“A quiet little heaven of a haven !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel

MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“A quiet little heaven of a haven !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Men's has it all!
It's an all-in-one cute little boutique hotel with everything you may need.
Extremely clean rooms with attached bathrooms, a fully equipped gym, a bar, a restaurant, a sauna, a steam room,large 15m swimming pool, private booths, massage parlor and trained masseurs for your ultimate massage pleasure. Laundry service available and free wi-fi. Your room price includes all the facilities and free breakfast.
The management also provides you with first hand knowledge of the area and any questions you may have along with maps. They also arrange you tour guides and transportation at a very reasonable price. My guide was great and his knowledge of Angkor Wat and the area was beyond expectation.
Prices in the restaurant are extremely reasonable; most dishes are priced between $ 4 and $ 7. You have a choice between European and Local Khmer dishes. I do recommend the Club Sandwich or the Beef Lok Lak.
It was a pleasure to wake up in the morning and watch staff clean the hotel thoroughly before everyone wakes up and clean with a fine comb; without missing a corner.
The price of the room and the service were the main attraction. Service by the staff was incredible; always available to accommodate you.
It was hard to believe that the hotel was so close to the main road which is also part of highway number 6, yet you heard no traffic from the road.
Most evenings the locals come to use the gym, sauna etc., they are very friendly and like to improve their English by talking to you.
It was a pleasure to stay at Men's.

4 Thank hzy16c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cahuita
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed two nights at Men’s hotel. The standard rooms are a little small but nicely appointed and I believe they have larger suites available. The hotel was immaculate, very design and reasonably priced. Breakfast was excellent and although I didn’t dine there in the evening, they have what looks like an interesting, varied menu. The hotel is a fair walk into town but a short tuk tuk ride. Don’t even think about walking the alley to the main road at night during rainy season. There was no tuk tuk in front of the hotel when we went out and we were too impatient to wait for the hotel to call one so we had to walk through mud and puddles. Our mistake. The staff were friendly and efficient. All in all a really nice place to stay, highly recommended.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marise V
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I know, some will be shocked by my rating. I would have given it 5 stars except for one, pretty major problem (which I'll get to in a minute). At any other hotel, the issue would have resulted in a one star, but I really did like most everything else.

First, the positives. Amazing property, immaculate and well maintained. Very modern, hip. Rooms are spacious (I stayed in a standard room). Price was about what the very fancy, large hotels in Siem Reap ($49 a night, I was there in the off season), but Men's was much more personal and friendly. Only 10 rooms on site; after staying 3 nights I knew most of the workers and they knew me. The last night I was the only person staying there! Some might say that was a negative, but I loved it.

They are great at arranging a Tuk Tuk for you, a tour of the temples, and figuring out your travel plans. They are attentive and really take much care in serving their guests. It rained the whole time I was there and the city was flooded, so I spent a lot of time at the hotel and really got to know it. I can say it felt like home by the time I left.

A word about the massage. Maybe this was just the masseur I had, but let's just say it is a VERY personal massage. It is probably what they have found most guests want; I really just wanted a relaxing massage, nothing more. He was very good, but prepare for a very intimate experience.

Also a word about the location. It is a ways from the city center, which is nice. But it is definitely down a very skinny alley/dirt road. Just be prepared. Not a big deal, but don't think you'll be right in the heart of the action (for good and/or bad).

Okay, so here was the negative. I caught Hot Tub Rash (Pseudomonas dermatitis / Folliculitis) from their hot tub. It is not the end of the world, the rash goes away in about a week; but let me tell you, I was itching the whole time on my 15 hour flight home. Not fun.

I know this is Cambodia, which is why I am not totally writing off this place. They probably do not have the same chemicals to care for a hot tub. And perhaps this was really an isolated, one time incident where something was just overlooked. But for such a nice hotel that caters towards high end guests, this should not have happened.

Again, LOVED the hotel, the room, the grounds, the spa, the employees, the care. However, this one mistake very nearly ruined my stay. I know they will get it fixed and doubt this will happen again, but I feel I must post this as a word of warning so it will not happen again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Alan W
sopheara, Owner at MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Dear Sir,

thank you for your stay at MEN's and for the time you spent to write that long and very strange review. All your compliments are highly appreciated. And we are very sorry about your health problem.

Now. I said "very strange review" because it is hard to understand how it is possible to LOVE a place with so many compliments and in the same time to do a terrible accusation on that same place. How is it possible to put an above average mark on "cleanliness" and in the same time write something horrible on a supposed lack of maintenance? How is it possible that after "such a problem" you didn't spend a few minutes to write us an email in order to inform us before that review?

According to TripAdvisor rules we have no other choice than to write that response. Because, as they say, "there are two sides to every story".

Then, here is our side of this story:

You arrived in Siem Reap by bus from Phnom Penh, and you stayed 3 nights and 3 days in our Resort. On every evening you used our facilities including our Jacuzzi (that you call hot tub). During all those three days you never complained about any skin allergy. Then you took a bus back to Phnom Penh were you stayed one more day. There, again, no skin allergy.
So. It is only after four days that you used our Jacuzzi, and two days after you left our hotel, that you had that skin problem during your flight back to your country.

As you wrote it, during your stay in Cambodia, it was raining quite a lot, and many streets were flooded. When instead of using dry tuk-tuk or taxi, you were walking in the dirty water of some flooded streets; you were also exposed to many kinds of skin infection.

When you had some of your meals in some local street eateries, you were again exposed to many kinds of infection that could result to skin itching.

Don't you think that after your "Cambodian adventure" there could be many reasons to that skin allergy which suddenly appears four days after you used our facilities? Don't you think it is unfair to do such a charge against us without any room for doubt?

Now, regarding the cleanliness and maintenance of our spa facilities,

Yes Sir, that's true that we are in Cambodia. But cleanliness is not a question of country.
The maintenance of our swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna are supported by an external company. Those of our guests who are up early in the morning, could see that company staff cleaning the facilities, and doing water tests every day. Yes Sir, with the same chemicals that you could find in your country, even we are in Cambodia.

We have now operated our Spa for nearly two years. We have a lot of regular guests who hopefully have never suffered any kind of skin infection. Many reviewers have praised the cleanliness of our facilities. Some of them even said that many spas in New York or Seattle are not that clean.

Though we never had any such problem before, it is still possible that an incident happen. But, what is really unfair is that you have so much certitude in your charge.

And, next time if you have such a problem. What of course, we wish you not. Please don't wait three weeks but immediately give notice of it directly to that venue. If the problem was real, can you imagine how many people could have been contaminated!

Anyway, that review will encourage us to continue our efforts for high level on maintenance, service and quality for the comfort of our guests.

kind regards,

You Sopheara
Managing Director
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I recently took a long weekend holiday and stayed at the Men's Resort in Siem Reap. The accomodations were very comfortable, and the property is well cared for with great amenities. I found the service 5-star, attentive, caring and intuitive! The front desk anticipated many of my needs and guided me towards a very comfortable and relaxing weekend. I will stay here again on my next visit to Siem Reap.

Room Tip: splurge on the upgrade, well worth the extra few dollars! rooms are remarkably spacious and appoint...
2 Thank mtn_bear_colo
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed at the Men's resort for 4 nights in August and absolutely loved it... the owner Pierre and the manager were always on hand to make sure that we were comfortable and enjoying our stay... the room was spotlessly clean and the faciliites were immaculate. Although the gym equipment has seen better days, it is a nice addition to the overall resort and I met quite a few ex-pats who live in Siem Reap by working out at the gym. After about 5pm, the poolside restaurant begins to liven up with locals and ex pats alike, making for a fun and interesting social scene. I would highly recommend this property for gay couples or singles who want a bit a bit of peace and quiet in a lovely tranquil setting. Thanks to Sopera and Pierre for a lovely stay!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kansasforever
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

I had a wonderful visit to this men only resort in siem riep. The owner and all the staff gave a very good welcome and a well arrangement of my visit. And also a salt water pool was great. Cant wait to come back to this place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank NurulHuda038
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

The room was spacious, very clean, modern. Loved the shower
We had a standard room which was more than enough.
The owner and the staff very ever so friendly and helpful.

Hotel was set somewhere very quiet and was only a $1 tuk-tuk ride from the restaurants. This was great as we were far fromthe hustle and bustle.

Would definitely come here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple