Central Boutique Angkor Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Parklane Hotel(Siem Reap)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewspub streettuk tuknight marketan oasisquiet locationtriple roomswimming poolbuffet breakfastcentre of siem reapreception areathree nightscool downfamily roomthe air conditioningloved this hotelnoodlesgreat pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was looking for a hotel comfortable walking distance to town with a swimming pool. If you want to walk, it will not be a pleasant walk along the dirt road and vehicles zooming around and with tuk tuk drivers harassing you for business along the way. The unpleasant walk would have taken 10-15 mins, not 5 mins like what some less than honest reviewers said. Tuk tuk driver needed for ride to town, as the walk is impossible as explained above. Breakfast is the same every morning, not much variety. I only like the mangoes. No bacon.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Daisypond
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I, along with 2 friends, stayed here in March 2012 after reading tripadvisor and guidebook reviews and we were not disappointed. On our arrival at the airport the hotel's driver was waiting for us to help with our luggage and the transfer into the city. Once at the hotel we were checked-in promptly, and when it was realized that one of the rooms was the wrong bed layout the staff immediately solved the issue and moved our friends into the king-bed room requested. The rooms were spotless, the beds comfortable, and the amenities were excellent for the low $40USD price.
Breakfast each day had lots of options, including early take-away service if you want to go to the temples before dawn. Coming back to the hotel in the heat of the day was an absolute treat - the two pools meant there was always room for us to have deck chairs for 4 and the pool area was clean and the gardens well taken care of. We had lunch at the restaurant a few times as well as afternoon drinks and always received friendly and prompt service, as well as good quality and tasty food.
The staff was accommodating and able to help us out with any request we made.
For the value of this hotel you can't go wrong. I have been in Siem Reap two times previously, once in a guesthouse and the other time in a higher end boutique hotel (4x the price), and I will absolutely recommend Central Boutique Angkor Hotel to anyone travelling to the area.

Room Tip: Be sure to confirm the bed layout if booking directly with the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

A friend recommended this hotel. Good choice. Quiet location while being in walking distance from city center. Otherwise a short tuk-tuk ride away is sufficient. Good breakfast but same everyday may make it boring after day 2. friendly local staff.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 18 March 2012

You know how it is ... you have to book into a hotel at the last minute and you're not too sure if you've done the right thing. Well I certainly did do the right thing when I booked in here. The first thing that attracted me were the rates, then I looked at the photos and wondered if it really did look that good, you're always a little wary about these things especially when travelling alone, but I was not disappointed. When I arrived at Siem Reap Airport, the hotel driver was there waiting despite my flight being 2 hrs late. He was friendly and drove me to the hotel, I was a bit worried when I saw the small dirt track alley that we drove up in the dark, but was very pleasantly surprised by what greeted me. Friendly and professional staff who showed me to a very comfortable, clean and secure room (rm 201) that overlooked a picturesque pool and garden. The room was air-conditioned and had a minibar (so cheap too), a safe and a flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean and well presented. In the morning the breakfast buffet was fine, with a reasonable range of available foods. When I next visit Siem Reap I will definitely stay here again, as it is also very close to the markets and shopping areas.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank biskitabroad
Reviewed 14 March 2012

this 3 star resort hotel is still the best value in central Siem Reap,being only 150 meters from the main street,angkor and lucky supermarkets and phone shops where an unlocked nokia can be bought for $19 !! The big improvement is that it now has 2 swimming pools allowing for more poolside rooms ($40 incl a buffett breakfast.Same high standard of service that has made this place a Siem Reap icon
two excellent places tp eat (when you get tired of the noise and doutful hygiene of pub st) are Viroths at 240 wat bo st and the angkor village apsara show also close by. Viroths is decidly upmarket ((expect $25 without drinks) but for your "special" night it is sublime with service to match.It closes at 10pmt The pumpkin soup is to die for!..The apsara show and dinner at Angkor Village (booking essential as it is a small venue) $25 is well above the average "tourist" venue who charge $16..The food alone is worth the cost and the silk costumes are a photographers delight,and then there is the professional dancing...Food is served on low tables from 7.30 pm and the show starts at 8pm with a beautiful booklet as a souvineer in several languages..

Room Tip: a poolside room enhanses your stay
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo