“Knowledgeable, accommodating English-speaking guide”
Review of Cambodia Trial

Cambodia Trial
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The very reliable tour guide team who always offers tour services in the Angkor park with commitment.
Chicago, Illinois
“Knowledgeable, accommodating English-speaking guide”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had Sem as our private guide for a 5-day trip in Siem Reap. We were a bit nervous, since my father booked the trip for us through a Taiwanese travel agency (cheaper than us booking from the US). Typically, the travel agency arranges Chinese tours with a set itinerary. We requested an English speaking guide instead and also knew that we would likely want to make some changes to the planned schedule. This was an once-in-a-lifetime trip for us and we wanted to make the best of the experience. As soon as Sem picked us up from the airport, my mind was put at ease. He's been a guide for many years and is fluent in both English and Thai. His English is fantastic and we had no problems communicating with him at all. He's chatty and funny with an excellent command of English vocabulary. We're also history nerds, and Sem was extremely knowledgeable about the ruins, the town of Siem Reap, and general life in Cambodia. He was also very accommodating. We asked for substitutions to the restaurants (mostly generic "pan-Asian" fare that catered to tour guide groups) and attractions included on the itinerary, and Sem was also happy to change it up for us. We went to a jewelry showroom (a stop that was part of the original travel agency itinerary) but then explained that we did not wish to do any more shopping. I think shopping stops are fairly standard with tour groups and the guides likely receive some sort of commission from purchases. But Sem didn't pressure us at all and took all other shopping stops off the schedule.

Another thing I appreciated is that Sem knows all the best photo spots around the ruins. I am a photography buff and even considered taking a specialized photo tour of the ruins. That wasn't necessary, as Sem would also point out the best angles/spots for pictures. Sem would say "Go to that corner, it has the best view of the temple" or "Take a photo through this door, you get the tree framed really nicely", etc. I could put down the camera and just concentrate on Sem's explanations without fear of missing out on a good shot, since Sem would also tell me what shots to take later!

Thanks Sem, we loved our trip to Siem Reap!

Visited October 2013

“SemVuthy is a best guide.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was very great to use his service. He can provide all your need. He even arrange for me more places to visit that is not in the qoutation. His explanation is so accurate and precise because i am a hindu and what ever he explain about hinduisme is hundred percent correct. On the safety matter, he is so care about that. He pick us every morning and until midnight we go to hotel he is with us. He also never took an advantage in any situation. Overall, he is awesome guide, that i have never mat before. Anyone who use his service is considered very lucky.

Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
3 attraction reviews
“An Adventure in Angkor”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My husband and I hired Sem Vuthy to be our tour guide for a one-day visit around the temples at Angkor. We hired a sedan & driver together with Sem's guide services. We were picked up early from our hotel to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat. Sem was impressively knowledgable about the history/design/religious aspects of the temples (right down to the year and meter measurement) and so friendly. If we had any questions at all, he would answer them in perfect English. He knew all of the best spots for photos and took a bunch of my husband and I together. When breakfast and lunch time rolled around, he made sure to take us to great Khmer eating spots within the Angkor area. He took us to the main circuit temples as well as more isolated and hidden ones which would have been near impossible to visit without a car. The temples are so vast, we saw and learned so much more with his guide services than we would have on our own (especially for our first day there). Another plus to the tour: as much free cold bottled water as we could drink. Sem's tour was the perfect intro to the temples at Angkor, and I would highly recommend his services to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

Visited March 2013
United States
“For a truly authentic experience in Cambodia, book a tour with Sem!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I toured with Sem in March 2012 and had an unforgettable experience. Sem is very knowledgeable about the temples of Angkor. His tours are filled with stories of ancient Khmer society, great photo ops. and a genuine desire to deliver a great experience. He also shared much about Cambodia's fascinating culture and history. Every aspect of our tour was handled with a great deal of professionalism and courtesy. For a truly authentic experience in Cambodia, book a tour with Sem!

Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT ANGKOR GUIDE”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Sem Vuthy was our guide in Siem Reap. We certainly lucked out finding him. His English is excellent and his knowledge of the history of Angkor Wat and the entire area there is extensive. He was prompt, professional, courteous, easy going and had a great driver and clean comfortable car. He provided fresh bottled water for us throughout and worked with us to design a private tour that suited our needs. He made our trip to Cambodia that much more wonderful. We highly recommend him.
Kevin and Alexandra from NYC