“Recommended Guesthouse -I Lodge”
Review of I Lodge

I Lodge
Ranked #155 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Me and my friend's family had lovely stay in I Lodge guest house.We stayed in 3 nights and i can say this guesthouse is the best vaue for money, very comfortable, we all likes it so much. It located in the heart of Town, nearer to the night market,and 5 minutes walking distance to the night market and pub street, is a good choices. Our room size were good, clean, had nice room decoration, nice beds, clean bathroom, air condition is cool. It was recomended by a friend's friend visited here before in last year.
We had booked Mr.Borey(Owner) as our tour guide, he were guide us from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap for whole trip 5D4N, he and all their staff were very GOOD, nice, friendly and helpful. Their also provide us one time half an hour massage. I Can say, the service and serving from Mr.Borey was GREAT, we all loving their everything. Ever they give us a simple breakfast ,porridge, friend egg, bread , friend mee or fried rice, we all very enjoy its. Is simple and full.
Definitely we will stay here again if we visited Angkor Wat, Siem Reap.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 August 2012

I stayed one night here and I can say among the other budget accommodations in that city I found this one the best value for money. Of course the asking rate was 20$ and when I tried to get the discount I was able to get the room for half price. SO for 10$ I have to say it was CLEAN. Staff are good. They prepare you breakfast for a very cheap. You can help yourself with bananas and tea and coffee.
I recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I Lodge provided comfortable accommodation with FREE pick up from the airport, FREE good nutrition breakfast daily, FREE ride on the bicycle and FREE one time half an hour massage for their guests. It was actually recommended by my friend visited Siem Reap before. It was located opposite the central market, and 5 minutes walking distance to pub street and night markets, very convenient and safe. Most important is the workers are very helpful, they recommend us places to visit and a VERY GOOD & hardworking tuk tuk driver named Atta (don't know the exact spelling) ,who drove us around Angkor for 3 days. The service was GREAT, should stay in I Lodge when in Siem Reap!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Brilliant people. From the first day I felt at home. I didn't have a booking and the receptionist welcome was superb. Everyday I have enjoyed the free bicycle, cofee, water and fruit. I don't have more for breakfast but people had nice breakfast for free. My room was just perfect, a huge bed, fride, wifi, tv and nice bathroom. New and nice furniture, and very well decorated,very clean. This is my fith day and I don't want to go. They are very nice, every one at this place made sure I new all I wanted to find out, they have spend hours explaning routes and all, just great. It is 5 meters from shoka m. Tep bus. Very convinient for my heavy luggage. I highly recomended,

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I made my 1st trip to Cambodia with my friends in end of July 2011. From the moment we arrived at airport, Ming (the guesthouse pickup staff) welcome us with a great smiling face. Guesthouse located in the heart of Siem Reap and is short walking distance from Pub Street, The Alley, Central, Old, Noon and Night market.

We had our spacious, comfortable room with bathroom attached, clean air-conditioned suite with satellite TV that have over 80 channels for your selection. Free internet access and free coffee/tea/water for 24 hour. Free breakfast that is up to my expectation; omelette or fried egg (u named it), toast, fruit, coffee and etc. was served every morning start 7am at lobby. Lobby was the open space for every guest rest and relax upon returning after a long day out at Angkor.

Guesthouse staff was friendly, helpful and politely greeted us with a smile.
Nonetheless, this guesthouse does offer laundry services with USD1 per kilo. And they help us to buy bus ticket to Phnom Penh at cheaper price. To keep the guesthouse clean and tidy, shoes are not allowed wear inside guesthouse. I liked the best is they will help us to keep our shoes inside guesthouse when the night falls, to prevent from stolen.

Arrangement for local tour guide and driver was made for us with reasonable prices. Tour guide that fun interactive with us, he is willing to share the story of the ancient monuments, local custom and knowledge.

I am happy and satisfied for the great services that they provide. I Lodge made my trip wonderful and memorable. Overall, I rate this hotel as my favourite in Cambodia. And if I manage to have my second trip to Siem Reap, definitely I will come back to I Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I stayed here 2 nights with my sisters, aunt and uncle.
Actually my sisters and I really like this hotel. It is very clean hotel, the location is great and the price is reasonable.

It was absolutely excellent until .................

First, my Guest House owner at Phnom Penh helped me using his cellphone to send a text to I Lodge to report my arrival time at Siem Reap so they can pick us up. The Guest House owner at Phnom Penh tell me that usually they will report the departure time from Phnom Penh, not the arrival time. After few minutes I Lodge replied "What time will you arrive?"
The Guest House owner at Phnom Penh confused, he said I have sent the departure time, and he resend the message again. After few minutes I Lodge called me and asked again my time arrival and he asked me to CALL them when I arrive Siem Reap. It is NONSENSE and IMPOSSIBLE to ask me to call them when I arrive Siem Reap!! Even the Guest House owner agreed with me. You can imagine for the first time how crazy this guy !

And then this happened....

We booked a transport to airport, our flight was 8.35 am, hotel to airport only need about 20 minutes, so we agree that we will depart at 6.30 am. So it will be enough time for everything. Their breakfast is start at 6.30 so I asked them if possible to us to get our breakfast at 6.00 am and they said if we satisfy with the bread, jam and butter, they will provide for us. Until I cleared the payment at about 9.00 pm the night before, we agreed that we will depart at 6.30 am.

In the morning we found that we HAVE TO depart to airport at 6.00 am. The driver told us to hurry. I was so confused, and our preparation haven't finish yet. We haven't get our breakfast or packed our breakfast. They just watched us, standing, didn't helped us to packed the sandwich at all.
So... here we were, at the airport, at 6.15, almost the first person at the airport, even the flight counter haven't opened yet :(

At the end I just found that the night before the hotel staff / owner (I think Borey) at 11.00 pm woke my aunt and told her that we will depart at 6.00 am !! You know..........it is really IMPOLITE to woke someone, moreover a hotel guest at 11.00 pm for something not really important except there is a disaster !!

My conclusion, Borey has another customer that morning, as he is a tour guide too, I saw him wearing a kind of uniform that I saw at Angkor as a Angkor tour guide's uniform. Maybe his customer schedule is just almost same with our schedule, and Borey doesn't want to loose them, and changed the schedule unilaterally that effect to us.
We paid (7 USD) for this service and we deserve to get the best service but we didn't.

And like the other hotel / tour staff at Vietnam or Cambodia as I read a lot in the internet, they were somewhat forced to sell their services. They like to talked bad about another thing what they do not sell. We decided to explore Angkor by bicycle, and they scared us with saying that we will not make it, we will not visit the whole temple (it will not make it in one day even though you are using cars/ their service, Angkor management provide you 7 days pass to explore Angkor, it is big...!!) but it turns out okay, we visit all the temples in "small tour circuit" with sufficient time like the other person using tuk-tuk or another tour.

So just beware. Happy travelling :)

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Santi-Prasetio
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We had a standard room with two single beds and a triple room with triple beds there, for USD13 with twin room and USD18 with trip room per night. The room was very clean and a good size, each with bathroom and air-condition. It just take 7 minutes walk to the old market. We stayed there for 5 nights, and Borey provide us a discount. Big suprise. :)

The staff are all really friendly, Ming and Borey impressed us much.

Would definitely recommend to others!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends