“Absolutely amazing!”

Ranked #178 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This would have to be the most interesting hotel we have ever stayed in. When my husband & I walked into our room (standard) we both said "wow!". The design is amazing, there is a large water feature and on one side you step up to the shower and on the other you step up to the basin, the toilet is separate.
Some people have said about the smell in other reviews, but we both really liked it, it smells like an antique shop!
Our bed was really comfortable and the room was a good size.
The swimming pool was lovely and also very clean.
We had breakfast included and it was good however the portions were small. The coffee was great - espresso, and included with the breakfast. The restaurant is really beautiful too, with lovely surroundings.
I do have to say though that this place wouldn't suit everyone as the shower is in the bedroom, I wouldn't want to have my older children sharing with us and it probably wouldn't be very comfortable for friends or elderly people, but perfect for couples.
The location of the hotel is great, a few minutes walk to pub street and the staff are lovely and very helpful.
If you want to experience something totally different then I would definitely recommend Terrasse des Elephants.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Kigali, Rwanda
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. The swimming pool is a welcome respite from the heat after a long day of sight seeing at the temples. The staff are very friendly and helpful and kind. The design and decor of the rooms is so unique. Its worth a stay just for that experience. Its something different to what you will normally experience in a hotel room. The shower experience is very interesting albeit a little stinky and we arent quite sure how the water feature gets cleaned - if it ever does, but nonetheless its really authentic and adds to the experience of Siem Riep. Whilst the room is full of character and you will receive a fresh fruit basket everyday which is a lovely touch, the toilet was expectionally dirty. It is possible that the dim light does not aid thorough cleaning...so ladies, do not look under the toilet seat....I just kind of pretended I had not seen the filth so that it wouldnt ruin the experience. Overall we had a lovely time here and would definately recommend it. The restuarant waiters were brilliant! So polite and the food was amazing!
On a completely side note, to the ladies with highlighted blonde hair, the water is very high in copper and the combination of the shower water and the swimming pool water has turned my hair green - not serious but just something to be aware of.... :-)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights. The room is large and very unique. There is zero privacy when it comes to the shower so don’t get a room here if you are shy. It was perfect for my husband & I on our honeymoon though. Although the room is large it smelt AWFUL! It was terribly musty, so much so it was hard to fall asleep. It felt like you were choking on the musty stench. The rooftop pool is clean & refreshing after a long day exploring Angkor Wat. The drinks however are very expensive. The hotel is in a PRIME location, only 2 minute walk from the night market. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

Connecticut
Reviewed 7 October 2013

If this is in your budget, do yourself a favor and stay here. Nowhere else in the world for this kind of money will you experience such outrageously interesting room designs! Flip thru the photos, take a look- you will understand what I mean. In Siem Reap there are ton of places to stay, but why not stay somewhere unique? Big block hotels, blah! How about having in your room a gigantic Bayon faced water fountain, lilly pads floating in a pond with a bridge that crosses the pond leading to the shower, monkey statues holding up the woven palm frond ceiling, and half wall paneling filled with intricate bas relief design?

And the rest of the hotel, beautiful. Sweeping staircases, balconies, terraces, a rooftop pool, all in grand style. Oh, and there are elephants everywhere. Elephants! How cool is that! Really, forgo all the rest, stay here, take lots of pictures, and let all your friends faces light up with jealousy over the sheer awesomeness of this place.

And the location? The best. Two streets away from Pub Street, the river, the Old Market, and both Night Markets. But quiet. And did I mention Elephants? Lol. We stayed three nights, and on the last day they let us shower in a room after a day out in Angkor before departure. Very nice!

Geelong
Reviewed 2 October 2013

When finding this hotel online I couldnt go past it, the pictures were beautiful and reviews great. We had a superior room, (201). The room was like something out of a story book. We travel often and never before have we stayed in a room with so much character. The room was huge, with a king sized bed. It contained a separate sitting area and a separate door leading out to a balcony area, which in turn led to our private entrance into the restuarant below. Our room was maticulously attended to morning, and night for a turn down service. Fresh fruit and flowers were placed in our room each day, as was bottled water. Breakfast was plentiful and lovely, restuarant food was lovely and reasonably priced. Staff were attentative and helpful in anyway they could be. The pool area was a lovely area to sit back with a book and relax. Wifi didnt work in our room but we had a good connection poolside and in the restuarant. Perfect location, minimarts, travel agents and plenty of cheap spas across the street and a short easy amble to day markets, night markets and pub street.

1 Thank MelGeelong
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I wanted to write a review immediately as I've just left. It wasnt super cheap (I was travelling solo which is never cheap if you want your own room!) but as I only had 24hrs in Siem Reap & was staying there en route to London I wanted to get someone nice.

it didnt disappoint... well not immediately. Unfortunately the fountain in my room wouldnt stop dripping & the staff moved me immediately. Then though my new room's a/c wasnt great so I just couldnt sleep (jet lag was a killer!) & also the hot water didnt work at 6am when I woke up for Angkor Wat.

The staff were really nice though & did their best to accomodate. This has an awesome location, a decent breakfast (tho small) & a pool on the roof which is cool if sunny. They also helped w a driver for Ankgor Wat. I'd stay here & make sure everything in your room works!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jamesrose
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We spent 5 days here in a superior room - really like a suite - king size bed with an extra room with couch and table (which had fresh fruit on it every day) there was also a balcony off this that had a majestic staircase down to a wonderful sitting area with lots of couches and fans - you felt like you were back in the 1920s in the French colonial times. The room service was great with lovely meals sent within 20mins delivered to where ever you wanted - usually the pool area. The pool on the roof was great - the food in the restaurant was great and not a lot more than what you'd pay at a similar restaurant in The Alley. The location was amazing - 2 minutes and you were in the thick of it - the night market, the day market, the Alley Street or Pub Street. Rooms are quiet and quirky and a little dark, but this added to the atmosphere. Mattress was firm/hard - but staff fixed this by putting blankets on top and you had to ask for a hairdryer - but not a problem it was always at the door in a minute or so. The staff were only too helpful. You also should try the absolutely wonderful "coffee scrub followed by the honey massage" in the spa next door - magical - followed by ginger and honey tea. Divine.

Room Tip: The water feature in the bedroom/bathroom can be turned off - there's a switch on the wall near...