“A bit pricey but friendly and nice”

Golden Banana Boutique Hotel
Ranked #116 of 515 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The location of the Golden Banana properties is excellent. Just behind one of the night markets and across the river from all of the noise. A five minute walk from Pub Street. The breakfast was nicely presented but not very creative or plentiful. Beautiful dining area, however. The room was very attractive. Hot water in the shower came and went depending on the day. Pool kept very clean. Quiet and comfortable. Really nice bed and desk. Balcony.

Room Tip: The Golden Banana has several properties of differing prices and ambiance so check the rooms before...

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Perfect in every way, location absolute perfection.. right on the edge of the lovely nightmarket.. and walk through that and across the bridge and you're at the old market and one small block away is pub street.. takes ten minutes to get to pub street but if you're feeling lazy grab a $2 tuk tuk.

The staff super friendly. Room lovely and clean (shower drained a bit slow but no biggy). We loved hanging by the pool, ordering a cocktail or some yummy food from the restaurant. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here whilst volunteering from January to April ,2014 and can only say it was home from home. I had a superior room overlooking the pool.

The room was spacious and the bathroom was very modern, overhead not electric shower. the cleaners were amazing the room was always spotless and smelt beautifully.

the breakfast was included in the price and was great , I didnt really need lunch I was so full. there were additional items you could have for breakfast at a small charge. Food staff again very good and very helpful.

Reception could not be faulted either they arranged trips locally via tuk tuk and also my 2 tickets to get me to the coast. They will do anything for you ( within reason )

I could not fault anything, as I was there for such a long time they became like family.

Been home now a couple of weeks and really miss them !! Go you wont be disappointed. Ideal situation quiet location but within 3 mins of pub street

Room Tip: Go for superior ....
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is extremely good compared to its price. Yes, several things are a bit strange:
- The fan makes a lot of noise
- There is no real door to the toilet
- The shower is a bit annoying
- The breakfast menu is a bit confusing (especially when you just woke up)

But... At this price, it has to be expected.

The rooms are big, amazing wifi and all the help you want from the reception.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We normally select a lower priced hotel with good reviews (from tripadvisor & the agents) preferably close to the centre. We were not disappointed with Golden Banana which was reasonable (priced £18,room price, via Expedia) There are different standards of rooms in adjacent but separate parts of the same road.We were given the opportunity to upgrade if we wanted but declined. I did think we had paid for a mini fridge but when I checked this was not the case, these were available only in the more expensive rooms.
That was the only negative, the staff are wonderful and it is in a brilliant location near to everything.
We arranged tuk tuk through the hotel for the shorter tour of the temples costing $13 total for the day. The following day we booked directly with same driver and he took us everywhere. This is worth considering if you get a good driver who you like.
I would certainly recommend the Golden Banana.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

must, must stay. service is sublime. close to all the best parts of siem reap. representative of culture in area. quiet sleep, which can be difficult to find in the area. free internet. great breakfast, lovely pool, spacious rooms at an incredible rate. right next to the night market entrance!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I booked for a superior double room. This supposedly provides you with all the amenities listed in their website plus a balcony view. The first room that they brought me too had airconditioning problem that forced me to transfer to another room. This room was at least 30% smaller than the first one and yet I was charged the same rate/ night even when I brought up this concern. The airconditioning here was slightly better but I still found it a concern. Cambodia, after all, is not in the North or South Pole, so good airconditioning is necessary especially since it is summer now. I found myself being awake until 3am because the room remained warm. After repeated requests from the lobby to have it fixed, I decided to tinker with the remote myself and I think I ended up re-setting it which helped fix the temperature in my room.

The complimentary breakfast is lackluster except for the good coffee they serve. The stairs leading to the 2nd level rooms are steep and may cause some accidents should one be not careful or alcohol-influenced.

What I can commend is the staff. They're genuinely hospitable and helpful.

Will I stay again in Golden Banana B&B & Superior Hotel the next time I go to Siem Reap...NO...not even if the goose lays a golden egg.

Room Tip: If you like your room cold and cozy, think twice before you book in this 'hotel'.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends