“lovely room but extremely noisy location”
Review of Thunborey Hotel

Thunborey Hotel
Ranked #271 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We are staying at this hotel during the high season at the beginning of January and and we would not recommend it if you expect a quiet room where you can sleep. The staff are lovely, the room is nice but it was far too noisy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARILYN B
Seihator, Owner at Thunborey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel is located near to pub street and night market of Siem Reap and still away from all the noise and traffic. The rooms are nice and clean and bathrooms are spacious for the price you pay.
The staff is very friendly and always happy to help. I booked this through Expedia and called them for confirmation. The manager, I think his name was Peng was very courteous and offered to send a taxi or Tuktuk, with a charge but not exorbitant. He only arranged for a guide and Tuktuk the next day to visit Tonle Sap and Angkor Wat.

The breakfast is also decent. I was leaving for Phnom Penh by early morning bus after 3 nights stay and didn't have time to have breakfast. These guys packed some eggs, bread and fruits for me to have it on the bus.

The Wifi is provided in the room and it works fine. They would need to work on some of the lighting as I found the room with not sufficient light.

If they add up some good tours with a good tour operator, then people don't need to go out and scout for one. But overall I had a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rahul_Maverick

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Thunborey Hotel during my visit to Siem Reap in November. I found the staff here very friendly and helpful - couldn't have asked for more! Great value for money and the hotel is located centrally (close to Pub Street and markets). Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie W

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went with Cambodian colleagues to Siem Reap, mostly for work though I took a day out to sample Angkor Wat (see my review of Bunhak the guide of Angkor United Tour). We stayed three nights at the Thunborey Hotel which had clean, simple but comfortable rooms with all the amenities including wifi, an excellent breakfast at no extra charge from a choice of Asian or Western food with a view from the rooftop, a friendly staff who dealt immediately with any issues, booked tours, tuks tuks, you name it and spoke fluent English. It had an overall friendly, family feel to the hotel and cost for the three nights something like US$60. It is also very close to the night market in an area with a huge choice of restaurants. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back must be quieter as they don't face a busy street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Duncan M

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel is in a good location. The rooms were clean and the channel selection on the old tv was good.

Overall though, we didn't have a great experience. After making the booking for a deluxe room $27/night, we were informed that it wasn't available and downgraded to a different room that was $18/night and told they would move us the next day. We were fine with this. When we received the "upgrade" we were moved into the room next door that was virtually identical but had an additional bed that we didn't really need and a bath that we couldn't use - see below. The third bed may have been miscommunication but I really couldn't see how it was in any way more deluxe or VIP.

The real annoyance was that the hot water didn't work in the room for the entire 3 day stay despite repeatedly asking for it. We were told it was fixed once and it was almost warm at one point but it never got any better. The next time I asked for it, I was simply told it wasn't working with no real explanation. The final straw was that all but one power point in our room stopped working overnight resulting in our phones (also our cameras) failing to charge. There had been a couple of black outs during our stay and completely understand that this happens in Cambodia but this didnt happen that night.

We finally just decided to check out and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank westu78

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I feel very comfortable during my 2 nights staying here. The room is nice and cozy and staff is very friendly, speaking English well whereas the cost is very reasonable. we actually received more than we paid. This hotel also owns a great location, just a few steps to night market and Pub streets. I definitely will stay at this hotel again if I come back REP.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TuaBui

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I have traveled to Siem Reap 7-8 times. I love this place... Mr Seiha runs a great place! Spotless.. Close to everything... Big rooms.. Great AC.... Staff is superb .. Trust me ... This is the best value in all of Siem Reap
Shayne