“Good value for money!”
Review of My Home Cambodia

My Home Cambodia
Ranked #111 of 292 Speciality Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed at my home for two nights in December 2011. This guesthouse is a very good value for money. I had booked a room without window to be able to fully rest, and despite the fact that the bathroom had a very low ceiling the room had all the basic amenities and was well furnished. The guesthouse has a very nice terrace where I took all my breakfast and could also relax and check my emails. I paid only 14 US dollars / night including breakfast (instead of the normal price 19 US dollars because I did not use A/C). The guesthouse is located at a walking distance from the old market and you can easily find tuk tuks to reach other parts of Siem Reap.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for My Home Cambodia

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Locations close to the center of town, 10 mins walk from the night market and 5-10 mins walk from the center of town.

Spacious rooms with proper facilities and a small but clean pool out back.

Everything was perfect especially at the rate paid, except for the service... our sheets werent changed over 4 days (despite the redish dust covering them) despite us asking for a change. When we ate at the guesthouse the food took an hour to arrive!

However, none of it was malicious, they were friendly and happy to help with advice on things to see and places to eat.

If staying for 2 days its the perfect place, but if you plan on spending more time maybe look elsewhere.

Room Tip: anywhere but the 3rd floor- the water pressure is lower up there and the staircase a nightmare
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Me and few friend stay there from 9 October till 12 October. We suppose to stay till 14 October due to flood we need to move (so reluctant to move but no choice). The rate is super worth. Its totally feel like home, which you will never feel home sick (but we felt "my home" sick when we change our hotel). They service is superb! The staff there were friendly, helpful, and always get what you inquire/needs. You will never feel regret staying there (even me, myself staying there during the flood). The breakfast they provided is awesome too, even it's just a simple and lite breakfast. Especially the LOCAL TEA they provided FOC all the time is TASTE AWESOME where i cant find it elsewhere. Overall, i have no complain for the villa from what i paid. If there a chance in the future i would return.

Room Tip: Try to choose room with window.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline_gurl
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Second best hotel of our 5 week trip through Vietnam and Cambodia. For 20$/night we had free pick up service, a super cosy hotel, a 4-star bedroom, breakfast of choice included, a clean swimming pool, free (but slow) internet, cheap bicycles for rent and a good restaurant in a pretty garden whenever we were too lazy to do the 5 min walk to the city center. We definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed just over a week at My Home during our month long trip in Cambodia and it was everything we needed and wanted. We wanted a place with a pool and their pool was great, even a pool side bar to order drinks while you take a swim. The staff were great, helped us alot with arrangements for visas and tours. Our biggest highlight was our tuk-tuk driver who we found threw the guesthouse, i believe he works for them but also does work independently. His name is Che Chan but he likes to call himself Jackie Chan, we booked him for all of our 3 days out at the temples, our last day we took him up to sunset mountain and shared a french picnic listening to stories of his childhood including his 6 years being a Monk. On our last day in Siem Reap he turned up at our guesthouse and wanted to take us out to a lake where the locals hang out where we spent the whole day tasting street food and chatting away to him and many other locals. He also took us to his wife's food stall where we were treated to local soup and beer....he well and truly made our trip and we continue to keep in touch with him. I would highly recommend anyone his services not only for the temples but for anything you are interested in seeing while in Siem Reap, he goes above and beyond.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Good and cozy place to stay in bustling Siem Reap. It's 10 min. from the city center, markets and pub street, so it's quite here. Now they has a small swimming pool, so you can relax after a hot day at Angkor. The staff is superb - polite and ready to help. Only one disapointment - they had problem with our reservation made through hotelsite. So check your reservation before and make sure they've done it.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and received an excellent service from everyone here. We were able to reserve by email a week before our arrival and confirmed a couple of days before our arrival. Seeing Ang - our tuk tuk driver - waiting for us outside the airport as they promised us, confirmed us we made the right decision. This guest house offers everything you need and more for a good price and excellent service. The rooms are great, good cable TV, air conditioner, good people, breakfast and free Internet in the lobby. I would definitely recommend this for someone looking for a safe and comfortable place without compromising your budget and please remember it's a guest house :)
Side note for Ang, our tuk tuk driver, he was awesome!! Very honest and always going the extra mile to make sure we visited the best places and had the best possible experience in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple