“The best Guide of Angkor Wats” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mr. Pen Day Tours

Mr. Pen Day Tours
Ranked #350 of 788 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Mr Pen Tours is a full Service, year round tour guide company that conducts English-speaking tours of Angkor Wat,Siem Reap,Battambang,and Phnom Penh.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Guide of Angkor Wats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Mr Pen was recommended by Bloom Garden guesthouse I was staying in. As I was travelling on my own I thought it would be much more enjoyable and interesting to visit the Angkor temples with a guide. I made the right decision! for three days Mr Pen told me the tales and legends about the various temples. Thanks to his amazing knowledge on buddhism, hinduism and fluency in English we were able to have very interesting conversations about religion, history and life. Often we would climb the many stairs of a wat and sit down, hidden from the sun, to discuss.
These 3 days were really enriching and I would have missed out so much should I have decided to visit on my own. On the 3rd day he took me to Beng Melea, which is a real "jungle temple" and we had fun climbing on the rocks and the trees.
Mr Pen will make your visit of Angkor temples memorable !

Visited November 2011
1 Thank christineneige

Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could not wish for better guide in Angkor Wat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I spent 3 unforgettable days in Siem Reap in January 2012. I still can't believe how lucky I was to meet Mr.Pen and have him as my guide around Angkor Wat temples. Originally I planned to have a guide for 1 day for shot circuit temples only, but after such an impressive tour that Mr.Pen gave me on the Day 1, I just could not let him go and took him for the 2nd day to finish the big circuit temples.
He is unbelievably knowledgeable and talented man with a very strong spirit. He could tell me a story behind every single carving on every single wall in every single temple. He is like a walking encyclopedia about Buddhism, Hinduism and Khmer history. He is a hard-working man that does his job with heart. He is a very thoughtful person with whom you can hold a conversation on any topic and be amazed by the broadness of his knowledge.
I highly recommend Mr. Pen to anyone who wants to truly explore and understand the grandiosity of Angkor Wat and Khmer culture.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Iri-M
na
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“A memorable tour with Mr. Pen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

My husband and I toured with Mr Pen in Dec 2011. We will never forget this lovely and man. He was one of those individuals that we will never forget and truly sincere. He is extremely knowledgeable about Buddhism and Hinduism and can read Sanskrit and Pali (he was also a buddhist monk for 5 years). He seems to have studied this area and done quite a bit of his own research and provided us with objective viewpoints. Very honest and open person and it was nice to hear about local life and the history of Cambodia.

With regards to his service he is extremely accommodating, flexible and very prompt. He was always at our hotel early and would patiently wait for us. His driver always had water available through out the day. We wanted to go to the floating village and he was willing to take us on the third day (we had originally booked a 2 day tour and was very flexible to tour us on the 3rd).

Would tour again with Mr. Pen!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank blueberry090
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent tour with Mr Pen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Mr Pen is a really good guide very interesting and looking after his clients. His driver is also very nice.
It is very easy to book tailor made tours with Mr Pen, from your country by email, who is very helpful and manage to deal with all your requests (in terms of timing and preferences).
In one word, the man of the situation !

1 Thank Jchauvel
Friedrichshafen, Germany
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best knowledge tour - Excellent Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I took a 4 day trip with Mr Pen in october 2011 for the temples of Siem Reap.
Mr Pen is awaysome knowledgeable about the history the tempels and the religion of this time.
I was driven around in a airconditioned bus, with a driver providing me water an refreshing towels after visiting a temple.
Mr Pen also made it possible to avoid often the mainstream of the tourists, so that there was enough time to take good picture and see spots normal trourists won´t see.
It was a unforgetable trip - I would book Mr Pen again!

Visited October 2011