“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #19 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Adelaide, Australia
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last year with my partner and had a great time.

A year later and I am living in a Siem Reap this is the spot I tell all my visitors to stay.

In May my mum came for a visit and as a birthday surprise I booked her abd I into Sojourn for the night. She loved it :)

The best part about the villas is the lovely staff - they treat you like family. Warm abd welcoming.

The food is also top notch I loved the Australian Steak and the coconut pancakes !

The location is a little out if town but lots of transport available.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank North_Queenslander

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Belfort, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

What a lovely place Sojourn Boutique Hotel is !!! The atmosphere is very quiet, the villas are simply but nicely decorated, the swimming pool with the bar next to it is the perfect way to cool down after a hot and humid day visiting Angkor, the food is excellent and what about the massage ??? I really felt so relaxed !
But most of all, I loved the kindness and the smiles of hotel employees, always happy to help and make your stay comfortable !!
My only regret was that my stay couldn't last longer...
A perfect place to relax after a busy day in the middle of the crowd. I'll definite come back to Sojourn boutique hotel if I have the chance to visit the area again !

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ajolais
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here as a family -- in two bungalows. It felt incredibly luxurious for a reasonable (though not cheap) price. The service was wonderful and the rooms were spacious and always cool, which is important when the outside never is. The food was good -- and the Pho Ga (chicken soup) was amazing and we ended up having it for breakfast almost every day.

The hotel is away from the center of town, which we really appreciated and we also appreciated that the hotel arranged for tuk-tuks whenever we needed one -- and the tuk-tuks were an excellent experience in themselves. My teenage girls loved them!

The hotel also helped arrange for a guide to the temples. We also took advantage of the cooking classes (super!) and the spa, which was extremely relaxing and affordable. My 15 year old daughter is asking me to add that the massages are very hand's on -- so you should be prepared! ( No more so than usual in my opinion).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank EllieSing
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Although I agree with all previous reviews about how lovely Sojourn is, great place, superb food, lovely rooms and really nice and helpful staff I think visitors should be aware that it is a fair distance from Siem Reap and all the main visitor attractions. It took about 15mn by tuck-tuck to get to town and another 10 to get to the entrance gates. Given the size of the site this could mean another 20mn or longer to get to the particular temple you're heading for. We actually enjoyed the journey as it's a good way to get a feel for everyday life in Cambodia but you have to factor it into your visiting plan. This said we were very glad not to be staying in Siem Reap itself as it is very busy and noisy. So be aware, but still stay at Sojourn!

Room Tip: Remember that it can get pretty wet so I would suggest not being too far from the main building and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Fabonhols
Phnom Penh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We're a local family that needs a getaway from the bustling Siem Reap City sometimes. We found Sojourn Boutique Villas to be perfect for this purpose. Quiet, comfort, kids friendly, very attentive staff, superb food and beverages, beautiful pool for the kids to play. Would highly recommend to the locals and tourists alike. You will love the experience!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Huotdara
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sojourn Boutique Villas for four nights. When we arrived we were a little concerned on the drive there because the hotel is located about ten minutes of the city on a dirt road However, upon arrive we were pleasantly surprised by the level of service of their staff and quality of rooms. We stayed in a private villa with outdoor shower and it was extremely romantic. We absolutely loved the room, huge bathtub, and outdoor shower. The rooms were large and the king size bed was great since my husband is tall. They had some great personal touches during our stay like a bottle of wine upon arrival, free mini bar items daily, nightly turndown service, morning treat, and daily newsletter with tours and current news. The TV had a few English movie stations which was great for us. Mostly we can't say enough about how wonderful the staff was. The assisted us with all planning, transportation, and several of our meals throughout our stay. The dining options were very enjoyable especially the daily chef specials. We also participated in the Destination Dining experience which was very romantic with good food and wine. There was very little to be sad that was not positive about this place. Our own villa allows for a very resort feel and privacy that many hotels our lacking. Pool is great too. There is a swim up bar, great lounge chairs, and full menu available at the bar. If there was anything to say that was not absolutely perfect was that during our stay the local village was celebrating a birthday which of course the hotel could not have any control over, but for three out of our four days there was very loud music being played from early in the morning to late in the evening which could be heard from out room, spa experience, and at the pool. So if a quiet stay is a must for you, I'm not sure the hotel can guarantee this.

Room Tip: Choose one of the villas they are very large and near the pool. Especially the ones in the back corn...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garcialinette
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here June 16 2014 for 2 days and our only regret is we didn't stay longer. An absolute paradise and by far the friendliest staff I've ever experienced. Great location and great villas. Could not say a bad word about this place. Highly recommended if your staying in Siem Reap.

• Stayed June 2014