“A very happy way to pass a morning profitably” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School

Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School
Ranked #4 of 19 Food & Drink in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect way to learn the secrets of Khmer cooking at Le Tigre de Papier’s cooking school. After picking your favourite dish from the menu (one starter, one main course and one dessert), join one of the daily classes and you will be taught how to prepare the dish for yourself by one of our Khmer chefs. Then you will be able to taste your dishes ! The price is $12 including a guided visit of the central market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lanzarote, Spain
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A very happy way to pass a morning profitably”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our class of six people was totally absorbed in the preparation and cooking of our chosen dishes. We each chose a starter and a main from the menu, then went with our efficient and lovely cooking facilitator, Sevuen, to see and buy the ingredients in the market over the way.
Amazingly the many dishes all came together in time for our delicious lunch. The kitchen was clean, as were all utensils and joy of joys, no MSG is used. Do squeeze this into your itinerary. You'll have happy meals for ever as they provide you with the recipes too. Excellent value for money.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Good fun class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We took the 10am morning class for $14. My friend and I were joined by 4 others and it was a very friendly group. I love to do a cooking course when I travel and this one was good fun, thanks to the instructor. You choose from the restaurant menu what you would like to make, have a quick tour of the nearby food market, then go upstairs to prepare your meal. Unfortunately I started to feel ill so after chopping everything I had to leave. My friend came back buzzing about how much fun she had. The instructor cooked my food for me and sent it with my friend in takeaway containers. I was really impressed with this - she even gave me the certificate everyone receives. I would recommend this activity for something fun to do in Siem Reap.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Stephanie F
Brighton, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had a great time and the instructor was a hoot keeping us running and cooking :)
The portions are huge and selection wide. We did it in the evening so it was cooler vs the daytime.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Delicious food; a little rushed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed the delicious food we made in this class and the cost is super reasonable. Our class was only 5 people and we made enough food to feed double that and it was all so good. We had a group meal at the end and everyone in our group shared their goodies. We made amok, curries, papaya salad, banana flower salad, spring rolls, and pumpkin soup and they were honestly all absolutely delicious. The instructor is very friendly.
The part that could use improvement was the trip to the market and the instruction during cooking. She really rushed our group through the market and was talking while she walked through the crowded market so none of us could really hear what she was saying. While preparing the food, she often told only person how to prepare or cut something and then assumed everyone heard/saw her even if we were on opposite ends of the room and could not see what they were making.
She was amazed at how quickly we were done (an hour earlier than she usually gets done) and it turned out she was more used to leading classes of 10+ students so she whizzed through our small group at the same pace which made it seem a little odd.
Overall a great time with good food but could have been a little more enjoyable if the instructor had slowed down a bit. She emailed us the recipes so hopefully we can recreate some at home.

Perth, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

One of the highlights of my Siem Reap stay.The chef brilliantly managed about 8 of us choosing different dishes from their menu. We visited the local market which was an eye-opener, where she showed us the ingredients used (veges, herbs, spices, meat and seafood) We prepared with her expert advice,cooked and ate all for $14. Delicious and too much to eat (3 courses!!) Then the recipes were emailed to us. Well worth it.