As a couple we prefer Hotels that are close to the heart of the city to experience the culture and commercial (read shopping) aspects. We picked this hotel for the same reason - it's walking distance to the numerous Night Markets and the Pub Street in Siem Reap. We stayed here for 4 nights and overall very happy with the place - especially the management of the Hotel.
What to expect
1. This is a boutique hotel and has a water feature like the Bayon Temple In each of the rooms, with lotus flowers and leafs which I found really cool.
2. Another fun part is the open shower in the rooms. It's an interesting feature and adds to the overall 'different' experience.
3. Given the greenery around, there tends to be some humidity in the rooms. Do note that this city is around a lot of greenery and it is not uncommon to find small insects in the room. Call housekeeping if u see anything and they fix it promptly. Do carry some mosquito repellents nevertheless - you need it this city.
4. The staff is very courteous and non-intrusive.
5. The hotel restaurant serves excellent Khmer food - and customises dishes for vegetarians. At one instance my veg dish had chicken in it - but the management was very prompt and responsive to address the issue.
6. The hotel has free wifi that works well in the pool area, restaurant and rooms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is very conveniently located in the heart of Siem Reap town. Surrounded by galleries, boutiques, restaurants & cafes, the central bus station, the Old Market (Phsar Chas) and the Pub Street, our hotel guests have everything in just 3 mins walking distance. The hotel is a perfect place to start your explorations of one of the world's architectural wonders, the famous temples of Angkor. The hotel is approximately 6km from Siem Reap International airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Terrasse des Elephants reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrasse Des Elephants Hotel Siem Reap