“Feedback on stay at Best Western Suites in Siem Reap”

Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor
Ranked #184 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My daughters and I stayed at the Best Western Suites in Siem Reap for 4 nights over the Easter weekend. The accommodations were nice and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. The food was good. We ate in the restaurant and had room service. Breakfast was included in the room rate; however, the breakfast lacked variety and was the same every day. We had a huge spider in our room that we saw before going to sleep. The staff was kind about coming to kill it because it was too high for me to reach. However, it did creep me out a bit. I think that's part of being in a lesser developed area of the world. Also, the safe was broken, so I was unable to use it. The room was cleaned, and all of my items were fine. The room/suite was very spacious, and my daughters loved having our own plunge pool. The hotel is located outside the city center which was nice for me and my daughters. If you want to be close to the night scene, I'd stay in the city. If I traveled to Siem Reap again, I would stay here and had an overall very good experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Best Western S, Manager at Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for posting your freview to Trip Advisor.
I am glad to know that you and your two beautiful daughters had a wonderful stay with us.
Although that everything was not perfect, well at least overall, your experience was that of a positive one.
I will share your comments with our team members as feedback is what we learn from and what assists us in improving on what we do in all areas.
Again thank you and let me know your next trip visit to Best Western Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor so I could assist your requirements personally.

Best Regards,
Kris Sabado

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I checked in at Angkor Suites and Sweet after a three-day stay at a hotel near the Old Market. It was a longish tuktuk ride (about 15 minutes) from the Old Market, so Angkor Suites and Sweet Resort is not centrally located. This, I think, is an advantage: you are away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but not really because the city is just a 15-minute tuktuk ride. The resort has a stable of tuktuk drivers and so tuktuks are available almost on demand. Also if you need to leave and return to the hotel from 6 pm to 10 pm, the hotel takes care of your fare (3 USD per way). The tuktuk drivers that they contract are all very polite and helpful and speak English reasonably well.
The hotel staff are very warm and helpful. They are sincerely happy to be of service, from calling tuktuks to booking tours to arranging airport transfers to many other small things. The manager, Kris, very graciously volunteered to extend late check-out to 8 pm when she learned that our flight was not until 1030 pm. Plus, the car that took us to the airport was complimentary from the hotel. Talk about warmth and hospitality.
The resort itself is delightful: the suites are built on stilts over a lotus pond. Our room was huge, with its own living room and wading pool. We also had a porch that was perched on the pond. Great for relaxing and reading!
Breakfast was invariably big, consisting of eggs, sausages, bacon, bread, fresh fruits, freshly squeezed juice and bottomless coffee. We didn't try the restaurant, but we suspect the food was good, judging from the breakfast.
We would recommend the resort to couples who want quiet time, and to families with children because of the large rooms.

Room Tip: Request for a room that is far from the restaurant. That way you will have more privacy and you will...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank WRegidor
Best Western S, Manager at Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for sharing your lovely experience during your recent stay with us and taking time to post feedback on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted that you and your wife had a great time in the resort.

Thank you for recognizing the hospitality provided by our team and appreciating the level of service we have provided from breakfast, tuktuk, plunge pool and other facilities, it is indeed most appreciated.

On behalf of the team members, we wish you our warmest regards

Kris Sabado

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have recently stayed at Suites and Sweet Hotel, Siem Reap, for the second time. It is a delightful hotel,with well appointed spacious and very comfortable individual villas surrounding a lotus lake. Each has a plunge pool to refresh after a day visiting the magnificent sites of Angkor. The restaurant is relaxed, and overlooks the lake. The food and drinks are excellent. The staff of the entire hotel are most friendly and courteous, and anxious to help and oblige. We had a guide, car, and driver for 3 days arranged by the hotel, and this too was an excellent service.
I recommend without reservation this hotel for an enjoyable, interesting, and relaxing time in Siem Reap.
Keith Manchester (Prof)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keith M
Best Western S, Manager at Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at Best Western Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor. It was pleasing to read how you enjoyed and had a great time with your family while you stay in the resort.
I have communicated to the team member about your comments. We will keep this in mind and will go extra mile to maintain and inspire us to do better and best!
Again thank you for staying with us and for the positive feedback.

Let me know if you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you come to Siem Reap to experience the wonders without the noise and congestion of downtown or the strip of hotels on Airport Road, this is the hotel for you. Gorgeous setting around a pond, your own pool to soak in, and quiet. Excellent for families with kids. The staff are great. They bend over backwards to make things right. We came during Cambodian New Years when there were not as many staff or guests, but the staff were amazingly prompt in attending to problems.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guests,

It was such an overwhelming to know that you had a wonderful trip while stayed with us.

So and again, thank you! We really do appreciate your positive words and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Best Western Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor Siem Reap again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We are a family of 3 and we stayed at this resort for one week in February while visiting Siem Reap Cambodia and we had a wonderful time. The place is away from the city but you can get a tuk-tuk for 3 dollars and get to Pub Street in less that 10 minutes. The staff is very helpful, welcoming and kind. They even help us to organize our daily tours around Siem Reap.
The resort is very small (only 18 villas) and private. We enjoyed having a private pool in our suite by the lake and being away from the crowed of the city when it was time to go to bed. The breakfast buffet was okay. I think that they should have more things to offer. Above all, we enjoy our stay!
Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Thank dwilca .

Dear valued Guests,

Thank you for the positive review though your stay was in February 2014 but you still keep us in mind and that only shows that we made your stay a memorable one.
It is our great pleasure that you highlight our private plunge pool for each suites, it is so delighted that you enjoyed our facility.
I conveyed your feedback to all our team members and have informed the F&B team to do better with regards to the breakfast, such a review will motivate us exert better.
Looking forward to see you and your family on your next to visit to Siem Reap and just let me know so I could assist you personally.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We spent 3 nights in this nice hotel. Rooms was clean located in the beautiful garden with small lake. It was quite far from city center and not all tuk tuk drivers knows that place. Hotel has free tuk tuk service (18:00-22:00), we used is every day. Stuff was very helpful with good English.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Best Western S, Owner at Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear valued Guests and Friends,

Thanks again for your great review. We do appreciate. Best regards. Christian IZARD

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I went the hotel last month.I went to many hotels when I traveled Europe but I definetely say this hotel is the best. I arrived the hotel at 9p.m but the owner let me use the spa. He even explain how to use it nicely. Theroom was fabulous with local decorations. Most of all,I left my shoes in the room so asked the owner to send my shoes. He sent my shoes to Korea, where I live as fast as he can. I really appreciate it. It's hard to write a review for such a nice hotelas suits&sweet hotel with my poor English.. But I assure if you want to enjoy your trip, you should make a reservation at this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
Best Western S, Owner at Suites and Sweet Resort Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear valued Guest,

Thanks to post a review and... What a review ! We do appreciate very much because your mother tongue is Korean. You are always more than welcome to BEST WESTERN Suites And Sweet resort Angkor. .
Kindest regards. Christian IZARD - Owner