Honestly, of all the places we've stayed around the world, this place was very unique (in a good way). It is like having your own private hotel out in the Cambodian countryside (it's about 5-10 minutes outside of the city, but the hotel staff was always happy to drive you into town, free of charge, and pick you up later).
The building used to be a cultural center and has been converted into a new hotel. As a result, there are some unique attributes to the place. Many of the rooms are really huge, like 2-3 times a normal hotel room size. There is air conditioning in the rooms which works fine. You'll have a nice fruit basket on your arrival (including some local specialties like dragon fruit). They made a nice heart out of flowers on the beds as well which made the place really charming. There is also a great swimming pool which has fountains pouring water into it.
The building, even though it is not far from town, is actually out in the countryside, so it doesn't feel like your standard Marriott or something like that. Next to the hotel are cows and water buffalo and you can hear some chanting from a nearby Buddhist temple. You will definitely feel like you are in Cambodia and not in some nameless, interchangeable city or country.
We got the package deal (go check the hotel's actual website for the description) which included, all for a very reasonable price, the hotel room, transportation to and from the airport, breakfast and dinner (and the portions were absolutely huge --and very good--you also get some drinks), a tour guide and driver to see the sights and transportation wherever we wanted to go.
If you want a really great experience (and exceptional value) where all of the staff is super nice and you really will get personal attention from the wonderful owner (Mr. Khim) and his staff, this is the place for you. Mr Khim's personal experiences will give you great insight into the local Cambodian culture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angkor Spirit Palace is a uniquely styled hotel featuring traditional Khmer architecture. It is close to downtown, the temples and airport. You won't be able to resist taking pictures of the building. Relax in our tropical gardens, swim in our saltwater pool and enjoy Khmer hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Angkor Spirit Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angkor Spirit Palace Hotel Siem Reap
- Angkor Spirit Palace Siem Reap