“A lovely, quiet, excellent value for money hotel in central Siem Reap”
Review of Alliance Villa

Alliance Villa
Ranked #163 of 489 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
London, England
“A lovely, quiet, excellent value for money hotel in central Siem Reap”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I stayed here for five days at the end of March. As it was a very quiet period, I was given a 20% discount on the room if I stayed five days or more. So, $30 a night became $24. For that I had a huge a/c room with a mini-safe, satellite TV, fridge and a beautiful large balcony. Breakfast was included as well. Bargain! Very quiet at night, so you can be assured of a good night's sleep too. Kim-Sai was very nice and helpful, especially when my safe wouldn't open a few times due to a problem with the battery. He always had a smile on his face as well, which was nice, maybe something I should learn from. The hotel was less than 5 minutes walk from the night market, through the back streets. However, learn the route to the hotel along the main road for when you return late at night by Tuk-Tuk as most of the drivers don't know where the "Aliens" hotel is.
If I came to Siem Reap again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank TerryLondon_England

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Northumberland
Reviewed 19 February 2011

What a charming place to stay, staff were very friendly and the food was excellent. It is idealy locatated close enough to all the amneties of the centre but quiet enough to be able to relax. The hotel gardens were lovely and we loved sitting and having a pot of tea after a hard day going around the temples.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank christonbank
Kibbutz Gezer, Israel
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Besides all said in previous reviews, every word of which we also found to be true, I would like to add that we chose Alliance Villa because it is small, quiet and on a quiet side street. We wanted a place to relax after all the crowds at the temples, and this was a great choice. Elegant and spacious rooms, with a fridge, great staff, pretty place. When I chose it I didn't realise that Alliance Villa is also just a few minutes walk from the Night Market, and from Pub Street and a zillion places to eat. Needless to say, we stayed an extra night. And paid $20 for a double room. Alliance Villa made our trip to Siem Reap so comfortable and pleasant, beyond all expectations!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank kunmingirl
Thailand
Reviewed 23 November 2010

This is one of the nicest places I have stayed on my travels in SE Asia. Not only the beautiful, clean, spacious, comfortable rooms with a huge private balcony, but the service was fantastic. We dealt mostly with Kim-Sai who always greeted us with a big smile and was always so prompt to help in any way he could. With breakfast included and free internet and the location being only a few minutes walk from the night market and central market, it made this place great value that I will definitely be recommending to anyone staying in Siem Reap. It was a huge relief to find this peaceful, green oasis in the midst of so many large, impersonal hotels.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MelinThailand
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Really loved our stay at Alliance Villa. Simple decor. Very pleasant stay,comfortable,peaceful & nice scenery. The villa staffs seemed always on the look-out to make things as good as they get & it was met with courtesy. As i can say,their service is SUPERB. The breakfast & dinner we had is FANTASTIC. Thumbs up to the EXCELLENT chef who did the cooking. This is a beautiful place & we wish we could stay longer. Thank you for the good service & hope we'll come back here one day for our next visit to Siam Reap. A very big thank to Mr BOB, the room really met our expectation & we are satisfied with it & thank to one of the staff - KIM SHAY who always there to communicates & shared stories with us. We really enjoy our stay at Alliance Villa (16-19 Sept 2010)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Blackruz
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 September 2010

It was my first trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia.. and I’ve decided to try my luck with Alliance Villa. This was the best decision I’ve made for my trip. The villa was very charming, the staff at the reception were all smiles and friendly and our room was huge and fabulous. One of the staff at Alliance Villa deserves a special mention; his name is Kim Shay. We could not compliment him enough, he was really friendly, always smiling and chatted with us whenever we were relaxing near the reception. We ordered breakfast and dinner at the villa and were really happy with the food. Delicious!! The owner of the Villa, Bob also deserves a special mention too. He answered all my queries and was always pleasant and prompt in his replies. I would come back again to stay at Alliance Villa in a heartbeat. My love to all the people at Alliance Villa for making my stay there so memorable!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends