“Wasn't a great experience.”
Review of Thunborey Hotel

Thunborey Hotel
Ranked #285 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel is in a good location. The rooms were clean and the channel selection on the old tv was good.

Overall though, we didn't have a great experience. After making the booking for a deluxe room $27/night, we were informed that it wasn't available and downgraded to a different room that was $18/night and told they would move us the next day. We were fine with this. When we received the "upgrade" we were moved into the room next door that was virtually identical but had an additional bed that we didn't really need and a bath that we couldn't use - see below. The third bed may have been miscommunication but I really couldn't see how it was in any way more deluxe or VIP.

The real annoyance was that the hot water didn't work in the room for the entire 3 day stay despite repeatedly asking for it. We were told it was fixed once and it was almost warm at one point but it never got any better. The next time I asked for it, I was simply told it wasn't working with no real explanation. The final straw was that all but one power point in our room stopped working overnight resulting in our phones (also our cameras) failing to charge. There had been a couple of black outs during our stay and completely understand that this happens in Cambodia but this didnt happen that night.

We finally just decided to check out and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank westu78
Seihator, Owner at Thunborey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I feel very comfortable during my 2 nights staying here. The room is nice and cozy and staff is very friendly, speaking English well whereas the cost is very reasonable. we actually received more than we paid. This hotel also owns a great location, just a few steps to night market and Pub streets. I definitely will stay at this hotel again if I come back REP.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TuaBui

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I have traveled to Siem Reap 7-8 times. I love this place... Mr Seiha runs a great place! Spotless.. Close to everything... Big rooms.. Great AC.... Staff is superb .. Trust me ... This is the best value in all of Siem Reap
Shayne
USA

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank traveltheworld23031

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed in Siem Reap for 2 days. I stayed here both the days. To start with, the Hotel charges you about $22 a day. So know what to expect. But for the price you pay, they surpass your expectations.! Great location. 2 mins from the Old Market and Pub street. And they arrange you a Tuk Tuk for the temple trip at real cheap price. The rooms are neat and so are the toilets. We had a room in the first floor next to the elevator. It was a good stay overall.

Note: The A/C wasn't powerful in my room. But I spoke to another tourist from Australia and he never had a problem.!

Room Tip: Ask for a room against the sun. The rooms facing the sun tend to get hotter during the day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 June 2013

My 2 friends and I decided to stay here after it was recommended to us. Though I wasn't expecting much, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw our room was huge. It's situated in a very good location - close enough to Pub Street that it wasn't too far of a walk, but far enough that it isn't noisy at night. There are many convenience stores around which is also very helpful. My only problem with this hotel is that our shower did not have a shower curtain, causing the water to get all over the bathroom after you shower.

Overall, great value for money and in a very good location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 June 2013

For the price it's a pretty good hotel. It's clean and affordable. It's close to many sites. Didn't know at the time but you can hire a guide and tuk tuk for good price from there to see the temples. I would do it that way instead of through a tour agency from HCMC. I would also book this hotel and any other travel plans on line instead of through tour agencies in HCMC. People are very polite and helpful here in Siem Reap. We felt safe here. I would come back to this hotel and recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed with friends and find the hotel excellent. I stayed with friends and it is situated at a very good location. Near to night market, Bus stand and main markets are also nearby. The hotel was clean and the staff was polite and very efficient. Complementary breakfast at roof top was addition to the value for money. My room was on 2nd floor and very quiet except in the morning time as Kitchen was right above my room. Wifi was also good. I enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor are good
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends