“Good value for money, with nice and big clean rooms”

Jasmine Family Hostel
Ranked #164 of 267 Speciality Lodging in Siem Reap
Chester
“Good value for money, with nice and big clean rooms”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Me and my friend (two girls) arrived at the hostel after about 12 hours travelling. We arrived in torrential rain and were told we had come to the wrong jasmine hostel and we were booked in across the road. So we trekked over in the rain with our bags, to then be told we were actually in the first one we had gone to. This was slightly annoying and we were not massively impressed, but the guy at the desk was apologetic and actually gave us a cheaper room as we had originally booked a 3 persons because the website said 2 was unavailable so that was good.
This was the only problem we had with the hostel. All the staff were really friendly and helpful, and the rooms (we stayed in a private double) were big with nice facilities, the bathroom is a washroom but it's fine. Nice and clean and we felt safe throughout our stay. The pool isn't huge but it's nice to have.
The hostel is a little away from the centre of town, but we liked it because it was a bit quieter, although there was some building work right outside our room (not the hostels fault). You can get a tuk tuk really easily, costing about $2.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely say it's good value for money and would stay again if we were ever in Siem Reap again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tandy92

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here for one night only, as the service here seemed heartfelt, but really inconvenienced me. I was left waiting at the airport for over 30 minutes when my online booking didn't show up in their system and, upon arriving and calling the hostel, the driver struggled to find me at the correct terminal. The next morning my breakfast order was somehow lost, leaving me scrambling to make a tour of Angkor Wat on time. Packed my bags and headed for a different hostel. Hope this one fixes whatever issues caused these problems, as they seemed like really nice people.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the ground floor, as there is no wifi above the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay from start to finish at the Jasmine family hostel. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The pool is wonderful and refreshing, a very nice size also. Our room was fantastic, very spacious, nicely decorated and extremely clean. The location is rather set back from the main part of siem reap (pub street/night market) but there are lots of tuk tuk drivers around and it only costs $2 to get into the main part. For us it was the perfect location as we could enjoy the nightlife and then return home to a good night sleep ready to see the temples in the morning. There is also lots of opportunities to meet other travellers around the pool area.
I would recommend this place and I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank emmat90
Bucaramanga, Colombia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here with our family and really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. The rooms were clean, bright and airy. Staff were very helpful and a nice breakfast to start the day. Added bonus was the pool which is not huge but very welcome at the end of a day exploring the various temples.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I loved my time here. Always someone to chat to around the pool. My room was immaculate and cool soft bed and I found the staff lots of fun. Actually I have stayed 5 star in Siem Reap but I prefer the friendly laid back staff and travellers at Jasmine. Thanks for a fun holiday and see you soon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fairkatie
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This place is ok. Down a dark and seedy alley.
The pool is great the breakfast good.
The rooms were average with stains on the mattresses and no toilet paper in some rooms.
The dorm beds are up the tiniest, wobbliest metal stair case which is hard and unsafe to climb.
The light bulb had been taken out of the room and the receptionist blamed it on the past guest.
Bit of a strange place and not worth the money.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel was excellent. They met me at the airport for a free pick up. I stayed in a single room with AC. Had table and chairs ouside my room and in the shade overlooking the pool. Very clean and great breakfast. Very nice family run place. Helpful with onward travel bookings and info

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo