“love it!!!”

Ranked #91 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Long Beach, California
“love it!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Not only was this place made me felt like home it was also very contemporary but yet modern. Very clean, relaxed, and had a very comfortable ambiance. Its close to everything and for the price is super duper cheap. I'm surprise their not charging American dollars! would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This hotel was suggested to me by a friend who is a culinary journalist and lives in Phnom Pehn. I would definitely stay here again, overall great experience!

The service was phenomenal, the room spacious, clean and comfortable. They had a tuk-tuk driver pick me up from the airport. I was surprised he was still waiting when I was the absolute last person to exit the airport (dealing with visa problems). He became my driver for the next three days, acting as a semi-guide taking me to many temples, including Anghor Wat at dawn (the front desk guy even packed me sandwich to take for breakfast when I asked).

Free breakfast, and the food was delicious! Try the club sandwich for lunch only $2.50 (comes with amazing fries).

Great location! Less than a ten minute walk to the night market, great restaurants (I recommend Khmer Kitchen near Pub street) and bars...

For $25 a night, this hotel is a steal.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Bojarski_A
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We booked the Angkor Pearl Hotel for a stay in the end of June 2011 thanks to rave reviews on Tripadvisor. And sure enough we were not disappointed at what we got. The hotel is in one of the bylanes and that is the only aspect that keeps the rates a bit down. We got a good offer through Agoda and booked the same. The hotel offered free pick up on a tuk tuk from the airport. Try getting the E-Visa to save precious time at the airport. We really loved the tuk tuk driver Sam whom we booked for the next few days to take us around Siem Reap and Angkor temples. We were greeted in the hotel with warm smiles and refreshing welcome drinks and cold towels. The hotel has got a trip advisor traveller's choice award and displays the same with much pride. We had a triple bed room and were really impressed with the decor of the room. In Cambodian hotels the wood work is amazing and very elegant. The rooms are of a decent size and comes with a huge bed with a very comfortable mattress. The bathroom had the customary toiletteries and comes with a bath tub. Though there is a major power problem in Cambodia, yet the hotel has non stop power supply which ensures that the AC is running and the water is hot. The hotel has a nice little bar with two PCs where you can check your mails for free apart from a wireless network which comes for free. We stayed for three days and the hotel staff helped us in every possible way- from keeping our request for a late checkout to converting our 100 dollar notes to smaller notes. When you stay at the hotel ensure that you also seek Sam the tuktuk driver to do the customary tour of Angkor and the surrounding. He speaks very good English and is very friendly and helpful. I will surely love to go back to this hotel when in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: The reception area has a good collection of travel books, check them out.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ainindra
Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed in Angkor Pearl for five nights. The room was clean, tidy and large. Although no buffet breakfast was offered, the breakfast set is still great. The location is convenient, just 10-15 mins to Pub Street and Old Markety by walking. There are a lot of foot messages nearby, cost USD5. If you want to do foot messages, we highly recommend go to the shops near Night Market, only cost you USD3 for one hour.

Room Tip: No lift for this hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here for 1 night as part of our 3 week trip around South-East Asia and it is a true gem! They offer a free airport pick up (which is worth about 1/4 price of the room!) on a tuk-tuk with a lovely friendly driver. The rooms were clean with air-con and a tv, they also offer free wi-fi. The staff were lovely and even made us sandwiches to take early for the temples at 5am (although unfortunately we didn't realise anyone was awake so didn't take them but then they gave us a free breakfast when we got back at 10am!). Truly a fantastic hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MU28traveller
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I booked through Agoda and got a really good early bird deal, £9 for a double room. I arranged a pick-up from the airport and for the driver Sam to take me around the great Angkor temples.
Sam was waiting when I arrived at about 7.30am and took me back to the Angkor Pearl. I quickly checked-in whilst Sam arranged for an English speaking guide (Saroun) before heading straight off for my first day taking the small route around the temples.
The staff were all very helpful and very friendly. The rooms were clean and tidy and of a very good standard for the price I paid. My bed was comfy, the shower powerful and my room had a safety deposit box. The location of the hotel was about a 10 to 15 minute walk to pub street or a $1 by tuk tuk.
There is a local supermarket just a few minutes walk from the hotel which was handy picking up breakfast in the morning. Also on the opposite side of the street to the supermarket were a number of good massage shops which were really good after a long day walking around the temples.
I would highly recommend Sam as a driver and my guide Saroun. Saroun's knowledge of the temples was amazing and he was extremely welcoming, friendly and gracious. I really appreciated having a guide, telling me stories of Cambodia's glorious past. I could have never had the same experience walking around unguided or reading it from a book. So for $20 to $30 extra per day having Saroun as my guide was well worth it. Either have a good idea where you would like to visit or Sam and Saroun can help you decide.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank the_thorne
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I was at first hesitant to make Cambodia a part of the 4-country tour my friend and I was planning because of the very misguided preconceptions I had of the country. Before our wonderful trip to this beautiful country, all I knew about the place were landmines, Khmer Rouge and the Angkor Wat. But we were pleasantly surprised that none of these stupid notions was true. The country is full of wonders, foremost of which is the magnificent Angkor Wat. We also loved the sumptious food a lot. But most of all, the genuine kindness and hospitality of the Cambodian people made a truly lasting impression on us. And Sam Tuktuk made that crucial first impression that rippled to the entire time in Cambodia. He was our first tour guide who picked us up from the airport. He is a really great guy, very courteous and drove very carefully. He was looking after us the entire time that my friend and I agreed that it felt like we were just visiting a cousin that we have not seen in a while. Sam was a good conversationalist and speaks the English language well, being educated in the US. Special thanks also to Kim Soryar and Narnie, our tour guides for the second day for the equally great company. You have been most helpful in making our trip truly worth it. And to Sir Poly, who drove us to and around Phnom Penh on our third day, you have been a fun company during an otherwise boring long drive. We felt like we were kids being toured by our own father. You can never go wrong with these Cambodian people we had the privilege of meeting while we were there. We will definitely go back to see more of our new found home! And thanks a lot Angkor Pearl for the warm accommodation, you will see us again, soon!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends