“Another great stay”

Rambutan Resort - Siem Reap
Ranked #35 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just returned from my second visit to this hotel in a month, enjoyed it so much my first trip couldn't wait to get back. Once again the staff were wonderful and nothing is to much trouble. I took two friends with me for their first trip to Cambodia and they were very impressed with the Golden Banana resort. I can think of nowhere better to stay in Siem Reap

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors involve quite steep stairs so ground floor rooms are advisable for any...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank balabrian

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our first hotel in Cambodia and we were all really pleased.

Location- great; 5 minutes walking into "downtown" Siem Reap
Rooms/Hotel- love the red doors and layout. Less than 10 rooms in this location so everything is really personalized. Loved the pool with the small waterfall. Very relaxing.
Staff- AMAZING, flexible, helpful, respectful. Can help with booking tuk tuks, tours, etc.

Definitely recommend people to stay here- already recommended this hotel to 3 of my other friends visiting Siem Reap the following week after I left!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jmhsieh
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was well beyond any expectations I had. It was peaceful and quiet yet close to the night life and attractions. The staff is second to none and make feel like part if the family. The pool was a wonderful retreat after a day tours. The food and drinks were consistently good and always served with a smile. I can't wait to come back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lbflex
worldtraveller062, General Manager at Rambutan Resort - Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Lbflex,

Thank you for your fantastic review on our Tripadvisor page!
We are very happy to read you gad a 'spectacular' time with us.
Indeed our concept is in the first place to let the people feel like home in a most comfortable way.
Our management team does a lot of efforts to offer our staff a fair package and pleasant working conditions so they fully enjoy their job and as a result serve our guests with a smile.

Please let us know when you would like to come back so we also can offer you our special "returning guests" benefits (valid on direct bookings only)

With warm greetings,
Tommy

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Golden Banana Hotel was a fantastic place for us to stay. We loved the ambience, the pool, the cleanliness, the spaciousness........ I couldn't recommend it higher. It's proximity to everything in town is great, such an easy walk. The staff were very helpful at all times and arranged trips we needed for us with ease. It really is an oasis!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 731Tania
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is the perfect place to be. Stayed here 7 years ago and now again. Boutique and ethnic-rustic feeling. Trips to the temples and any other sites are easily arranged; be it by car or tuk-tuk. 1 minute walk to night market, 2 minute walk to old market and 3 minute walk to the hassle of Pub Street, the restaurants and all that matters in Siem Reap. A pleasure to spend few hours at swimming pool, visit a few temples, and have drinks and dinner in town. Top service and great management. When staying in Siem Reap, stay here! Gay owned and very gay friendly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We loved it so much that we left the beach on the coast and returned to Siem Reap to stay at the Golden Banana a second time! We stayed at both the boutique hotel and the resort - both are fabulous. The rooms are very spacious, some have stone baths on the balcony (oh, and they have real balconies! Not just an entrance that opens from an outside hallway, like we found several hotels in Cambodia calling "private balconies"). The decor is inviting, clean, airy. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, breakfast was big and offered many choices. It's almost across the street from the market, and a 5 minute walk to "downtown"/Pub Street area. We would stay here again and highly recommend it! One of our two favorite places to stay in Cambodia (we spent 3 weeks in the country).

Room Tip: if available, get pool view. Many rooms have two levels - grab one if you can!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eve_36_12
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I booked myself in for 2 nights in April and arrived with a friend who had booked into the b&b next door. By comparison, she paid about 35SGD through another online outfit and I paid 78USD per night direct. My place had 2 floors and was luxurious by comparison. She knew that a bed and shower was necessary, not much else. I loved my room which led straight out by a cool, tranquil swimming pool, with bougainvillaea draped over balconies and banana leaves keeping the area cool.
Staff were more than nice, they were extremely helpful and keen to make sure I was comfortable - I am a divorced woman in my forties.
Staff organised a tuk-tuk the first day for 5am, We negotiated a rate and settled on $17US for the day. Everyone was helpful, kind, smiling and we were satisfied.
The following morning I arranged to have a motorcycle take me around on the back. I paid $11US and really enjoyed the relative freedom of being on the back of a bike going around Angkor Wat.
The breakfast was excellent and part of the deal (I chose the Cambodian noodles). The coffee was less good, but hey ho there was excellent coffee in any of the many coffee bars around Siem Reap.
Really recommend the Golden Banana. I could have gone cheaper and there are plenty of options to do so, however, this place came recommended and I would recommend it to others. I hope this is useful.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room and don't forget your swimming costume as I did ;(
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo