine T
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014

Chum Reap Sou

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience here at Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa. I am delighted to read your feedback and the exceptional service that our team provided.

I am pleased that we were able to contribute to your memorable holiday and that you experienced the Anantara spirit of hospitality.

Our team will be very proud to read your comments and highly appreciate your recognition of the team, from the welcome and indeed throughout your stay

Should your future journeys ever take you back here or you have any colleagues or friends visiting, please feel free to contact me and it will be my pleasure to assist

Socrates Alvaro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent Resort. Beautiful rooms.. Service was Superb, amazinggggggg... The staff is so warm and attentive. They remember all the guests by their first name and greet u wenever u come across them. Also the chef is so friendly and kind. We were 6 of us, and we had told them in advance that we are PURE-VEGETARIAN- JAINS so when we reached there, he came upto us and surprisingly, he had his homework so well that he knew everything abt wat we eat and do not eat. He even went to the extent of giving us some suggestions abt which restaurants wld give us food as per our requirements and wat he can offer. The Manager Mr. Peter, is from India- goa only. So even he suggested us wat to do and how to roam abt here. The resort has rooms on the groud floor with water balcony, as in a little water body which is attached to the balcony. it has 2 mattresses and a table, so u can sit with ur legs sub-merged in water. u can have food there. We stayed there for 2 nights. The staff was so nice and friendly that on the 1st day they had given us rooms on 1st floor, but when we requested to give us those rooms with water balcony on the ground floor, they didn't hesitate at all. As there were a few rooms available, we shifted down on the next day. The weather was also so beautiful, that it gave us more reasonto enjoy the hotel facilities like the swimming pool. Since not many guests were there as we had gone in Off season, we cld have the whole pool to ourselves and plus it rained also at the same time.... Also they have free tuk-tuk rides incase if we want to go somewhere. Also its very nearby from the Airport. hardly 10-15 min.

Room Tip: U shld prefer the rooms on the ground floor with water-balcony... they are the best....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

Your recognition of our outstanding and memorable service experience is highly appreciated and on that the resort team will be proud of.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the facilities that the resort has to offer, the refreshing salt water pool and our elegant and spacious rooms.

We do receive specific dietary requirements during guests stay and I am pleased that our Chef were able to exceed your expectations

Your comments will be shared with the team and thank you once again for taking your time and for choosing Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our first trip to Siem Reap. We were greeted by the hotel driver at Siem Reap Airport with welcome drinks and cold towels in the car. Something unexpected compared to other 5 or 6 star hotels that we have stayed before.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel lobby, we were greeted by the Operations Manager, Peter and the Reception staffs. The warm greetings and friendliness has made us feel very much welcome. Anantara is a very service-oriented Resort and we are happy that we have chosen the right hotel. What made the hotel exceptional is that they provide even sunglasses and hand phone when we go for tour/shopping etc. Cold drinks and towels were also been prepared in the tuk tuk. Whats more can we ask, tuk tuk rides are complimentary throughout our stay for 5D/4N. Compared to other hotels, the guests have to walk out to get a tuk tuk on their own.

Hotel room design is very nice with a small pool at the balcony and the big pool is just right in front your balcony. You can laze around at the balcony in your bikini. Room is very clean and has a perfect bath tub. Turn down service is good.
Staffs all are well-trained, courteous and friendly.
Absolutely an amazing hotel that one can never miss!

Mr & Mrs Koh
Malaysia

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Koh,

Chum Reap Sou!

Warm greetings

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

The resort team and I are delighted to received such lovely comments.

I am pleased that your received such first impression with our welcome service and the personalized care extended during your stay with us. We take great pride in our guests experiencing the warmth of the Khmer Hospitality and pleased overall that you appreciated the beautiful and elegant facilities of Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa

Thank you for recognizing our associates and If I could be of further assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me personally

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was our first trip to Siem Reap. The temples, in particular Angkor Wat, blew us away. Such an amazing place, wish I had not waited so long to visit Siem Reap. As for the hotel, I chose Anantara after reading a number of reviews. So glad I did! From the start, the staff made us feel very welcome, they were very attentive and it was clear to us that they not only wanted us to enjoy the hotel, but they wanted to help us make the most of our 4 nights stay in Siem Reap. So with their suggestions and local knowledge, we got to experience a lot during our stay; from watching sunrise at Angkor Wat to visiting the local market. We spent most nights in Pub Street as it gave us plenty of restaurants to choose from. Before booking this hotel, I had read reviewers not being entirely happy that Pub Street isnt next to the hotel, however, I actually appreciated the hotel being away from the crowded Pub Street and it’s only several minutes journey by tuk tuk, no biggy. I loved coming back to the hotel in the afternoon after the maddening crowd of the temples and just lazing by the pool. We had a room overlooking the pool, on the ground floor, it was elegant and really cant fault it. I highly recommend this hotel for it’s location, it’s size, but more than anything else the attention and personalised service the staff and management gives their guest. Cant ask for more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

The team and I are delighted to read your exceptional stay experience in Siem Reap and here in the resort.

Indeed. our location is unique in that you are close enough to the hustle and bustle of Pub street with our complimentary tuk tuk yet far away enough to relax particularly after a day of touring.

Our elegant and spacious rooms are indeed exceptional and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and most of all, the service and Khmer hospitality delivered by our team.

Thank you once again and please feel free to contact me directly for assistance on future visits to Siem Reap

Mexico City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I did expect flawless service, impeccable food (it was disgusting at two different occasions) and staff that can understand my requests (some lost luggage papers from the airline weren't returned to me as clearly requested to the staff - they eventually appeared after complaining). We also had issues with housekeeping - the first day it was our fault since we didn't push the request button on the control board, the second day we pushed the button at 4am and went to Angkor Wat and were quite disappointed to see the room wasn't made when we came back around noon for a quick rest. In any case, if it wasn't for the Anantara name I don't think this hotel would make it as a 5* resort and shouldn't command 200-300$ a night price, especially in a country where the average salary is 1$ a day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank vincebilodeau
Dear Guests,

Warm greetings from Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of stay with us and I regret to learn of your disappointing stay with us.

Whilst I know that we normally delivery a much better service, clearly on this occasion we fell short of our usual level of hospitality. I would be much obliged to received detailed feedback on your dining experience

Once again thank you for giving your feedback and my apologies.

Should your journey take you back to Siem Reap, I would be grateful for an opportunity to assist personally with your stay and to have an opportunity to show our usual level of hospitality and to create a better impression and experiene

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Overall, I was disappointed with my stay at Anantara. It promised a lot, but failed to deliver in some significant respects. It wasn't all bad. The hotel itself is beautiful, the welcome mocktail was delicious and the free tuk tuk rides into town and back were appreciated. The biggest issue we had (which really overshadowed our stay) was with the hotel staff trying way too hard (and way too often) to sell us their overpriced services (for example a US $35 transfer from the airport, when the taxi cost around $5) but not delivering on the basics (such as providing room service menus and taking the leftovers from breakfast when making up the room). Would I go back there? Maybe, but given the price I think I will try somewhere else next time.

5 Thank Daniel G

Chum Reap Sou

Thank you for your most valuable feedback on your recent stay.

I am very sorry that we were not able to deliver and meet your expectations

I note your comments on the issues you experienced and will address this to do better. Regarding the pricing, I understand the cost of our transfer is significantly more than what is provided at the airport. We will not be able to compete in all honesty with these rates though from personal experience and feedback from our guests, our vehicles will ensure you arrive at the hotel comfortably, with representatives meeting you at the airport and avoid an inconvenient journey.

I will work with my team to improve on the shortcomings highlighted. Should you do plan on a return to Siem Reap, I would kindly request the opportunity to assist personally and would hope to be able to welcome you back for you to have an exceptional stay and more reflective of our hospitality

Once again, your feedback is much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to share your experience

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

From arrival and introduction to the hotel by Peter, to the chat with Olivia about the local area and things to see to the welcome from the GM Socrates, to the attention form all the staff, this property is yet another gem in the Anantara portfolio.
This is my 5th Anantara vacation and they never fail to amaze and satisfy.
They pulled out all the stops on our anniversary night and made it really special.
The property is tastefully decorated, rooms are comfortable and good for a 5/6 day stay. If you want to stay for longer you will probably run out of drawer space though!
The food is exceptional. The attention from the Executive Chef Jeremy was genuine and warm.
I’d recommend Anantara Angkor in a heartbeat to anyone travelling to Siem Reap. Only 15 minutes from the Temples and 10 minutes form the airport.
The only thing we found wrong on the last day was the skin wasn’t peeled off the salami… (Jeremy)! Now that really was me looking for something wrong!!
Well done Socrates and the team. Top Marks 10/10

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marcoalza
Socrates_Alvaro, General Manager at Anantara Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

Chum Reap Sou!

Thank you for your warm and generous feedback on trip Advisor.

It was our pleasure to welcome you at Anantara Angkor Resort & spa and that we were able to maintain your expectation of Anantara Hotels & Resorts.

I am really pleased that the team were all able to contribute to your exceptional stay with us

Indeed, I note your disappointment and have spoken to our Chef for having placed a blemish with the salami on the last day

Aside from this, I am proud that we were able to ensure a high level of personal care and attention to our guests was extended

Please fell free to contact me directly for any friends/family wishing to visit our lovely destination and indeed our resort. It will be my pleasure to personally assist with their requirements