“Couldn't ask for a better hotel!”

Rambutan Resort - Siem Reap
Ranked #35 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed four nights here and was completely satisfied. My only regret is that I never got around to using the outside tub on my balcony! The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly, spoke excellent English and took very good care of me. My room (technically a single villa) was up a steep flight of stairs but very comfortable. The AC was a god send given the heat and humidity. Wifi connections worked great and I love the salt water swimming pool. The hotel very kindly let me check out late since I had an afternoon flight, thus allowing me one more morning to visit temples. I wish there were a few more Khmer food options for breakfast as I like to try different things, but what I did have was very tasty. Bottom line? I would stay here again in a second!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank maugham1

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This boutique resort was surely the nicest place we stayed in SE Asia but we did pay a bit more for it. We paid about $66/night during June/low season as opposed to our usual $40/night budget. The place was so beautiful though, it reminded me of one of my favorite hotels back in California where I live that is 4x as expensive. Beautiful flowers & trees all over the property, a beautiful pool, private balcony with outdoor bath tub (!!!). Amazing location, literally across the street from the Art Center market, walking distance to Old Market, Night Market & Pub Street. I am absolutely sure you will enjoy your stay here. One thing is that the hotel is gay friendly. I stayed here with my boyfriend & of course this was in no way an issue as both heterosexuals & homosexuals do stay here, but just a heads up for anyone who is unfortunately intolerant to diversity. Golden Banana Resort is a beautiful, must-stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittanny T
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Can't say enough positive things about this delightful resort. For the price of the room, it was certainly worth every dollar. Great location as it's just a short tuk tuk ride to the Pubstreet and the Old Market. The staff were wonderful and very helpful and friendly throughout my 4 nights stay. The guide that we hired via Golden banana was also very good, so two thumbs up there.
GB rooms were spacious, and I especially loved the cocktails that they served. Nothing beats cooling down by the saltwater pool with a GB cocktails after a day out exploring the ruins. Fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank boomjo
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Golden Banana by Rambutan Resort is one of the loveliest, most charming, comfortable, and welcoming places I have ever stayed. I have stayed there multiple times now, either alone or with teen-aged children, and always look forward to returning. The staff are friendly and helpful - and always willing to provide intelligent and interesting local cultural explanations and suggestions about places to visit and see. The hotel is very safe with a feeling of peaceful, quiet seclusion - even though it is conveniently located across the river from busy downtown Siem Reap and within short walking distance of many restaurants. I love walking through the "Golden Banana Alley," which is covered in bougainvillea and hung with red lanterns. I also love all of the rooms (all a little differently situated and arranged), with their lovely balconies surrounded by greenery and comfortable furnishings. The salt water pool is always well maintained, everything is impeccably cleaned and maintained daily, and the food is always great. (I especially recommend the Golden Banana "bau-bau" or rice soup, which is nicely flavored with mushrooms, Kampot pepper and slices of fresh ginger). In addition to its lovely aesthetic sensibilities and beautiful setting, the hotel works hard to be "green" and socially responsible, contributing to the community around it, paying decent wages and supporting staff development in various ways.

Room Tip: I think I have stayed in every room at different points and they seem equally lovely. It's a go...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank arhan850
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Golden Banana is one of the best places to sleep in Siem Reap. The room rates are $28 for a room with air con and breakfast included. The staff is very friendly. GB is also close to the Old Market and Pubstreet. I would recommend everybody to stay in this hotel if there budget is about $25 dollars for a room. If not then there are a lot of other places who can offer you room for $9, but those are without air con breakfast and a pool.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meik_123
Reviewed 16 June 2014

In terms of location, the Golden Banana Resort (GBR) is very close to the bustle of the Night Market, the Old Market and Pub Street, yet nicely hidden and tucked away from it all, in a peaceful surrounds. GBR has a certain cosy, rustic charm and makes you feel welcomed in a special way. The limited number of rooms allows for a lot of interaction between the staff and guests and this makes staying at GBR even more wonderful. The small restaurant serves pretty decent food at good rates, and service always comes with many smiles. I've stayed here several times over the last few years and it's somewhere I never think twice about returning to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room downstairs if you have problems climbing steps, especially since the staircases are s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Asia-aficionado
Reviewed 15 June 2014

As soon as I stepped into the resort, I felt relaxed (though very wisely, one of the first things we were handed was the wifi password!). The well-furnished room (Jasmine) was very comfortable, and my goodness, it was huge! What made us enjoy our stay the most was the friendly people there - from the manager, Tommy, to the junior wait staff.

Room Tip: Our room (Jasmine; above the common area) was next to a water feature. Not bad if you like white no...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends