MEN's Resort & Spa - Gay Hotel
US$198
US$178
US$148
US$144
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$167
Priceline
US$196
US$191
All reviewslocal guysgay saunagay travelerssauna areasteam roomtuk tukmassage servicegreat facilitiesangkor watan oasisvisit to siem reapairport transferafter a long daypub streetnice pooltourscambodia
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Great place, the owners have really gotten the running of this place spot on.

1. Rooms are lovely, and the bar and pool area is friendly.
2. You can walk to Pub Street in about half an hour. Not a bad walk, but you're probably best to get a tuk tuk back.
3. They can arrange the trip to Angkor Wat for you, and the prices are very reasonable.
4. Don't miss out on going out on the lake; it was my favourite day.

Will certainly go back to this resort when I go back to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank andywlon
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My travels have taken me to many countries throughout the world. I have never had a more pleasant experience than I had while I visited Siem Reap and MEN's Resort and Spa. My room was extremely comfortable, the rainfall shower head was most refreshing, the bed was excellent, and the overall ambience was outstanding. Perhaps the greatest asset of the MEN's Resort is the terrific management and staff. Everyone was gracious and very, very helpful. The facilities are outstanding and it was so nice to be able to return from heavy duty sightseeing and be able to get in a sauna and then have a first class massage. It was also extremely helpful to have staff arrange for tours, shopping trips and dining experiences. The location is very good and it is very inexpensive to get transportation to the city center of Siem Reap. The meals are first class. I will certainly visit Siem Reap and MEN's Resort and Spa as soon as possible. In fact, I would love to vacation there every couple of months except the travel from the East Coast of the USA is exhausting. I can't recommend this Resort too highly and I commend Pierre and his partner for creating a space that is gay friendly and accommodating without being over the top. Thanks go to Pierre and his partner and all the staff. They and the facilities are simply wonderful.

Room Tip: I was in room 8 and loved everything about it. I'm sure all the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jhp2411
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My partner and I stayed at Men's Resort for 4 nights in December 2010. We were looking for a hotel as a base for visiting the Angkor temples, and while looking through all the reviews, I was surprised - and pleased - to find one listed as a gay hotel. I was a little nervous about booking it, as we didn't want some of the in-your-face antics that sometimes come as part of a 'gay hotel' package. I need not have worried. The experience was first class.

We were warmly welcomed on arrival by Pierre and his partner, who showed us our room and the facilities, including pool, poolside bar & restaurant, sauna, gym and health spa. Our room overlooked the pool and was spacious and comfortable. The staff were very young but very friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed excellent breakfasts by the pool, and a really good, relaxed evening meal on one occasion when we didn't feel like going into town for dinner.

Pierre and the boys were really heklpfukl when it came to planning our visits to the town and the Angkor temples. They arranged an excellent guide for us, together with transport - we usually chose to go by tuk-tuk. there was always a tuk-tuk available as we left the hotel, and we always got back to the hotwel easily enough - although because the hotel was then only recently opened, once or twice we had to give the tuk-tuk driver directions!

It had been a dream of mine to visit Angkor for decades, and the experience was overwhelming. My partner and I got 'married' in 2008 and this holiday was one stage of our multi-phase honeymoon. It couldn't have been better.

We highly recommend Men's Resort.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bicycleb0y
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Since many will primarily be using MEN's as a hotel, first let me say that the rooms are quite spacious and clean. We stayed in room 1, and I particularly enjoyed the chaise lounge. I also enjoyed the open shower design with the rainfall shower head. A really nice touch.

The property itself is also well-designed, modern and striking. The pool is well maintained, and while the fitness room isn't an Equinox gym, one could do some basic upkeep if so desired. The complimentary breakfast was good, as were the drinks and the occasional snack, though I would encourage visitors to check out some of the other Siem Reap restaurants for more substantial meals.

The men's sauna area is relatively small and quite clean--perhaps the best maintained of any men's suana in Cambodia. It draws a mix of the hotel guests as well as the locals, who are quite friendly. I didn't think the atmosphere in the evening was tarnished or overwhelmed by the activity there, and thought the crowd was more mature than most in Cambodia.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The bicycles we rented through the hotel ware better than average rentals and allowed us to successfully bike the big loop around Ankor in one day. The driver the hotel arranged for a tour of Beng Mealea and Banteay Srei was great, as was the driver who took us to Phnom Penh.

The hotel is tucked a distance away from the touristy bustles of Pub Street (and actually slightly closer to the temples), so it is somewhat necessary to hire a tuk tuk when going into the main part of town (unless you don't mind the walk in the Cambodian heat). I preferred this location, but some might not. The tuk tuk drivers that hang out by MEN's are friendly and quoted fair prices.

Our only negative experiences at MEN's were minor, but I'll include them to be fair. The road to the property is unpaved, so it can be a little rough on a full stomach. The neighborhood is also occupied mainly by families' homes, and as such, you may hear the sounds of many dogs and roosters. If you are a light sleeper, you might want to pack ear plugs.

While we were there, there was also a blackout for a few hours. This is a common occurrence in Cambodia. (It happened many times on our trip in both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh). The backup generator maintains the ability to shower and flush toilets, but little else. The pool remained open though the sauna unfortunately closed. Candles were provided and gave the property a romantic feel. The power was back on when we returned from dinner (although many of the restaurants and bars had also lost power).

Lastly, I would add that while you certainly do not have to be gay to stay at MEN's, it is a gay facility, and I can't imagine any of my male straight friends feeling completely at ease there.

All in all, a really relaxing and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LHM77
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Have just recently spent 4 days at Men's with a friend and we both really enjoyed our stay there.
I would like to say that the property is really beautiful and the facilities and the staff are very attentive and most friendly doing their utmost to give the very best service they can. I stayed in a standard room which I found both the bathroom and room was big and most comfortable.
The hotel is in a very quiet part of town so you don't any noise from the road.
The pool area is just great for enjoying a quiet drink or meal the pool itself is nice and big and great for taking a cooling swim after a days touring.
I would highly recommend a stay at Men's the staff and management are really nice people you will enjoy your stay with them.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends