People make a place and the staff at Angkor Spirit Palace hotel couldn't have been more delightful. I don't think Mr. Sochea, the manager, ever slept. He certainly always seemed to be there, smiling, no matter what happened (a power outage one evening for example). The sweet, kind breakfast staff couldn't do enough for you. I arrived with my ipad and the attendant rushed to find an extra chair so I didn't have to clutter the table while I was eating. Everyone spoke a bit of English and even if they didn't, they so clearly just wanted to help that a little non verbal communication went a long way.
The location of this hotel is actually quite a bit outside the town of Siem Reap and that's a good thing! It made it more of an oasis and since the hotel provided tuk-tuk transport to town anytime we needed it, it was the best of both worlds. They also arranged for drivers and guides and tours as needed, very concerned for customer satisfaction. And there's a pool! A good one! Is there anything better than a swim after hours spent in awe and dust inside temples?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angkor Spirit Palace is a uniquely styled hotel featuring traditional Khmer architecture. It is close to downtown, the temples and airport. You won't be able to resist taking pictures of the building. Relax in our tropical gardens, swim in our saltwater pool and enjoy Khmer hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Angkor Spirit Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angkor Spirit Palace Hotel Siem Reap
- Angkor Spirit Palace Siem Reap