“Great value in Siem Reap”

Rambutan Resort - Siem Reap
Ranked #39 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
San Francisco, California
“Great value in Siem Reap”
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Everything is a good value in siem reap, but at the golden banana, you get everything you could want, except maybe the beach, for $24 a night (when we were there). The staff were very helpful arranging an english speaking temple guide, breakfast was adequate (egg sandwich with coffee and fruit). The winning point for this hotel is the pool, where we spent all of our down time. Very like minded travelers seem to find this place. One downside, and I'm not even sure if this qualifies, is that you have to walk through a dirty neighborhood to get there. It's totally safe, but i'm sure you will have NO problem finding a tuk-tuk if you just want to get home. If we ever end up in SR again, we will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 November 2010

First found out about this place on our Lonelyplanet guide before researching it here. We arranged airport <-> resort transfers by tuk tuk, a definite must do.

From the time we arrived at the resort to the time we left, our stay was fantastic. It was excellent value for money. The breakfast was great.

We arranged our tour guide, tuk tuk and car through the hotel. They were all worth it. Would highly recommend a tour guide, its the best way to see this amazing country.

Rooms were charming, ours was upstairs by the bar. This place is excellent value for money and we'll recommend to all our friends and will definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travellerlaw80
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2010

We are a gay couple, and read some positive reviews about this place. We were not disappointed. This place is most definitely gay-friendly. Our driver picked us up from the airport and everything went smoothly from there. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated, down to the prints on the walls and the flowers. There was a lovely breakfast each day and our driver took us to all the sights around Siem Reap each day. The massages each day were great. We even had one of the staff invite us to go out clubbing with him on our last night.
Room rate was US$45 per night which included breakfast.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 November 2010

The Golden Banana was fantastic! The rooms had character and were not just cookie cutter hotel rooms. I loved the outdoor bath, the rain shower and the balcony overlooking the pool. This resort was just the right distance to walk to the main market area but was not noisy at all. The service is what truly makes this hotel unique. Recommendations were made, smiles greeted us everytime and the staff were relaxed and happy. I got sick one day and their concern was appreciated. A great find in Siem Reap! (oh and the salt water pool was sublime after hoofing around the temples all day!)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stacey81HongKong
Wales
Reviewed 2 November 2010

My Wife and myself stayed here for 4 nights and what can I say? -- Absolutely superb location - Minutes from the market area . The staff are ultra professional. The rooms are clean , breakfast served on time and very well trained and courteous staff. Rooms elegant and decorated in classic Khmer [ Cambodian] style. It was an experience of a lifetime for me and my Wife.
The Hotel arranges everything including the tours. You can always trust the companies hired by this hotel. The staff dont hassle you for tips. There is a tip box that you can use at the end of your stay which is equally distributed among the staff .
The Owner and all the managers take very personal care of the guests and you feel wanted and are really pampered at times.

If I visit Siem Reap again, I will surely recommend this hotel and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dharmacentric
Eureka, California
Reviewed 31 October 2010

I would never stay any where else. The staff is excellent, extremely helpful. the rooms are wonderfull. I liked being able to walk to town for dinner and shopping. I had a problem with a tour I had arranged on my own, and the staff stepped right up and helped me solve my problem. I can not say enough good about the hotel. I stay at least fifty nights in hotels all over the world and this was the best.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
brisbane
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Stayed here as a solo female traveller intent on experiencing what I could of Siem Reap and Angkor Wat in 3 short days.

This was the perfect accommodation for me - very central location with a sense of local "authenticity". Great security, wonderful rooms with a sense of elegance, lovely salt water pool, hotel tuk tuk drivers who are absolutely reliable, very friendly and helpful, very professional management and administration.

The owner, the manager Joel and the charming, sohisticated and very professional staff (management, restaurant, cleaning, security, and tuk tuk drivers) maintain great standards at this elegant boutique resort.

I had a fabulous stay here. I have recommended this boutique hotel to all my friends who travel - straights, gays, families with kids from bubs to teenagers, oldies, and solos.

This is a wonderful retreat from the bustle of the town or after a long day at Angkor Wat.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo