“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #402 of 844 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$36 - US$60
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Stylishly decorated but supremely relaxed, Circle serves both international and Khmer cuisine in a serene, traditional atmosphere. Traditional Khmer music or dancing completes the authentic dining experience in Circle.
Singapore, Singapore
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Delicious food and excellent service which exceeded expectations. Would recommend to anyone visiting Siem Reap looking for a special dining experience.

• Visited August 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We dined at Circle during our stay at La Residence d'Angkor. The hotel is lovely but I found the restaurant to be tired and disappointing. We unfortunately saved our last night in Siem Reap to have dinner there and watch the Apsara show which is held twice a week. The dancers were enjoyable however the restaurant had staged them facing away from 3/4s of the room. Instead they performed to one large table made up of several couples, all of whom talked during the entire performance and ignored the dancers. Those of us who actually wanted to see the performance were left frustrated and somewhat embarrassed for the performers.

As for the meal, we had a difficult time selecting an entree. There simply wasn't anything appealing. I chose the chicken and it was hands down the worst meal I can remember having in quite some time. I had the server take it away after only a few bites.

There are some great restaurants and fabulous cuisine in this city. I suggest you find somewhere other than Circle.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank GoMauka
Sydney, Australia
“Elegant dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We saved Circle for our last night in Siem Reap and were not disappointed. Based on others' reviews I tried the Angkor Wat Tower to experience a wider view of Khmer cuisine than I had thus far, and loved it. Presentation was stunning, and whilst initially there looked to be too much food, by the time others had a sample, it was just the perfect amount! Others had steak and fish, and all were pronounced excellent.

The quiet but soothing atmosphere, highlighted by the candlelight in the stunning metal holders on the tables, made for a relaxed and special (without being formal) dining occasion. Staff were attentive and anticipated our needs almost before we knew we'd need them!

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to people looking for a delicious, special dinner out.

• Visited June 2013
Bali, Indonesia
“Relaxed classy evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

If you want a relaxed evening with great food and a wonderful show, be sure to book The Circle restaurant at La Residence D'Ankor by Orient Express. We were a group of friends and the food was out of this world. The Ankor Wat Tower Khmer Food sampler was excelent and the presentation great. A great way to taste what Khmer food is like and we were all surprised. All the other food was top quality and the desert presentation by Chef Richard to die for. The ice bubble has to be experienced. The chocolate deserts was really "death by chocolate" quality.

• Visited December 2012
Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Cambodian Tastes!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

This is not my first time to Siem Reap but it is my first time dining at The Circle. After hearing what people have said about Cambodian food I was not sure I wanted to try any. However, after sampling the "Angkor Wat Tower" I was very impressed. The presentation was excellent but more importantly the taste was wonderful. Although the portion was rather too much for me it was so good I did manage to clear my plate! I will certainly be back for more, hopefully very soon. Definitely a resturant I will recommend to my friends.

• Visited January 2013