“Can't go wrong here”

Sojourn Boutique Villas
Ranked #31 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Our family booked 2 rooms (villas) and stayed here for 3 nights.
I chose Sojourn purely based on Tripadvisor reviews; and it didnt disappoint.

Big and clean room, good breakfast, free WIFI, nice pool, and located just outside the town (avoiding the town noise, but still easily reachable by tuktuk).

Special mention must go to the level of service provided by the hotel.
Mr. Han? who worked at the reception was extremely polite and helpful. He gave us good advice on our itenary in Siem Reap.
Tuktuk drivers and car driver from the hotel were also friendly, prompt, and worry-free. Especially superb was our driver (Mr. Sari?), who doubled as our tour guide for lake trip & Beng Melea trip. Very friendly, honest, chatty and informative man. He was so nice of a company, we invited him for our family dinner while in Siem Reap, twice!

My only 2 regrets were:
1. I didnt have enough time to do the cooking class.
2. I forgot to take a picture together with Mr. Sari!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 February 2011

My husband and I stayed in Sojourn Boutique - Siem Reap for four days, as part of a 10 day holiday in Cambodia. This hotel was our favourite by far, in all aspects. The staff is absolutely delightful, always ready to help, incredibly gracious and always smiling, quite a few of them come from the village where the hotel is situated.

The food is divine, the best we've eaten in Cambodia, the menu changed every day and was truly inspired! Very healthy, fresh flavours, and very refined. The galangal, lemongrass and coconut soup was the best I had ever tasted. I even lost weight while enjoying eating.... never happened before on holiday! Excellent wine, very reasonably priced too.

The rooms were very calming and relaxing, quite minimalist, with charcoal grey stone floor and white walls, decorated with fresh flowers and lovely crisp white linen, beautiful bathroom, some with a fabulous outdoor shower and very clean, set in gorgeous gardens.

The gardens and pool / pool bar were a great place to chill at the end of a temple seeing day. Again, lots of day beds, loungers to choose from, although the hotel was full, it never felt crowded.

The management operates as well a brilliant day tour operator centre in town called Beyond Unique, we did a lot of their tours which I highly recommend. The Beng Melea trip was very interesting, not so visited by tourists, so you felt a bit away from the beaten track, same thing with the cycling sunrise tour, which was a wonderful way to discover Cambodian way of life in small villages, markets and rice paddies, we set off at 5 in the morning and cycled with our guide through villages as they were coming to life, this is one of my best memories of our trip, the smells; wood fires in all households for their breakfast, the sights; always very colourful, the sounds of monasteries' morning music and chants, we really felt privileged to witness this without any other tourists around, just us and our lovely guide explaining the Cambodian way of life.

I did the cooking class in the afternoon, which was brilliant, I learned to cook a delicious Khmer chicken curry, spring rolls and coconut pancakes.

Last but not least, this hotel is an excellent example of sustainable tourism, they employ staff from the village they are situated in, they donate some of their profit to the village, which goes towards builing water pumps and even houses, they have a charity which again helps the village,so I did not have this feeling of unease I often have in poor countries, somehow I felt we had a positive rather than negative input.

It is great value for money, it is reasonably priced and the standard is very high, in terms of food, staff and accomodation.

I never go back to places I have been, but I have to say that with this hotel I am incredibly tempted to visit again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2011

This was my 4th time to Siem Reap and it had changed almost unrecognisably since 2006. Sojourn was a welcome retreat from the craziness of all the tourists and big hotels in the main town. The local staff were the friendliest we'd ever encountered, the food was the best we had in Cambodia and the facilities were beautiful. We enjoyed returning to the pool for lunch and cocktails after a morning at the temples - it was just what we needed!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fi_and_Matt
Reviewed 18 February 2011

My family stayed at this hotel 3 nights. After the days we were there we understood quite well about it. It had a group helpful and friendly staff. When we came the staffs welcome us very warmly. The room was very clean and was decorated modern facilities.Staying in good room we always feel cozy and safe. The location is very comfortable to go shopping and to visiting. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I and my honey had a sweet honeymoon at Sojourn Boutique Villas when we came to Siem Reap - Combodia. A nice hotel with 10 private villas, good accommodations, friendly staffs and excellent services. I really missed the time after travelling, we watch sunset together, We imagined the day sinks into the palm trees. Besides this hotels also provided a "cooking classes", with only 22$/person, we were taught to make a Cambodian dish and enjoyed our it at the end. That make our honeymoon too amazing and memorable. And I'll suggest Sojourn hotels to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I have been to Siem Reap before (10 years ago)
It is now a noisy/congested town now with many hotels and tour buses.
15 minutes outside town (part of the way is a bumpy dirt road) is an oasis of quiet luxury
at a very reasonable price.
11 villas around a delightful pool with great service.
Erwan the manager (from Paris whose English almost has no accent) will greet
you like family. He will explain how the hotel helps the surrounding village and employs
many of them. He will ask how you would like to be addressed and all the staff will know your name. Breakfast and dinner were excellent. We had just gotten off a 5 star cruise ship and the food compared to what we had on board. They made a picnic lunch with a cooler and we got away from the crowds at ruins and had great lunches by small out of the way ruins. As a photographer I got up before dawn and walked the surrounding village for some amazing shots. We stayed 4 nights (which is what I believe is needed to see the ruins including Beng Mealea and Tonle Sap Lake) and the last morning I used one of their bikes around the now familiar village dirt back roads.
After a day of climbing up and down ruins we looked forward to relaxing in our beautiful villa
at Sojourn.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2011

From the moment we arrived in Siem Reap, the Sojourn was responsible for making our holiday stress free. Our airport transfer was polite and friendly. Upon arriving we were made to feel welcome by the staff, whose courtesy extended throughout our entire break. The villas, set around a beautiful pool in tropical gardens were spotless and large with comfortable beds and ensuite which housed a separate shower and a bath you could easily fit 4 people in! (not that we tried).
Dining at the Sojourn provided a menu of Asian and Western choices, all tasting excellent and reasonably priced. Breakfast was cooked to order - a much nicer option than usual buffet in other hotels.
The complex is approx 7km from Siem Reap town. This is not a problem as it is easy to arrange a Tuk Tuk or car into town. The distance gives welcome rest from the noise and pollution of the town.
The ethos of the Sojourn is to assist the local village by providing employment, facilities such as clean drinking water and a recycling scheme, all of which can only be applauded. While you're there I can highly recommend the cookery class they run combined with a visit to a local residents home).
Simply - this place lives up to the reviews on here and more and I cannot fault anything about it.

• Stayed: January 2011