“A great trip at a great hotel”
Review of Parklane Hotel

Parklane Hotel
Ranked #138 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I liked this hotel a lot. The hotel staff was always cleaning and every time I went in the lobby. They gave me a cold glass of water. The rooms were always clean and the bathrooms were very western with a full bath. The TV had every channel you would need. I also throughly enjoyed the owner and his wife keeping tabs on everything and it shows they care.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank grassyman
There are newer reviews for Parklane Hotel

Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel is around 10 minutes to old market, night market and pub street by To To. It is owned by a Singapore born Chinese lady. The lady can speak very good Chinese, Cantonese and English. She is very nice and helpful lady and we bought some wonderful sausage home with her introduction. The hotel receptions are quite amiable. Facility is all ready and room is clear. Every morning it offers different breakfast.The defects to picky guests would be we heard squeak of one bed and the drain in that room does work well. The outside is not very beautiful but quite, safe and convenient with some restaurents around. Except for these, the hotel is very nice and recommendable in the price range.

Room Tip: Check the bed and drain. Others fine!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kristina z
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Found this place on cheaprooms.com and saw reviews. Was a bit sceptical it could be as good as it reviewed, but not disappointed. Friendly staff, good breakfast, spacious rooms and all round great experience. Only a short walk from tourist centre. The hotel helped us organise a day trip out to the temples, with a driver called Borra. You couldn't find a friendlier and nicer guy. Would ask for him by name. Would I stay here again? - Definitely YES!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ScotPhil
Reviewed 13 April 2012

First, I'd like to commend the tuktuk driver assigned on the duration of my visit, since 80% of the time, I was out and about. The driver's name is Mr. Sokhom. He's a very nice man who speaks English really well and can recommend good places to visit. He's always on time which I appreciate as I myself am always on time. I also noticed that he sees/ observes you from afar (i.e., that you're done with your site visit or shopping). Instead of walking to the parking lot to look for him, he's already there on the driveway/ exit to pick you up.

One of the things I'd like to express my gratitude on is how he accompanied me to several book stores around Siem Reap so that I can find a Khmer translation of The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery (novel). My sister collects all translations of The Little Prince and she's pleased when I sent her a photo of the Khmer translation which I will be bringing back home. Many, many thanks to Mr. Sokhom for keeping me safe during my stay in Siem Reap.

I understand that most people prefer to dine around the city but I was able to order a lunch, dinner, and room service from the hotel's restaurant and the chef's cooking exceeded my expectations. The steak and potatoes are really delicious and the chef and waiter (Mr. Mat) did not hesitate to have the steak well done when I asked them to because it was medium rare the first time. I had pasta on other occasions which are equally superb. For around USD4.00 to USD7.00, the ordered meals were excellent!

Another thing that makes this hotel a great place to stay in is its staff. They are really warm and can converse in English, I didn't have any problems communicating with them. The housekeeping also maintains the cleanliness of the room. I accidentally saw them in action because I came back earlier than expected from biking and while they were cleaning my room (there were three of them), they offered me to take a seat. They were very polite.

I also appreciate Mr. Doeng Tekea for making sure that I got some breakfast before I checked out of the hotel at around 6:00AM today. He also saw me off by waiting with me outside the hotel for the tuktuk driver (Mr. Say, as Mr. Sokhom is celebrating the New Year with his family) to arrive. He only went back inside the hotel until we drove off from the street.

I would highly recommend this hotel--- for a very reasonable price, they offer you quality service and the basic amenities they promised on their website. Kudos to the owners, staff, and Mr. Sokhom. :)

Room Tip: I personally like having a view of the hotel's driveway/ parking even though it's noisy but...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The hotel is very near shopping centers and markets. The only thing not impressive is the airconditioning of the rooms. It is not at all cool and uncomfortable. We tried all kinds of settings but did not work.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank benybaladad
Sopheng, General Manager at Parklane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear sir,
Thank you for supporting Parklane hotel, I am very disappointed hearing that the air-con in your room do not working well. Our hotel have 24 hrs maintenance service anytime you can called to the reception to request to change another room so that we will provide the services but we been told that it seems that u have not brought this matter to us but anyway thank for taking the effort to write the review. Thanks,
sincerely
Sopheng,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Staff were very polite and neat appearance. It was nice to see their smiles when I come and ask something at the front. Staff always paid attention and support quickly. They speak English well. I had great time than I expected. Room was big and clean, so could spend comfortable time. Laundry service was also good. Since location is little bit distance from downtown area, I could sleep well.
I also enjoyed breakfast every morning. They have free 3 PCs near the front. Smoking area is outside (in front of the entrance).
They have pick up service from airport. Tuk Tuk driver was also good driver. Thanks to him, I could enjoy sightseeing safely and freely. Though he was quiet and not fluent English speaker, he was attentive person and could see his sincerity. Thank you, Mr. Chhun ly.
If I go on a trip again, I want to choose same hotel and driver. It's worth to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank KToronto
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We loved our stay at the Parklane! The service was excellent, especially Tekea who really helped make our trip special. For the great rates, you would be hard pressed to find a better hotel.
-Brooke & Justin