I had always heard that I should visit Angkor Wat sometime in my lifetime and finally I got the chance. We decided to stay at the Cockatoo but we knew little about it and I did not have a lot of high expectations. We arrived at night and a friendly driver appeared at the airport with my name on a board and he escorted us to the van waiting for our guests. No hassle. After a short drive, the gate was pulled back and we were astounded to see the beautiful hotel. The pool was lit. The lighting around the tropical gardens surrounding our rooms was breathtaking. We were offered a welcome drink on the open veranda and it felt like we were in a really good movie. It was like something out of a dream. For the week we stayed there every detail was arranged meticulously by the gracious staff. We became so attached to our tuk tuk driver who works for the hotel that we all actually cried at the airport when we left. We have traveled to many countries and had so many experiences but the experience of the Cockatoo is really over the top. It's truly the best boutique hotel I have ever stayed at. I loved the rooms by the pool. Also the cottages are perfect for someone wanting to spend a little more time. The open feeling of the resort puts everyone in a relaxed mood. The rooms are large and comfortable. The location is perfect as it is so close to town yet seems to be a world away. The last night the owners prepared a feast that was out of this world. Everything about the resort was perfect. One of my favorite things was looking at the stars at night from the pool. Other "boutique hotels" in the area were noisy and much more cramped with smaller rooms. I can really say it is the nicest place I have stayed at in memory and I can't wait to go again every year and hopefully bring groups of people in the future. It would be perfect for a retreat or special event. Who knew you had family in Cambodia? It's turns out you do at the Cockatoo Resort. Thank you so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cockatoo Nature Resort & Spa is a luxury resort, which is located in a quiet place in spite of the short walk to the old market, and Angkor Night Market. The Japanese owner has built the new building next door which called the Cockatoo ANNEX, opened in January 2016. There are modern facilities as cable TV and spacious room with a balcony, bathtub, Tea & Coffee Maker, safety deposit box, Wi-Fi, and Swimming pool. It has two floors only. We have a Cambodian staffs who can speaks a basic Japanese & English for"hospitality". Stay with us you feel like home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Odigeo so you can book your The Cockatoo Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cockatoo Resort & Restaurant Hotel Siem Reap
- The Cockatoo Resort And Restaurant