“This Gem is world class!”

Sojourn Boutique Villas
Ranked #19 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
San Diego
“This Gem is world class!”
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We just departed Sojourn a few days back on our Cambodia expedition and could have not been more pleased with our TA based selection. You all know the perils of planning from a distance and hoping the folks here are accurate in their perspectives. This gem was as wonderful as I hoped and the gratious staff went far beyond my difficult expectations to provide exemplary, world class service and facilities. All for a hundred bucks a night inclusive of too much to mention here! You get what you pay for and if you don't mind an idealic location 10 minutes out side of the mayhem of Angkor and down a dusty dirt road then give this piece of Nirvana a try. Pool, massages, food, transpo, tours, smiles and value were all outstanding- They set the standard for the rest of our trip!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Overall, I would rate this hotel very highly. To be honest, the hotel is an oasis in Siem Reap. While a little off of the beaten path, it is definitely the suggested path to take. A short $5 ride (with a driver that stays with you) to town allows you the connection to the town and the bars, while missing the noise and people of Siem Reap.

A couple of highlights, the food is fantastic. The breakfasts are great, and I doubted that they would be that good beforehand, but upon experiencing two of them, they truly are fantastic. Probably the best breakfasts that I have had in all of my travels in Asia.

A couple of notes worth knowing:
1. From the airport, it is about a 15 minute drive. The first third is on a paved road through town, no problem. The next two thirds go down non-paved roads with a couple of turns that may make your heart jump as one is a blind curve. At this point, I did ask myself, what did I get myself into. Again, no worries, right after the turn you turn into a walled compound that is great.
2. The floor is a little spartan in the rooms, but it is more of a fact of the tropical environment, and is quite warm.

Again, I loved my stay, I would recommend it to anyone, and if you have the chance to go to Siem Reap, I would suggest Sojourn Villas.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Our family booked 2 rooms (villas) and stayed here for 3 nights.
I chose Sojourn purely based on Tripadvisor reviews; and it didnt disappoint.

Big and clean room, good breakfast, free WIFI, nice pool, and located just outside the town (avoiding the town noise, but still easily reachable by tuktuk).

Special mention must go to the level of service provided by the hotel.
Mr. Han? who worked at the reception was extremely polite and helpful. He gave us good advice on our itenary in Siem Reap.
Tuktuk drivers and car driver from the hotel were also friendly, prompt, and worry-free. Especially superb was our driver (Mr. Sari?), who doubled as our tour guide for lake trip & Beng Melea trip. Very friendly, honest, chatty and informative man. He was so nice of a company, we invited him for our family dinner while in Siem Reap, twice!

My only 2 regrets were:
1. I didnt have enough time to do the cooking class.
2. I forgot to take a picture together with Mr. Sari!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Hadleigh
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My husband and I stayed in Sojourn Boutique - Siem Reap for four days, as part of a 10 day holiday in Cambodia. This hotel was our favourite by far, in all aspects. The staff is absolutely delightful, always ready to help, incredibly gracious and always smiling, quite a few of them come from the village where the hotel is situated.

The food is divine, the best we've eaten in Cambodia, the menu changed every day and was truly inspired! Very healthy, fresh flavours, and very refined. The galangal, lemongrass and coconut soup was the best I had ever tasted. I even lost weight while enjoying eating.... never happened before on holiday! Excellent wine, very reasonably priced too.

The rooms were very calming and relaxing, quite minimalist, with charcoal grey stone floor and white walls, decorated with fresh flowers and lovely crisp white linen, beautiful bathroom, some with a fabulous outdoor shower and very clean, set in gorgeous gardens.

The gardens and pool / pool bar were a great place to chill at the end of a temple seeing day. Again, lots of day beds, loungers to choose from, although the hotel was full, it never felt crowded.

The management operates as well a brilliant day tour operator centre in town called Beyond Unique, we did a lot of their tours which I highly recommend. The Beng Melea trip was very interesting, not so visited by tourists, so you felt a bit away from the beaten track, same thing with the cycling sunrise tour, which was a wonderful way to discover Cambodian way of life in small villages, markets and rice paddies, we set off at 5 in the morning and cycled with our guide through villages as they were coming to life, this is one of my best memories of our trip, the smells; wood fires in all households for their breakfast, the sights; always very colourful, the sounds of monasteries' morning music and chants, we really felt privileged to witness this without any other tourists around, just us and our lovely guide explaining the Cambodian way of life.

I did the cooking class in the afternoon, which was brilliant, I learned to cook a delicious Khmer chicken curry, spring rolls and coconut pancakes.

Last but not least, this hotel is an excellent example of sustainable tourism, they employ staff from the village they are situated in, they donate some of their profit to the village, which goes towards builing water pumps and even houses, they have a charity which again helps the village,so I did not have this feeling of unease I often have in poor countries, somehow I felt we had a positive rather than negative input.

It is great value for money, it is reasonably priced and the standard is very high, in terms of food, staff and accomodation.

I never go back to places I have been, but I have to say that with this hotel I am incredibly tempted to visit again!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2011

This was my 4th time to Siem Reap and it had changed almost unrecognisably since 2006. Sojourn was a welcome retreat from the craziness of all the tourists and big hotels in the main town. The local staff were the friendliest we'd ever encountered, the food was the best we had in Cambodia and the facilities were beautiful. We enjoyed returning to the pool for lunch and cocktails after a morning at the temples - it was just what we needed!!!

1 Thank Fi_and_Matt
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 February 2011

My family stayed at this hotel 3 nights. After the days we were there we understood quite well about it. It had a group helpful and friendly staff. When we came the staffs welcome us very warmly. The room was very clean and was decorated modern facilities.Staying in good room we always feel cozy and safe. The location is very comfortable to go shopping and to visiting. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I and my honey had a sweet honeymoon at Sojourn Boutique Villas when we came to Siem Reap - Combodia. A nice hotel with 10 private villas, good accommodations, friendly staffs and excellent services. I really missed the time after travelling, we watch sunset together, We imagined the day sinks into the palm trees. Besides this hotels also provided a "cooking classes", with only 22$/person, we were taught to make a Cambodian dish and enjoyed our it at the end. That make our honeymoon too amazing and memorable. And I'll suggest Sojourn hotels to my friends.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple