Angkor Pearl Hotel
Agoda.com
US$186
US$95
1,471 results
All reviewstuk tuk driverpub streetno liftnight markettriple roombudget hotelthe hotel staffstayed here for nightsold marketcold waterstay in siem reapwelcome drinkbreakfast was includedmrairportangkorcambodia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We booked the apsara suite for 7 nights. We arrived at Siem Reap past 10 pm and we took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. The hotel lobby was a bit dark and there was only one receptionist (at night), he was friendly and helped us carry our luggage to our room. there are no elevators, the hotel has only 4 floors.

The room that we booked was nice, quite big for 2 person. After an hour of unpacking and settling up for the night we realized that the ac was on and off so we called the receptionist through the phone but he didnt answer so my partner had to go down and asked him to go to our room, the receptionist said that we can transfer to the other apsara suite on the fourth floor, but since we have already unpacked and very tired we decided to stay and opted to transfer tomorrow if the ac still doesn't work. Fortunately the ac worked fine in the morning and for the next 7 days. Free breakfast was included, the food is nice, i love the fried rice, sausage and noodles that was served every morning.

The hotel is near the Angkor museum walking through the park. There are also tuktuks waiting in front of the hotel. But we got our tuktuk driver for the rest of our trip in front of the Angkor museum after we visited the museum. We were lucky to have found him because the other tuktuk driver asked too much. We visited the small and big circuit then we watched the sunset at pre rup then back to the hotel, our tuktuk driver only asked for $15 which was way cheaper than what drivers would ask. The next day we watched the sunrise at angkor wat, then the other temples the whole day, he even gave us free bottled water. :) Our third day at siem reap, we did quad adventure cambodia, half day tour and helicopter ride tour via Helistar over the angkor wat, both are worth a try, very memorable activities. I must say It was always nice to come home to our hotel after a tiring day. Felt very homey :)

On our fourth day we left Siem Reap for Phnom Penh, we left some of our clothes and some valuables at the in room safe. They assured us that our room will be kept for us while we were gone.We went back again the following night at Siem Reap. The room was kept clean and nothing was missing specially in the safe.

The hotel is just minutes away from the pub street and noon night market. Tuktuk for two in the morning and afternoon is $1 and at night goes up to $2. Always bargain. Through our tuktuk driver we found out fair prices of tuktuks and specially the price of bottled water. If you'd ask how much the water is they will always say $1 but the truth is 1 bottled water only cost $0.50. You can also look at the price of tuktuks for going around in the information guide provided in the room.

Overall our stay at Angkor Pearl was very nice except for the noisy hallway and noisy neighbors. We realized that for our first 4 days, sun-wed, very minimal noise, but over the weekend, when the hotel is filled up, it was VERY noisy. I think it's because of the poor noise proofing of the rooms. Our room was located at the very end of the hall but we can hear people talking and laughing from the stairs near the lobby. The food is delicious and very helpful staff.

Room Tip: we booked our Apsara suite at Agoda, with the size of the room it's cheaper compared to the rooms we've had in our other trips. :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed at Angkor Pearl Hotel from 3/1 with my friend. The room was very clean, and there was no insect. Mango was put in a room on the first day; it was free, I ate it and it was very sweet and delicious. When a light in my room broke, I asked the front to change it, and then they did immediately. The free breakfast in the buffet was delicious. Everybody smile and their atmospheres were so nice.

Mr. Thy was our tuktuk driver. We were introduced Mr. Thy from the hotel. He is very honest, kind and polite, and he gave us a lot of travel advice. He took us down at the entrance of the remains, and was waiting for us at the exit, so we could see so many remains very smoothly. I'm very grateful.

When you go to Siem Reap, I recommend that you stay at Angkor Pearl Hotel and ask tuktuk to Mr. Thy.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2013

When the hotel confirmed a price USD19 per a/c twin room with breakfast, I was a bit unsure what to expect.... But most of the things was really great. Big clean room with 2 big and comfy beds, nice dark-wood furniture. Tasty breakfast with good choice and fantastic cambodian coffee. Great location in a very peacefull area, but within walking distance to the crowded tourist area with pubs and street market. Reception staff was friendly and arranged nice tuk-tuk and very good english speaking guide for Angkor Wat sightseeing. Only when the question was out of the daily routine, nice girls were still smiling, but unfortunately could not give any answers...... well, nobodys perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for visiting angkor wat. We came via a cab from Phnom Penh and arrived when it was dark. The driver took some time to find this hotel. we paid about usd60 total for 2 nights for a triple room. Room was clean but slightly run-down (maybe 3-star standard) but really good for the price we paid.The staff was very nice and even prepared packet breakfast for us as we had to leave very early to catch the sunrise at angkor wat. Location is quite good as it is only about a 10 minute walk from the night market. If not, you can just take a tuk tuk around for a few bucks. Would recommend this place for budget travellers!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2013

When I booked this hotel, I was wary because the price was so inexpensive. Once I arrived, I was so happy I booked it! This was our 13 year wedding anniversary trip and when we walked in the room, it was full of fresh roses and orchids arranged on the bed, sinks, bathroom. That was a very nice and fun surprise. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The air conditioning worked very well and there was even a fridge in the room. The bathroom plumbing was delicate, but that was no surprise being in Cambodia. The staff was VERY helpful when our guide did not arrive the next morning. They made several phone calls for us and helped us out. It isn't right on pub street, but it is only about a half mile walk and we felt quite safe. Also, it is a very short tuk tuk ride. When coming back from the pub street though, make sure your tuk tuk driver knows the hotel. One evening we didn't confirm this and ended up heading toward the airport before we realized he was lost. The breakfast in the mornings was included in the price and was probably the best breakfast we had while we were on our trip. The breakfast was buffet style with lots of choices. The hotel had amazingly good wifi service and also computers for your use in the lobby. The wifi was so good I was able to FaceTime my brother back in Oklahoma, USA and it was like he was in the hotel with me. All the while I was enjoying a cocktail during happy hour in the hotel lobby bar. The hotel offers in room massages and the traditional Khmer massage was wonderful. It was so relaxing and at an affordable price. I had a massage every day we were there. I just can't say enough good things about this hotel. It isn't luxury, but for the price it CANNOT be beat.

Room Tip: I would get a room higher up if you don't mind walking up and downstairs. It is quieter up higher. We were on the fourth floor and it was quiet at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple