All reviews treak village swim up bar destination dining cooking class outdoor shower coconut pancakes local villagers tuk tuk cambodian cooking responsible tourism an oasis spa treatments dirt road angkor wat turn down service siem reap town away from the hustle and bustle
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon in Sojourn, early Feb 2014. We took their 4days/3 nights package that was offered on their website, and it was such a good decision. We were met at the airport by a representative, and was provided a comprehensive background on the villas, our itinerary and what to expect by their receptionist.

With only 10 villas - the place was extremely private and yet friendly. We were very impressed with the friendliness and the professionalism of the staff there. The villa that we had was also large and clean. It has an outdoor shower that is highly recommended on a hot day :) The pool is fairly small, but it does encourage interactions between guests. We were also impressed with the social initiatives Sojourn participated in.

We enjoyed the tour guide that was assigned to my husband and I. Mr. Lim was very fluent in English, and provided us with a very informative tour to Angkor Wat and Bayon. He pointed out things that we would otherwise have missed. We were sorry that we only had him for a day!

I do need to mention that if you are a city girl like me - be prepared for nature :P It's right smack in the middle of a tropical setting. We had a resident gecko that visited our villa every night, and there are frogs hopping around with other insects. However, stunning butterflies everywhere.

I fell in love with Cambodia thanks to Sojourn. We had such a memorable experience, and wished we could have stayed longer. We definitely will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Staying here now for the week and feel compelled to share how truly amazing it is here...It's thankfully away from the hustle bustle of main Siem Reap in a tiny little village but a short Tuk-Tuk drive away from all that Siem Reap has to offer on a moment's notice. Staff are exceptional, food is out of this world and the villas are impeccably clean and very chic. We had a sunset walk to the rice paddies and lotus field first day and had an amazing experience at one of the pagoda temples the next...The people here and in the village are authentic, sweet and love to practice their English. What a paradise on Earth! (and their signature Khmer massage is to die for...I was so relaxed, I could barely speak afterwards). Sojourn has a partnership with Beyond who offers tour guides which has been wonderful (Lim is the best!) Absolutely a must visit place for a truly authentic Cambodian experience!

Room Tip: All the rooms are off the pristine pool...I imagine they are all wonderful! (but I'm particularly partial to villa 6!)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We really loved our stay here. The hotel itself is very small - nine rooms in all I believe - each room is a small individual cottage and they are arranged in a lovely tropical setting around the pool. It is located outside of town in the countryside. However, it takes only about 10 minutes to get into Siem Reap by tuk-tuk or car. We would just let the front desk know when we needed transport in and they took care of the rest. A round-trip tuk-tuk was $3. We also arranged most of our excursions through the hotel which is affiliated with a local travel agency. Never any glitches - every activity went just as planned. The staff were superb. Friendly and helpful - we really enjoyed talking with and getting to know everyone. We also ate several meals (breakfast and dinner) and the food was always delicious. They have a cooking school and spa on the premises but we did not take advantage of those. Overall we enjoyed our stay and plan to return next year. For some folks - the locations outside of Siem Reap might be a deterrent if they prefer being in the bustling town - we enjoyed the quiet serenity.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here on our last night in Siem Reap and found it to be just what we needed after days of touring. It's quiet, relaxing and the villas are fantastic! Their help with social and environmental causes was icing on the cake for us. We felt good staying at such a nice hotel with a conscience.

The pool is great and the service is exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We found Sojourn to be a wonderful respite from the quite crowded and touristy experience of Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. We loved coming back to the village at night, down the dirt roads by tuk tuk, and yet feeling cozy and comfortable in our villa. The social and environmental impact initiatives were also quite inspiring and a welcome change from other hotels in the area. The spa treatments were fantastic and the breakfast pho was, in my husband's words, the best pho he's ever eaten in his life (and he's eaten quite a few!). Looking forward to our return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple