“I 'STRONGLY' urge you to keep away from this place.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Sawasdee Angkor Inn
Ranked #404 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2014

From the moment i arrived i was hassled into tours, the manager was aggressive and threatened to get me arrested if i didn't pay him money, while the room was ok, he told me i wouldn't be leaving until i paid up. I checked out 3 days early and will never return to this place. The area is full of prostitues and Drug abusers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Serge H

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The manager was not friendly but was not aggressive when I insisted from the beginning a did not want to book a tour although I heard other travellers had problems. I would not book any tours or tuk-tuks through them as they are overpriced. The room was ok apart from the light which was very dim and we could not see well at night. Our room was not cleaned in the 4 days we were there. Breakfast was not too bad, but not amazing. The hotel is out of town a bit, around 10 minutes to walk to then centre. I probably would not feel safe walking alone back from town late at night. The wifi did not work half the time and did not work in our room, very poor compared to other guesthouses. Also the mattress was rock solid. Overall I would not recommend or stay here again. There are much better options with friendlier staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Although the room wasn't too bad, the manager of the hotel was horrible. He was very aggressive towards me and another guest. Right away when we arrived, he was very persistent in trying to sell us (illegal - we found out later) Angkor tickets. We needed cash for his and asked him for the nearest ATM, he said that the guy working there could bring us. It was just around the corner (it would have been a 5 minute walk, which we could have easily walked, but he made it sound like it was very far away), but when we came back the manager asked for 5 dollars (which is about 5 times the normal price). I said that that was a bit too much, and he instantly freaked out. I tried to explain that I wanted to pay, but that 5 dollars was just too much, but he was not amenable to reason.He was shouting that he didn't want our money but wanted that we now walked to the ATM and walked back if we didn't want to pay for a ride. The other guest, scared by his response, tried to pay the 5 dollars, but he also didn't want that anymore.The other guest and I were scared so much by him that we felt very unsafe to stay at the hotel. The next morning, as soon as the sun rose, me and the other guest (independently from one another) fled to another place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

having travelled the length of Thailand,Vietnam and Cambodia,this hotel for sure was the worst place that I stayed in.It was a badly lit, badly maintained hoval.most of the fittings in my room and the corridor out side where hanging off of the walls and you could not even read a book as the light level was so low.But even more of a concern than this was that the manager was a liar and a thief.He accosts you as soon as you arrive saying all buses are full book now,so stupidly I did only to find that I could easily get tickets down the road at one third of the price and then he would not refund any money because he had booked them already (lie) because I found him booking them later on.there were many others caught like this while I was present.in total he ripped me off for $45i in total SO BEWARE ALL YOU OTHERS TO FOLLOW.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2014

If you sleep there, don't book anything in this hotel. Its often double the prize! Never again. I paid for a bus from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh 25$, the ticket usually costs 8$. I've been told that the bus takes 4 hours, but it actually took 10 hours. Also I hired a tuktuk driver with the hotel for 30$, without the hotel it would be 15$!!! Dont come here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

ツアーで着たので価格についてはわかりませんが、場所は繁華街から近すぎず遠すぎず遊びたい時と寝たい時のメリハリがつくとこでした
スタッフはフレンドリーで,起こしに来てくれたりするほどでした
全てツアーはプランニングされてるので楽でしたが、ずっと適当に旅してたのでツアーの息苦しさも感じました

I stayed 3 nights. I applied all packaged tour. so I don't know the price.
you can go downtown on foot.
stuff is friendly and solve our problem early.
they change my room soon after i tell stuff that my room air-con is out of order.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kimmuraa
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Spent two nights here to visit Angkor Wat, I agree that the tour manager is a blunt and abrupt man but all was arranged well. The rooms are dark and a bit depressing. The location is good. But the highlight for me was a great man that looks after resturant and guests,his name is Barang and his warm smile and eager attitude is wonderful. Well done Barang.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends