We had 7 days in Siem Reap and wanted a quiet base from which to explore. This suited us perfectly. It is about a 5min tuk tuk ride to old market and the hotel provides a free tuk tuk service. You can arrange a time for the tuk tuk driver to pick you up for your return journey (free before 10pm). We often didn't know when we would be done so we carried the hotels phone number with us and when we were ready to leave we would have someone call the hotel and explain where we were so we could be picked up. The drivers try and get you to go further than the old market because then you pay them.
The rooms: we had room 108 and it was nice, a little bit dated but nice. We didn't have a bath or safety deposit box as advised on the booking website (hotels.com) but that didn't bother us. The room was close to everything and we liked being on the bottom floor so close to the pool. The only noise problem we had was the trucks going by the hotel at 6am honking their horn.
The hotel restaurant: breakfast was a choice of set menus, there was o my one Khmer option (Khmer noodle soup) this was 2min noodles with some meat and veg. The broth was nice. The other options were western (eggs, fruit etc). My husband had dinner here one night when he wasn't feeling well and had one of the soups ($4.50). He said it was delicious, but again they didn't have many Khmer options and had a number of generic Asian dishes but again mostly western food (burgers, lasagna etc).
Service: the staff were wonderful, we arrived very early and they checked us in within an hour, it was a wedding anniversary trip for us so they decorated the hotel room with flowers and made it very special, they were able to book tour guides/cars/tuk this for us. Some of the star have better English than others but overall it was good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angkor Spirit Palace is a uniquely styled hotel featuring traditional Khmer architecture. It is close to downtown, the temples and airport. You won't be able to resist taking pictures of the building. Relax in our tropical gardens, swim in our saltwater pool and enjoy Khmer hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, HostelWorld, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angkor Spirit Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angkor Spirit Palace Hotel Siem Reap
- Angkor Spirit Palace Siem Reap