“Exciting Way to Learn Local Cooking”

Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect way to learn the secrets of Khmer cooking at Le Tigre de Papier’s cooking school. After picking your favourite dish from the menu (one starter, one main course and one dessert), join one of the daily classes and you will be taught how to prepare the dish for yourself by one of our Khmer chefs. Then you will be able to taste your dishes ! The price is $12 including a guided visit of the central market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Exciting Way to Learn Local Cooking”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Found out about this place through recommendation on the internet and I am so pleased that I went to join the cooking class on the last day of my stay in Siem Reap.

The teacher first took us to the Old Market to get some of the ingredients. It's an eye opening experience because you get to see how the local wet market goes and how the locals shop for food. The noise, the smell and the scene can be very shocking but interesting at the same time.

You can pick one starter, one or two main and one dessert to learn to cook. The teacher taught everyone how to prepare and also all the tricks that we need to know when we cook certain dishes.

At the end, we got to sit down and enjoy our food and to share our cookings with other students in the class. It is really an exciting and fun way to explore Cambodian/Khmer cooking!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience for the whole family”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I did the cooking class with my husband and two kids (11 and 10 years old). Great tour of the markets before the class. The staff were attentive and helpful and really made the experience a highlight of our Siem Reap holiday. They were patient with the kids and let them have an authentic experience. Thanks Channy and team.

Visited July 2014
Singapore, Singapore
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great cooking experience”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I really enjoyed my 3hr of cooking lesson here. I really got to have a hands-on experience preparing most of the dishes, and even learnt to do simple vegetable carving. The food portion that I prepared was quite a lot and delicious. Great value & experience for the amount I paid. Highly recommended

Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun and a great Khmer cuisine experience”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you love food, you have to try this class. It was a great experience, and a good break from all the temple sightseeing. I got to learn what ingredients and effort a Khmer dish needs.
Our instructor Channy was patient and clear in instructions, and fun to cook with to boot. The best highlight was the visit to the Old Market. Going through the market with a local makes it easy to take awesome photos, as I felt more comfortable and blended right in. We had a chance to buy some mangosteens as well with Channy's help. She asked for the price and even helped pick up the best ones. My regret was not buying more.
The food portion was very large. A salad is big enough for two people. Great value for your money and time.

Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Delicious learning”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I think this is the best way to get to know the Khmer food culture. We had a group of four, that seems to be just a perfect number for all to get the needed attention.

First we started by choosing what we like to cook from the restaurant menu. The we headed to the market, not to buy all ingridients but to learn about all the offerings they have for sale. After the market we started preparing the dishes. Khmer cookig is hard work so prepare to sweat a lot.

The instructions were clear and all ingridients were introduced nicely. The food we ened up with was delicious and the quantity was overwhelming.

The cooking takes the whole 3 hours so make sure you have time for eating too.

The class is highly recommended for anybody interrested about local flavours