“Perfect Accommodation”

Ranked #24 of 343 Hotels in Siem Reap
Quezon City, Philippines
“Perfect Accommodation”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Great service! This hotel offers amazing tours. People go to Siem Reap to experience Angkor and Beyond and this is the perfect accommodation travelers/tourists are looking for. Sojourn's tours are transparent, practical, and comprehensive. Staying at the resort/hotel is a Kingdom of WondRAY in itself :)

Maraming salamat Sojourn Family :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed for 5 days in November at the villas and it was wonderful. The staff, who remembered our names, were attentive and so helpful with everything. It was our wedding anniversary and when we arrived there were flowers in the pattern of hearts on our bed and champagne chilling. We booked the private dining experience one night and it was certainly an experience not to miss. Candles and lovely food with your own chef and waitress on a pagoda over water. Truly wonderful. Thank you to everyone for making our trip so special. The spa was so sweet and we had wonderful daily massages after visiting the temples and walking around all day. Bliss. The villas are located in a village and it gives you a look into life outside of busy Siem Reap but it is still only 10 mins away. A definite place to stay for those looking at a quiet relaxing holiday in a busy exciting town. The tour guide/driver was also wonderful. He would meet us each day and drive us to all the temples and places if interest. We couldn't have done it without him. Thank you.

Room Tip: Book a poolside villa.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Well, I can honestly say that I LOVE Sojourn.

They read their own reviews and make improvements. I recall reading before I arrived and someone suggested an upgrade of tvs to the bungalows. A few days later when we arrived, they were putting tvs in the room. Fantastic. *Not so much for me but just adjusting what needs to be done.

As this was my third visit, I knew what to expect and was not disappointed!

The staff well and truly make the experience. They were without a doubt FANTASTIC.
Always a smile, up for a chat and great service.

Do not miss out on having a chat to the staff, they love to talk and it is a great insight further into their culture. I am grateful for many moments we got to speak to the staff.

The rooms were still spotless clean and I seen the upgrade of having beautiful soap, shampoos and lotions. Nice touch!

We also used the spa HEAPS! It was a surreal experience and as this was a girls trips we were there almost every day. I think about those girls often!

Location is a god send. My best friends first time to Cambodia and she loved the peace, quiet and tranquil settings.

As I had been there before we just lounged, went in for a look in town... tuk tuk around the village and relaxed! So Siem Reap is not just about the temples. Just a great place to relax and rewind.

I am more then impressed Sojourn! Keep up the good work.

Now the only thing that I do want to mention and I would of mentioned myself if I ran into the owners as I chatted to Anthony before and he is super approachable as is Fiona.

The food. This was something I raved to my girlfriend about and we were just a little disappointed. Perhaps our standards were raised from our stay in Kampot but if there could be a bit more variation that would be great. Maybe more appetisers?

Brekky was great and the drinks are amazing as always. As was the little touches. fireplace being lit. Cheeky smiles from ALL staff not just the wait staff.

I must note..

I had booked a package as I thought that was what I needed but when staff found out we would only need to visit the temples once, they charged us considerably less. Without me asking they just did as they said "you don't need that" Wow. That was kindly appreciated and took me by surprise.

Keep doing what your doing. We will be back again soon. Until then remember to stand back at your great business and appreciate it. You guys have really created something amazing.

Gratitude,

Room Tip: Any bungalow is a good choice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I chose the 3 night getaway package. It was unbelievable. It was out first trip to Siem Reap and without knowing where to stay (in town/ out of town) we chose Sojourn Boutique based on the TA reviews. It was first class and is the perfect place for your couples or family stay. Quiet, cooking classes in the village, great spa treatments and massage on site, personal driver for whenever you want to venture out, temple tours. It has everything. Poolside cocktails are bliss and the in-house restaurant is amazing. We will be coming back for sure and doing nothing more than staying here. Thanks

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. My husband and I booked our stay at Sojourn on account that we like to stay at smaller, boutique styled accommodations in addition to we liked the responsible tourism aspect the owners practiced. We realized that the hotel was located outside the main hub of activity in Siem Reap, so we just factored in transportation costs into our budget. After staying there, I can report that we only went to visit "Pub Street" twice during our stay, and we were quite glad we stayed away from this tourist mecca. After learning that many hotels in Siem Reap are owned by Thai and Vietnamese, I felt even better about choosing to stay at Sojourn since I knew profits would stay local.

We stayed 7 days/6 nights at Sojourn. We booked the "Three Night Getaway Package" in addition to additional, non packaged nights. We had an absolutely, fantastic experience at Sojourn. Words really can't capture the warmth we felt. We had never felt so sad to actually leave a place. Even though the accommodations were wonderful, it was the staff at Sojourn that made it a truly special experience for us.

STAFF
Sojourn, "where everybody knows your name". Seriously! In < 24 hrs, everyone greeted us by name and knew our daily itinerary. We fell in love with SK at the front desk. In fact, one day he was off from work, and we nearly had a breakdown b/c he wasn't there. We also formed a very close bond with Nary, a waitress. The service we received from the staff was hands down the best (and we've stayed at several 5 star resorts). I only single out these 2 individuals b/c we just had a very special bond with them.

ROOM
We stayed in villa #7. The room was quite spacious and comfortable. The toiletries were very nice. The only thing that kept the room from being super spectacular was the bed. We thought the bed was rather hard and could feel the springs. Granted, we normally sleep on a Tempur-Pedic mattress, so we are very sensitive (not used to) to springs in mattresses.

RESTAURANT
We ate "in town" once and decided there was no reason for us to ever eat in town again. Granted, the prices in town can be cheaper, but the food and service isn't nearly as good. The restaurant has several Khmer and Western food options. Also, there are daily specials, which are, of course, cheaper.

The mixed drinks are fantastic. The bartender must be commended.

We signed up for Destination Dining. This was a very romantic night for me and my husband. You have a personal chef, waitress, musician...world class! Please experience this.

SPA
We had the aromatherapy massage, which was very relaxing. My one regret is not getting a pedicure while there.

TEMPLE TOUR
Driver - Mr. Lourn was our dedicated driver. He drove a Camry as well as a tuk tuk. It was very nice having a dedicated driver during our entire stay. Since he lived very close to Sojourn, he was always available if we needed him. He's a very nice man, and we are thankful to have met him.
Temple Guide - Mr. Marie was our temple guide. (We booked a temple guide for our additional temple day, and he was our guide for that day as well.) Not only was Mr. Marie knowledgeable about temple history and construction, he also pointed out the best spots for photographs. He was extremely personable and spoke openly about his and Khmer life. He also had a way to just make us laugh. We had a great time with Mr. Marie. He speaks excellent English, which is absolutely astonishing as he is self taught.

TREAK VILLAGE WALK - tour booked by Sojourn
Mr. Lee was our guide for the Treak Village Walk. Mr. Lee studies English Literature and speaks excellent English. We are very glad that we signed up for this tour to learn more about the local village, where some of the staff live. Mr. Lee was very insightful and passionate. We hope he remembers "psychic", "tarot cards", and "officiant" as we will remember so many things he taught us about village life. We wish him much success in life.

TONLE SAP TOUR - tour booked by Sojourn
Mr. Sohka (unsure about spelling) was our guide for the Tonle Sap Tour. He was very cheerful and informative. He spoke openly about his and Khmer life, which we appreciated. We are still laughing at things he told us about Khmer family life. He spoke excellent English. We wish him and his family much success in life.

OTHER NOTES
1-If you do find yourself in town and in need of a driver, simply walk to the "Beyond Unique Escapes" office and ask for a driver back to Sojourn. This is Sojourn's sister company, and all the drivers are familiar with the location of the hotel.
2-Sojourn is very much a resort. All costs are charged to you room, which you pay for at the end of your stay. Thus, all meals are charged to your room...if you request a driver from the hotel, charged to your room...all tours booked by the hotel, charged to your room. The only cash you need is for shopping, activities you arrange on your own, meals outside of Sojourn, travel arranged outside of Sojourn, and tipping (if you so choose).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NoLaNooga
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Cambodia for three nights in November, and were so glad we stayed here. The wonderful service began with the complementary airport pickup service in the morning, in which our driver had a sign with our name so we quickly spotted him, and then cold waters and sodas at the car. We stayed in a temple villa, which was very large and included an outdoor shower (though we ended up only using the indoor shower). There were a couple small geckos on the walls, which was to be expected given the greenery surrounding the villas, though they didn't bother us. The AC in the room was very nice and there was also a ceiling fan. We planned our itinerary on the spot upon arriving at Sojourn, in which they arranged a driver for us to visit Angkor Wat at sunrise the very next morning followed by an afternoon cooking class, and a 3-temple tour package with a small group of people for the following day (all of which I would recommend, and they were just added onto our bill). The drivers and staff were so friendly, and all seemed to know our itinerary which was a nice touch. There was always either a taxi or tuk tuk driver available when you wanted to go into town for a very small round-trip price (also just added onto our bill ($5 and $3 respectively). We ate dinner in-town, though it seemed so busy that it was always a nice relief to come back to Sojourn. We enjoyed the pool very much, and also used the laundry service available for a handful of shirts and pants (same day service). The complementary breakfast every morning included hot food made fresh to order (highly recommend the Vietnamese soup, Asian fried rice and palm sugar pancakes). Overall a wonderful experience.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz B
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We spent 3 days here after spending some time in the city of Bangkok. It was a nice break being out in the country side. We woke up in the morning to chanting emanating from a temple in the distance. This is a very romantic spot with beautiful bungalows, Nice swimming pool. The pool was a wonderful and refreshing place to hang out. We love Angkor Wat. What a lovely.
Here we would like recommended sojourn Boutique Villas to every one. Thank you