“Elegant dining”

Ranked #409 of 1,003 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$36 - US$60
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Stylishly decorated but supremely relaxed, Circle serves both international and Khmer cuisine in a serene, traditional atmosphere. Traditional Khmer music or dancing completes the authentic dining experience in Circle.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We saved Circle for our last night in Siem Reap and were not disappointed. Based on others' reviews I tried the Angkor Wat Tower to experience a wider view of Khmer cuisine than I had thus far, and loved it. Presentation was stunning, and whilst initially there looked to be too much food, by the time others had a sample, it was just the perfect amount! Others had steak and fish, and all were pronounced excellent.

The quiet but soothing atmosphere, highlighted by the candlelight in the stunning metal holders on the tables, made for a relaxed and special (without being formal) dining occasion. Staff were attentive and anticipated our needs almost before we knew we'd need them!

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to people looking for a delicious, special dinner out.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

If you want a relaxed evening with great food and a wonderful show, be sure to book The Circle restaurant at La Residence D'Ankor by Orient Express. We were a group of friends and the food was out of this world. The Ankor Wat Tower Khmer Food sampler was excelent and the presentation great. A great way to taste what Khmer food is like and we were all surprised. All the other food was top quality and the desert presentation by Chef Richard to die for. The ice bubble has to be experienced. The chocolate deserts was really "death by chocolate" quality.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

This is not my first time to Siem Reap but it is my first time dining at The Circle. After hearing what people have said about Cambodian food I was not sure I wanted to try any. However, after sampling the "Angkor Wat Tower" I was very impressed. The presentation was excellent but more importantly the taste was wonderful. Although the portion was rather too much for me it was so good I did manage to clear my plate! I will certainly be back for more, hopefully very soon. Definitely a resturant I will recommend to my friends.

1  Thank Kelly c
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We went to Circle following a recommendation from a friend. I had high expectations as it was in a 5 star hotel but I was seriously let down. The service was no where near what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel restaurant and the food was average but very greasy.
I had made a reservation a few weeks before our visit but we were queried twice about our reservation, once on arrival and also during our meal when the waiter enquired whether it was the restaurant we had originally booked to visit.
Following on from that the waiter presented us with two folders, which I thought were the menus even though there were 6 of us. Mine was the drinks list in a larger folder so I assumed that the other smaller folder was the menu for food and that we were expected to pass it around. Eventually we all realised that both folders were for drinks and so we asked a waiter to bring the food menu to us. We had to chase three times for the menu even though the restaurant was empty. We were basically sitting in the restaurant for around 15-20 minutes without knowing what there was to eat!
The menu included both Western and Khmer dishes however we decided to order the 5 different Khmer set menus to try between the 6 of us and also some starters to share.
Whilst waiting for the food we asked to sit outside as there would be a Cambodian dance show that evening. It took around 15 minutes just to organise a table for us outside and to take our drinks, even though there were tables already laid out, and also one of the waiters started to lay our table inside the restaurant before having to take it all off and lay the table outside for us.
I did feel very disappointed about the poor service. I am not sure whether it was down to a lack of training for the staff however the friendly restaurant manager, Jacques, had worked in Claridges, London, and The Maze, London, so would have had ample experience of managing fine restaurants.
The food was also a disappointment too. Each of the set menus include a selection of Khmer dishes in small portions. It was very interesting to taste each one but after the meal we felt uncomfortable as the food was very greasy and oily.
The price of the food was comparable to Western fine dining restaurants but unfortunately it could not match their standard.
I'm quite disappointed that I didn't have the same experience as the other reviewers. I would not recommend this place. On the other hand the Soup Dragon off Pub Street was one of the cheapest meals we've ever had and the food was much more enjoyable. Don't waste your money at Circle, instead go and eat in the town instead.
Lastly, I must give credit to the dancers and performers in the show, they were very entertaining and were the only highlight of a overrated evening.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is our third trip to Cambodia and this time we decided to dine in the luxury Restaurant and we choose Circle in the La Residence d'Angkor Hotel, just one word to say about this restaurant is EXCELLENT. New Chef, new Menu, New style, beautiful decoration and.... perfect food. I had Chicken dishes for my main course and Chocolate Fondue for my desert...Don't have enough words to say about chef's food.. Love it very much and we definitely come back next time. High recommend this restaurant.