“My stay in Motherhome Guesthouse”

MotherHome Guesthouse
Ranked #79 of 529 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2013

"VERY" friendly staff..cheap rate...great service..delicious food...what can you ask for? It's like home away from home. I would surely recommend Motherhome Guesthouse if you visit Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side of the guesthouse are quieter,
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Our friends recommended this guest house and we decided to try whether things has changed after her visit in 2012. We had been traveling all night by bus to Siem Reap and arrived an one hour later then scheduled but the driver was still waiting for us. When we arrived to the hotel we got a cold curves and welcome drink. The rooms were spacious and quiet air conditioning and "fan" .The staff were really helpful and did everything that we felt like at home. Breakfast was good and varied. The hotel is about a 15min walk from the city center, in a very quiet side street.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Nalleysi
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My friends, my husband and I stayed in this guesthouse from April 23 to 28 of 2013. I had been putting off writing a review for this guesthouse; and it's just now that I share my wonderful experiences with this place after my husband's constant reminders.

We visited Siem Reap to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. My husband and I had always been curious about Angkor Wat. We were traveling with friends, so we had to make the trip as budget-friendly as possible. MotherHome Guesthouse appeared in the top list of B&B's in Siem Reap, and it did not disappoint!

Let me commend the owner, Kim Leang, who was very responsive to my emails. He was also flexible with our arrangements and provided prompt confirmation to our reservation.

The guesthouse feels a lot like home! When my husband and I first entered our room, we were absolutely surprised to see our bed showered with orchid petals!! The hotel staff created a very romantic welcome for us. They spelled out "I love u" on our bed using orchid petals and formed 2 swans using the towels. And can I just say that the flowers smelled so nice!!

Everytime we entered the hotel, coming from a tour or from a shopping trip, the receptionist always provided us with cold towels scented with some citrus and lemongrass.

The breakfast buffet is decent; but please don't expect a lot. Well, Khmer food, in general, is not as fabulous as other Asian dishes anyway. However, the food at the guesthouse is very affordable, so that's good enough.

If you are traveling with a group, say from 4 to 7 people, I recommend that you hire a van to take you to the temples. Motherhome has their roster of drivers, so you can just ask the reception for details and arrange sched. I highly suggest that you hire Mr. Titan. He had been our driver since day 1. That chap is very friendly and kind and can speak English better than some of the locals. He was so patient with us, considering that we were a demanding and noisy bunch of people! We were extremely satisfied with his service that we tipped him generously on our last day.

Motherhome Guesthouse is your home away from home. If I return to Siem Reap, I will definitely stay in this place again.

Other Tips:
* USD is the widely used currency. Please ready cash in small denominations, ie $1, $5, $10, $20.
* Ensure that your cash doesn't have creases or tears. Merchants and other establishments don't accept them, not even the stores at the airport.
* If you're a traveler from Manila, you should know by now that Cebu Pacific Air can be the cheapest airline, but its flights are always delayed! So you may wanna fly in via SIA/Silk Air.
* Visit Pub Street if you want to experience Siem Reap's night life. You can arrange a tuktuk with the reception to drive you to that street. 1 tuktuk ride costs only $3, and it can be shared by 3 to 4 people. :-)

Room Tip: The guesthouse does not have lifts. If you are traveling with at least 15 kg luggage, it's best...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I found Mother's Home 3 days after I arrived in Siem Reap. Wasn't happy about the first guest house I stayed, glad that I made the decision to move to Mother's Home. Reviews on Trip Advisor are pretty accurate for this place - nice clean room with western style bathroom, very cool air conditioning, friendly and polite staff, adequent buffet breakfast included in the room rate, free use of the bikes. I went to Battombang for 3 days then back to Siem Reap again and chose to stay with them again. The only complain I have is probably about the new girl at the reception when I checked out during my first stay, who is a bit slow and calculated my changes wrong twice. Happy with everything else thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We were well taken care of by the staff especially Sanya and Maly..they never fail to put a smile on their face and offer amazing service to fulfill our request..Food were great..room was nice too..it was a worthwhile 5 days stay...

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Room is clean, basic toiletries provided, fully air conditioned (that works!) a fan (in case it's not cold enough ^_^, breakfast selection is good (they have an egg & noodle station) and staffs that are very warm & friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013

First time to stay at a guest house to be honest, i was inquiring the Motherhome Boutique Hotel but they were not available on the date i wanted, the super friendly owner replied my emails very promptly ( i never meet him in person). i stayed from the Guest house then moved to Boutique hotel and at last at their INN. Their hospitality is top notch. the room is super clean, the staff are amazing super friendly and polite, I remember Mali a girl at front desk she is very helpful , and Shang a guy at front desk as well saw him working at MH iNN and MH boutique as well, he was so efficient and knowledgeable.
the standard here It was just to good for a guest house!!
The best thing is the at home feeling especially when you traveling on your own
KUDOS !!! to all the team

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo